OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Just a terrible defensive performance, as they've been on that end post All Star break.

The two lotto picks are nice, and if we can keep Ty Wallace, along with the development of Jawun & Sin, we could have some seriously nice pieces to build with for the future.

Which, unless we hit a homerun in FA, I think we should seriously entertain. This season was cute, great, a lot of fun moments.

But moving forward, what does this roster fully healthy look like? Is it a playoff team? Is it not? And if it isn't, then IMO I'd hope they don't repeat what they did this season and cost up some spots in the lottery. I say that because I'm not so sure a team led by Gallo/Tobias/Lou is a playoff team out west.

The two lotto picks are nice, and if we can keep Ty Wallace, along with the development of Jawun & Sin, we could have some seriously nice pieces to build with for the future.

Which, unless we hit a homerun in FA, I think we should seriously entertain. This season was cute, great, a lot of fun moments.

But moving forward, what does this roster fully healthy look like? Is it a playoff team? Is it not? And if it isn't, then IMO I'd hope they don't repeat what they did this season and cost up some spots in the lottery. I say that because I'm not so sure a team led by Gallo/Tobias/Lou is a playoff team out west.

^^^ IDK, with a healthy Bev and maybe Bradley, if the draft picks pan out, we could be a solid team. I think we could go kind of the Boston route and still field a competitive team while also maintaining flexibility.

^^^ Honestly, since we never had all of our best players healthy and playing together for a sustained period of time this season, I really don’t have a sense of how good we could be. That said, right now, we have a lot of good to very good payers, but no stars. Good players can get you in the playoffs, but you needs stars to be a real contender.

^^^ Honestly, since we never had all of our best players healthy and playing together for a sustained period of time this season, I really don’t have a sense of how good we could be. That said, right now, we have a lot of good to very good payers, but no stars. Good players can get you in the playoffs, but you needs stars to be a real contender.

Can good player get you to the playoffs though?

Literally the top 9 teams in the West all have elite all NBA talent. As it stands now we don’t have anything close to that on this roster

^^^ IDK, with a healthy Bev and maybe Bradley, if the draft picks pan out, we could be a solid team. I think we could go kind of the Boston route and still field a competitive team while also maintaining flexibility.

A solid competitive team sure, but at best we’re probably 7-9 seed unless we acquire some top end tier 1 or tier 2 talent.

The 8th seed in the west right now has jimmy butler and Kat towns on it. Even when healthy our roster currently doesn’t stack up to the top 9 teams out west.

^^^ considering that we’re going to finish above .500 and only got eliminated from the playoffs in the last week of the season, despite having the most player-games lost due to injury and most different starting line-ups in the NBA, and that we endured a nine game losing streak, I’m not sure I can say we definitely won’t be as good next year than all the teams that finished ahead of us this year. It’s certainly possible, but I have to think with better health, more continuity and natural player progression, plus adding talent through the draft, we could be better next year even if we don’t sign a 1st tier FA.

Not to mention, its possible that some of the teams in our current class could get worse over the Summer, like SAS if they trade Kawahi or OKC if PG goes elsewhere. Gotta see how things play out.

My guy shoeking went from being overly optimistic to a Debbie downer in one season :lol:

Who would have thought Utah would be a 4th seed after losing Hayward? Im not making any predictions.

The way we fought throughout this season despite adversity gave reason for optimism. They were legit fun to root for this season. But this season’s over now, looking ahead.

Just depends on where you think the ceiling is for this current roster. Extremely premature though, and regardless this roster will have changed a bit by September anyway.

My guy shoeking went from being overly optimistic to a Debbie downer in one season :lol:

Who would have thought Utah would be a 4th seed after losing Hayward? Im not making any predictions.

Was just thinking about this today. Biggest surprise in this NBA season has to be the teams that are the 3-5 seeds in both conferences. Thought Portland would be fighting to get in and Utah would be lottery-bound for sure. I thought Philly would be better, but not in contention for a 3 seed and anticipated the Pacers being terrible.

Y'all over the last 15 games we've had the 30th(!) best defense in the league.

The eye test looked like it, but it's still crazy to see

Y'all over the last 15 games we've had the 30th(!) best defense in the league.

The eye test looked like it, but it's still crazy to see

That’s really, really freaking bad when you account for the fact there are at least 5 teams in the league that have been in full-blown, all-out tank mode since the all-star break.

Not sold on Fizz, but Glenn gotta go.

As long as Clips fans don't think a new coach is going to work miracles with us then I'm good with it. New blood can be good.

I still can't get with the "Doc Killed the Lob City Clippers" narrative though. That's wild to me.

Idk man, I think Doc is a good coach but it seems like CP3 and Blake both had issues with him. JJ has kinda hinted at it too.

I've never like Fiz as a coach but I guess we'll see. I would prefer someone who has never been an NBA head coach before.

As long as Clips fans don't think a new coach is going to work miracles with us then I'm good with it. New blood can be good.

I still can't get with the "Doc Killed the Lob City Clippers" narrative though. That's wild to me.

I don’t think I’d put it in those terms. There was lots of factors that combined to kill Lob City, but Doc clearly wasn’t helping the situation in the last couple years. There’s lots of blame to go around for the demise of Lob City, but Doc for sure gets a a share.

I don’t think I’d put it in those terms. There was lots of factors that combined to kill Lob City, but Doc clearly wasn’t helping the situation in the last couple years. There’s lots of blame to go around for the demise of Lob City, but Doc for sure gets a a share.

I feel like, every team has dissension. Almost Every team has a GM who makes good decisions (Finding Luc, Cole Aldrich for cheap, Austin Rivers for cheap) and bad decisions (Trading away first, bad drafting on the margins)

The only real difference is the degree of winning that goes on within these teams. If we don't choke in game 5 vs OKC, Game 6 vs OKC, or Game 6 vs Houston, do we have this conversation w/Doc?

Doc def gets a share of the blame, but the big reason why we never broke though to me was simply...our cap was tied into players who just weren't good (or healthy) enough to justify taking up all of our cap space. Every really good team has cap issues, but it's mitigated when your stars play up and eventually outperform their deals. The combo of Blake/CP/DJ didn't do that, and when that happens, it throws everything off, like a chain effect.

What coach or GM could have got the Clips past the 2nd round if we're all in agreement that Steph, KD, James Harden, Russ, Kawhi are the best players in the conference and they're not on our team?

Back
Top Bottom