OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Regardless, I'm excited for the offseason! Want to see what this FO does in FA and in the draft.

IDK what’s going on with Doc. Multiple reports yesterday had him gone. Today David Aldridge tweeted that he’s likely to stay. My opinion is the Clippere will let him coach next season if he wants, but could decide to leave if he gets a strong offer from another team, like the Magic.

IDK what’s going on with Doc. Multiple reports yesterday had him gone. Today David Aldridge tweeted that he’s likely to stay. My opinion is the Clippere will let him coach next season if he wants, but could decide to leave if he gets a strong offer from another team, like the Magic.

I feel like he won't be the coach of the team by opening night. That's my gut feeling. It's one of those things where "He's the coach...until he isn't" :lol: I think his coaching status is completely up in the air and totally predicated on what the clips do roster wise this summer.

So, I’m starting to look at mock drafts, but I really don’t know about any of the prospects besides Doncic and Ayton. The mock I looked at this morning has us taking Miles Bridges and Robert Williams. Cliffs Notes on those guys?

agreed law, i think if he stays, LAC will allow him to reside over the "rebuild" (if doc wants to) + a year or 2 to work out of it. no real use hiring a new coach just to fire him in 2 years anyway if things dont go well.

Was just thinking....

Would we be better off with DJ opting in? I mean obviiusly getting PG, Bron, or Kawhi is the best result but aside from that...

DJ opts in
We keep him and are a fringe playoff team again.

Or
We trade him at the deadline for a future first.

Either way he's off our books heading i to 2019-2020. Haven't looked at what FAs will be available that year but I think we'd be one of the best options for a top FA. Lots of money and a nice roster.

^^^ I don’t have a problem with DJ coming back under his current deal. I just don’t want to sign him to new multi-year deal for big money. He may end up opting in because I don’t think, if he opts our, there’s going to be a big market for him.

If we do bring DJ back, I hope Doc (or whoever the coach is) is not afraid to sit him if he’s not playing well. He was pretty bad on defense the last 20 or so games if the season. Was especially terrible in PnR situations...

I think its going to be pretty interesting offseason throughout the whole NBA, Clippers Bros. Aside from the big name FAs, I think we could see some movement via trade. I think there’s a few teams that are going to have to be thinking they’re not going better as currently constituted and therefore want to shake things up. Teams I have on this list are Blazers, Bucks, Wizards, maybe more. Saw one article already about us going after Beal, but not sure that’s our best option...

Yeah, I think it’s gonna be a wild offseason with player movement fellas. After how OKC flames out in the playoffs, don’t see PG going back. Cleveland looking like trash besides LeBron, so good chance he moves too. Wizards and Blazers should be looking to shake things up roster-wise.

I don’t know how we fit in to any of this. Maybe not at all. But I’m looking forward to seeing what unfolds...

I think there's at least a 50% chance that the Clips end up netting a player who unexpectedly becomes available. (Beal, CJ McCollum, Kawhi, etc.) Then there's LBJ who has a great relationship with Jerry West, PG x LA x LAC is a potential thing, so idk.

You combine the aforementioned with the fact that for the first time in seemingly forever, the Clips have assets and it looks like an interesting summer for us.

This doesn’t have anything to do with the Clippers, but I saw Russ Westbrook today up close and in-person. I was kind of surprised how NOT big he looked. I think he’s 6’2”, tops.

Reactions: HIM
This doesn’t have anything to do with the Clippers, but I saw Russ Westbrook today up close and in-person. I was kind of surprised how NOT big he looked. I think he’s 6’2”, tops.

Follow-up: Today I was driving on Sepulveda and noticed a nice Ferrari with Indiana plates. Pulled up along side it and it was Paul George. Drove next to him for a few blocks.

Will report back next week when I inevitably run into Melo somewhere. Me and members of OKC seems to travel in the same circles. LOL.

Follow-up: Today I was driving on Sepulveda and noticed a nice Ferrari with Indiana plates. Pulled up along side it and it was Paul George. Drove next to him for a few blocks.

Will report back next week when I inevitably run into Melo somewhere. Me and members of OKC seems to travel in the same circles. LOL.

Should of lobbed a recruiting pitch at PG lol

Bruhs - I want to be happy for CP3 making the WCF, but i’m not. If he would have played like he did tonight against the Rockets in Game 6 2015 or OKC Game 5 2014, he would been have been there already.

Bruhs - I want to be happy for CP3 making the WCF, but i’m not. If he would have played like he did tonight against the Rockets in Game 6 2015 or OKC Game 5 2014, he would been have been there already.

I'm happy for him. This must bu why he wanted to have another elite PG. Hard to donthis when you've had to create every single bucket for everyone for the first 40 minutes of the game.

Go get a ring :pimp:

Reports are that Doc is getting a contract extension. Sure, why not? ... I guess.

Back
Top Bottom