Official NBA Finals Game 3: 06/09 Los Angeles Lakers @ Orlando Magic 6:00PM PST ABC

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

If howard can get 20 & 20 wit 6 blocks, alston, hedo, lewis score 15+ a peace then have pietrus come off tha bench wit 18 & play good defense the rest of the way...
tired.gif
pimp.gif

CHAMPIONSHIP...

Kobe was the only laker who played from beginning to end, errbody else....
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif
laugh.gif

Kobe played from beginning to end?

laugh.gif

If you think the Magic will shoot 62% again...

laugh.gif

Everytime you post....

laugh.gif
don't worry he knows nothing about basketball 2 days ago he thought the format was 2-2-1-1-1 he just trying to fit in

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

If howard can get 20 & 20 wit 6 blocks, alston, hedo, lewis score 15+ a peace then have pietrus come off tha bench wit 18 & play good defense the rest of the way...
tired.gif
pimp.gif

CHAMPIONSHIP...

Kobe was the only laker who played from beginning to end, errbody else....
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif
laugh.gif

Kobe played from beginning to end?

laugh.gif

If you think the Magic will shoot 62% again...

laugh.gif

Everytime you post....

laugh.gif
don't worry he knows nothing about basketball 2 days ago he thought the format was 2-2-1-1-1 he just trying to fit in

word...dudes
sick.gif

Whats with the miss calls from the REFS????
mad.gif

Clearly Pietrus Double dribble infornt of the refs to Howard's offensive foul to Lamars Block being a foul.

Shoot 65% and only win by 4 i dont think the win changes the series i still say lakers in 5

Yeah it's been well documented in this thread that Kobe deserves most of the blame for last nights loss. I just really don't like the way he's beenapproaching the game in this series, it's kind of the reverse of what had been working, instead of going off in the 4th, he's gone off in the 1st qtr afew games this series and then trying to be the facilitator in the 4th when usually it's Kobe time.

I think he's spending a lot of energy early and it's affecting his game late cause this is 3 straight games that he's had subpar 4th qtrs by hisstandards (Game 1 even though it was a blowout, he was like 1-5 with a couple turnovers I think). I think he should make a conscious effort to make sure to getPau at least 10 shots before halftime and LO to be aggressive as well when he comes in.

Although he is avg. 33 pts and 8 assists so it's kind of hard to say he's been playing terrible cause he hasn't. I just think he could pick hisspots a little better. I think he'll bounce back though.

From an objective point of view, I just don't understand why Kobe has NO trust in his teammates when the game is on the line. I can't imagine hehonestly believes, with his knowledge of the game, that a contested jumpshot in any manner is a higher percentage shot than a wide open one for Ariza, LO,DFish, or Pau in the post.

I could definitely understand you guys angst.

It must be basketball day or somethin, cuz I'm here at work and everybody wanna talk to be about ball now.
nerd.gif

Whole rest of the playoffs and start of the finals, nobody wanna talk basketball with me, now they all experts and watched every second of every game or somenonsense.

Funny how that happens 'round here.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

It must be basketball day or somethin, cuz I'm here at work and everybody wanna talk to be about ball now.
nerd.gif

Whole rest of the playoffs and start of the finals, nobody wanna talk basketball with me, now they all experts and watched every second of every game or some nonsense.

Funny how that happens 'round here.
laugh.gif
co-sign...its funny when we win...everybody at work..gym..my friends and practically the whole bay area wanna start talking about the a's,giants or even niners and raiders...but when we lose its suddenly NBA season again
laugh.gif
...jerks

Originally Posted by LazyJ23

mad.gif

Clearly Pietrus Double dribble infornt of the refs to Howard's offensive foul to Lamars Block being a foul.

Shoot 65% and only win by 4 i dont think the win changes the series i still say lakers in 5
Like Pau Gasol traveling in Game 1 or 2 and giving Rashard Lewis his 3rd foul, and him goaltending at the end of the game.

doyung9:
From an objective point of view, I just don't understand why Kobe has NO trust in his teammates when the game is on the line. I can't imagine he honestly believes, with his knowledge of the game, that a contested jumpshot in any manner is a higher percentage shot than a wide open one for Ariza, LO, DFish, or Pau in the post.

See, I've said for years... I mean YEARS... that I don't think the problem is that he doesn'ttrust his teammates. I mean, sure, he has had teammates that were untrustworthy (I'm looking at you, Kwame, Smush, and Cook). But looking at his careerthrough all of his years and looking at all of his teammates, I don't think the problem is that he doesn't trust his teammates.

I think the problem is that he trusts himself too much, he trusts himself more, he wants to be a hero who wins more than he wants to be a guy who wins.

And again, as I've always said (not that it matters to certain ones of you that consistently have problems with my antipathy towards your boy): this is alljust my opinion. Remember that.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

doyung9:
From an objective point of view, I just don't understand why Kobe has NO trust in his teammates when the game is on the line. I can't imagine he honestly believes, with his knowledge of the game, that a contested jumpshot in any manner is a higher percentage shot than a wide open one for Ariza, LO, DFish, or Pau in the post.

See, I've said for years... I mean YEARS... that I don't think the problem is that he doesn't trust his teammates. I mean, sure, he has had teammates that were untrustworthy (I'm looking at you, Kwame, Smush, and Cook). But looking at his career through all of his years and looking at all of his teammates, I don't think the problem is that he doesn't trust his teammates.

I think the problem is that he trusts himself too much, he trusts himself more, he wants to be a hero who wins more than he wants to be a guy who wins.

And again, as I've always said (not that it matters to certain ones of you that consistently have problems with my antipathy towards your boy): this is all just my opinion. Remember that.
wink.gif

I agree with you. I think it's definitely a mix of the two. He can no longer use untrustworthy teammates as a crutch with guys like LO and Pauon the floor.

I also think he picks and chooses his spots horribly. Someone said it earlier, I don't understand his want to be a facilitator in the 4th and a closer inthe 1st, when it should be the opposite.

IMO.

doyung9:

See, I've said for years... I mean YEARS... that I don't think the problem is that he doesn't trust his teammates. I mean, sure, he has had teammates that were untrustworthy (I'm looking at you, Kwame, Smush, and Cook). But looking at his career through all of his years and looking at all of his teammates, I don't think the problem is that he doesn't trust his teammates.

And again, as I've always said (not that it matters to certain ones of you that consistently have problems with my antipathy towards your boy): this is all just my opinion. Remember that.
wink.gif

yehh he trusts his teammates but he trusts himself more...there was a documentary about this during the 2001 championship year where he even said it himselfthis was when the shaq/kobe feud was at its peak...he said that if he had an opportunity to take the winning shot as opposed to his teammate to take theshot...hed take it cause he knows he worked harder than his teammates did...but hey thats kobe for u...but i think in those situations he only trusts himselfand robert horry (well he is clutch)
pimp.gif

Like Pau Gasol traveling in Game 1 or 2 and giving Rashard Lewis his 3rd foul, and him goaltending at the end of the game.
what about that dwight howard goaltending...he clearly had his hand in that rim...the refs are inconsistent both ways

doyung9:

wink.gif

I agree somewhat with this, it's not that he doesn't want to win, it's just been his mentality every since he came into the league asa rookie, remember the airballs in Utah, Kobe has the ultimate confidence in himself and sometimes it doesn't always lead to be best decisions, but to sayhe wants to be a hero more than he wants to win is a stretch IMO. The way he's seemed to over-do-it at times this postseason shows me how bad he wants thisring. I think he's worthy of the "best closer in the game" moniker because he's done it so many times that it's odd and surprising whenhe doesn't come through. His teammates and he himself have said constantly this season that they expect him to come through in those situations, whetherit's taking the big shot or making the play for someone else.

mad.gif

Lol, the lakers live off the refs calls. They yell everytime they shoot tryin to get a call, they cry to refs after every play, if it wasn't for the refsthe lake show would've been eliminated from the playoffs long ago.
Biggest cry-babies in the league!!!

I forgot to mention.. I was really impressed with Farmar's play off the bench last night... There was one little stretch where he was keeping the team inthe game.

Hopefully that can boost his confidence in his jumper for Game 4

raptors29:
LazyJ23:
mad.gif

See, this is why I seldom complain about the refs; there are bad calls on both sides. The Lakers have definitely benefited from bad calls over theyears.
westcoastsfinest:
what about that dwight howard goaltending...he clearly had his hand in that rim...the refs are inconsistent both ways
Agreed.

raptors29:
LazyJ23:
mad.gif

See, this is why I seldom complain about the refs; there are bad calls on both sides. The Lakers have definitely benefited from bad calls over the years.
westcoastsfinest:
Agreed.
In my opinion, the calls have swayed towards the Lakers court LATE in the game, I mean last night I was like damn some of these calls are gettingridiculous, and then I believe it was game one where Turk couldn't get a call to save his life late in the game against Trevor Ariza.

And the no basket interference call against Pau was real
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
IMO.

That's why I'd like replay implemented late in the game, or hell even have like a football system where the teams can question a call whenever theywant, if they're wrong it'll cost them a foul, or a timeout or something. But then there'll always be the argument that the calls should be calledthe same whether there's 47 minutes left or 47 seconds left.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

I forgot to mention.. I was really impressed with Farmar's play off the bench last night... There was one little stretch where he was keeping the team in the game.

Hopefully that can boost his confidence in his jumper for Game 4
I think other than that bad pass he had, Farmar was playing very well. Made his FT's, shot some high percentage shots, found Lamar in the postfor some easy buckets.

I don't think this series is one-sided at ALL .

& if I was Kobe , I wouldn't trust those dudes either . Fisher can't hit a damn lay-up , Odom does dumb !@!* , Pau has butterfingers , Farmar isinconsistent , Brown hasn't had enough minutes to get his rhythm , etc .

Kobe is the captain , he normally makes the right decisions for the team . He makes mistakes too , but he IS the most reliable .

That wasn't a goaltend on Dwight Howard. The ball wasn't above the cylinder and it wasn't on it's way down. And krazy88s everyone knowsthey're human and make mistakes, but you can make so many costly mistakes.

doyung9:

wink.gif

Kobe needs to "get it" his (open) teammates can get the job done when he gets doubled or is contested. I keep waiting to see a"Jordan to Kerr" moment but Kobe is too ++%$%%* stubbron to let it happen at the end of the game. Sometimes the best play is making the correct pass.

Back
Top Bottom