OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Rex Kalamian joining the staff. GREAT move, although we all expected it.

Did great work as a scout for us in the 90's and has been a great assistant everywhere he's been. I was surprised he didn't get the Toronto gig.

Doing my googles on Rex Kalamian now. Damn, that's an insanely good hire by the FO. FO doing stellar work.

Want to see if LAC gets in on some action with Memphis or Atlanta to move up in the draft.

Doing my googles on Rex Kalamian now. Damn, that's an insanely good hire by the FO. FO doing stellar work.

Want to see if LAC gets in on some action with Memphis or Atlanta to move up in the draft.

If I'm the FO I'm taking Parsons and that #4 pick.

- Doc and the Clips FO have a great relationship with Pop and San Antonio

- Tobias Harris would be the best player out of the Knicks, Lakers, and Clippers in terms of teams that Kawhi has expressed a level of interest in. That matters if the Spurs still want to compete next year.

- 12 and 13 is nothing to scoff at, two lotto picks.

- Jerry West, Lawrence Frank.

Clips got action

Then again, maybe it's the "other" Los Angeles team that winds up trading for Leonard. As USA TODAY Sports reported in mid-April, the Clippers have been hoping for this very moment to arrive and are expected to make a hard push to land Leonard. They have the No. 12 and No. 13 picks in Thursday's draft, and could put together the kind of package that allows the Spurs to infuse their roster with a combination of high-end prospects and veterans.

^^^ As if there weren’t already enough reasons to dislike Clown-per Darrell. SMDH.

My gut tells me that the Lakers get Kiwi. They’ll give up Lonzo and Ingram for him...and then we’ll get to laugh at all the Lakers fans complaining it’s a terrible deal for them...

Reactions: HIM
^^^ As if there weren’t already enough reasons to dislike Clown-per Darrell. SMDH.

My gut tells me that the Lakers get Kiwi. They’ll give up Lonzo and Ingram for him...and then we’ll get to laugh at all the Lakers fans complaining it’s a terrible deal for them...

No chance in hell the Spurs trade with the Lakers IMO

So, what would the deal be? Tobias, Austin and No. 12 for Kawhi?

12&13 for sure. Then it gets tricky.

Speaking of which, wonder what Austin is going to do this summer. With DJ almost certainly opting out, Rudy Gay unexpectedly opting out, others...not so sure he opts in anymore and losing DJ and Austin would really do a number on our ability to be competitive next summer.

Not a real surprise, but I read the team has already decided to move on from Milos. If he picks up his option, they’ll waive him. I like Milos; he’s fun and can pass the hell out of the ball, but that doesn’t make up for his lack of defensive abilities and durability.

Honestly think he’d be best off going back to Europe. At this point in his career, he’s not really built for an 82 game NBA season.

Yeah he was fun, and was a solid contributor, but he was legitimately the worst defender I've ever seen in the NBA at times last year, and that isn't hyperbole.

Would rather see those minutes go to Jawun / Sin / Tyrone (hopefully) anyway.

Austin is a good NBA player, and has really improved, but I 100% prefer he ans DJ opt out. He is not a difference maker on a twam like ours. He can be crucial to a team that is on the verge of contending

If it results in a top 10 pick next year, even better. 2019-2020 is when I expect to be back in the postseason anyway.

Austin is a good NBA player, and has really improved, but I 100% prefer he ans DJ opt out. He is not a difference maker on a twam like ours. He can be crucial to a team that is on the verge of contending

If it results in a top 10 pick next year, even better. 2019-2020 is when I expect to be back in the postseason anyway.

Agree with all of this. Plus, as I’ve been saying, the only way for Austin to finally and completely kill the nepostism narrative about himself, is to flourish under someone other than his Dad. I hope he does that.

Reactions: HIM
Opting out is apparently what’s hot this Summer. Heard Jamal is opting out if his deal with Minny too.

If only Austin opted in already we would be serious contenders to move up into the top 5 of the draft. Smh

Opting out is apparently what’s hot this Summer. Heard Jamal is opting out if his deal with Minny too.

with all the money teams have to throw around on contract these days, they want to get paid as much as possible with that adjusted rate

From everything I’m reading/hearing, our FO has the green light to be aggressive in pursuing trades, but my gut tells me we end up keeping both picks and using them.

Latest DX mock as of this morning

12. LA Clippers (via Pistons)

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Kentucky

PG/SG

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 171

The Clippers could be looking at point guard as a position in need of supplementing, and the size, length and versatility of Gilgeous-Alexander could be attractive here considering the type of lineup flexibility he brings.

The fact that he is 6-6 (with a 7-foot wingspan), instinctual defensively and unselfish makes him easy to slot in alongside virtually any type of player. His offense has made significant strides as the season has moved on, helping him surprisingly emerge as arguably Kentucky's best long-term prospect.

Starting salary: $3,179,280

13. LA Clippers
Lonnie Walker IV
Miami
SG

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 206

Walker didn't have a consistent or efficient freshman season, but his talent, combined with the lack of depth at his position, is keeping his name in the lottery conversation. His youth, strong frame, 6-10½ wingspan and ability to shoot with his feet set or off the dribble make him a candidate to rise during the pre-draft process as teams search for upside and diamonds in the rough.

The Clippers' wing rotation is a major work in progress and could certainly use some more shooting, length and perimeter-defensive prowess.

Starting salary: $3,020,280

Not the biggest Shai or Lonnie fans. Think they're both pretty raw, but their measurables are really good, they're both young as hell, and in particular shai saved that KU team last year, so I'm not mad at it.

But the hope of moving up in the draft is real for me, I hope it happens.

Back
Top Bottom