OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

I'm ready for change. 50+ wins, injuries, early exit gets boring after the 6th season.

Last edited:
I'm ready for change. 50+ wins, injuries, early exit gets boring after the 6th season.
The more and more I think about the more and more I

1) Agree with this

and

2) Don't think much is going to happen.

Maybeee a coaching change, but as Lawdog alluded to, that won't be easy. Woj just came out today and talked about how the Clips are committed to Blake long term, so I doubt he's going to give up a max deal from LAC especially when we're probably going to be one of if not the only 'good' team that's willing to give him max money (Injury history) then you have CP who's already 32, and is probably on his last big contract this summer and he's not leaving an extra 70 MILLION DOLLARS on the table to play somewhere else. Jamal is under contract, (although he could be packaged in a melo deal or something with Wejo and Austin)

so yeah, I fully anticipate for sure Doc/CP/Blake/DJ back and for now, Jamal as well.

^^^ If you're right and we do re-sign CP and Blake, probably the best move we can make in the Summer is getting Melo. Not that I think it will bring us close to GSW, but at least it will be ... something different.

Agree completely with erupt that the last 2 seasons have felt real repetitive.

^^^ If you're right and we do re-sign CP and Blake, probably the best move we can make in the Summer is getting Melo. Not that I think it will bring us close to GSW, but at least it will be ... something different.

Agree completely with erupt that the last 2 seasons have felt real repetitive.
At the risk of sounding extremely optimistic, I think the Melo thing is for sure going to get done and I agree, it adds some new intrigue even if it doesn't bring us much closer to GSW.

Melo and NYK are so far apart idk how he goes back, and the list of teams to me that he'll go to due to his NTC is short and i'd imagine that the clippers are on that short list.

Win or lose this round, I think the Clippers should re-sign Blake this summer and look to trade him next year (when he becomes eligible) to bolster the depth of the team.

Ironically, I'd look at the Magic with Aaron Gordon and Evan Fournier. Too bad they let go of Hennigan. He'd probably be desperate enough to toss in a lotto pick. :lol:

^^^ Would be nice to be on the winning end of that kind of deal, since Doc's signature move as a GM is to unnecessarily give away first rounders. Still can't believe we gave up picks for half-a-season of Jeff ******* Green.

So after Tonight who's hitting game 7 [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

Ramona Shelburne‏Verified account @ramonashelburne · 2h2 hours ago
"The definition of insanity resides on one side of the ledger" -- great line and story from @kevinarnovitz http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents19258322/the-la-clippers-last-stand

Highly recommend this Arnovitz article. Gets into a lot of the issues we've heard about concerning the interpersonal relationships between the players on the team, but actually backs it all up with facts and interviews. One of the better, more objective articles I've read on the Clippers and why the team hasn't been able to get to the next level we all want.

So after Tonight who's hitting game 7 [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]
Lowkey, I would probably do it for the agriclture. Part of me wants Utah to just take us out back and put us out of our misery, but the masochist wants this season to continue.

Through five games the total score is 495-495
Part of the reason why I think we have a good change to win tonight is due to how close the series as been. If the game is tight, (And it looks like it will be) if we can get just a few stops down the stretch we can make this thing 7 games. We have the best player in the series who's been a monster all 4th quarter, and the Jazz have been shooting the **** out of the ball all series. A couple of misses and boards go our way, and we can make this 7 games.

Also think it'll be a blowout too. So yeah
laugh.gif

Last edited:
^^^ Yeah, I got us losing by 15 tonight. Just don't think the team has it in them to prolong this. Honestly, I started question how much heart they really have in it last game. They did not exhibit the kind of desperation level I'd expect for a critical game 5 at home. They know GSW is sitting back, resting and waiting.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think this will be the first non-close game of the series.

We'll see though.

Praying for 2015 game 6 against spurs.

Thinking it's going to be 2013 game 6 against memphis though

We have literally no chance of beating the Warriors in a 7 game series. I don't think anyone in the West does. It's up to LeBron to stop them now.

I can see the Rockets giving the Dubs problems and maybe even beat them.

Just have Beverly dive to Curry's knees in game 1 and they'd be good to go.

^^^ I actually agree that Houston would pose the biggest problems for the Warriors, but I don't think they're going to get to play them. The Spurs will be the Rockets. Then the Spurs will lose to the Warriors in the WCF in 5 or 6 games.

Guess Blake will be the one getting out the paint. 

UNLESS, we can somehow get melo while keeping Blake and CP3. Is this possible, @PCH Roadwinder  
It's absolutely possible. Will it happen? Who knows but the combination of him wanting to play for a contender, LA, CP and him being besties, etc.

It almost happened at the deadline but LAC pulled back, wanting to revisit it in the offseason. And it'll probably be the same Austin/Jamal/Wes Johnson package, but melo can voluntarily waive the kicker, Clips aren't taxpayers in this scenario, along with a few other details that make it easier to do it in the offseason.

Regardless, like I said in the NT NBA thread, I have no idea what's going to happen and wouldn't be shocked either way, but CP and Blake both would be leaving A LOT of money on the table if they signed elsewhere, and the number of winning teams that they could go to is pretty low, especially for Chris Paul. I doubt either one is going to leave a 50+ win team for teams who aren't in position to win substantially with them. With this being CP's last big payday, and Blake coming off of injury, for two separate reasons I personally don't see the scenario of one, let alone both going to be likely. Like to me that's not even breaking news what Kevin said, a 32 year old on his last payday who worked on the damn CBA, who's options are already limited from a team perspective, probably won't leave 70Ms on the table.

I don't know and I COULD BE WRONG Lmao, but just looking at the facts I don't see it.

So IMO, Melo coming to LAC to join the clips core is more likely to happen than say, the Clippers being without CP and Blake at the start of next season and if you have Blake/CP/DJ/Melo you'll probably have Doc as well so the whole "end of an era" thing has been a bit overblown. Pieces outside of the core, i.e. no crawford, redick, are far more likely. (Although we have JJ's bird rights so we can go over if we want)

Last edited:
agreed with above. there just arent any landing spots for blake or cp3 that present a better chance at winning a title outside of LAC. blake to OKC? does he really want to play with westbrook? i dont think so. cp3 to SAS? for far less money on his last big contract...and that contract being a MASSIVE contract. dont think so.

i think all the key pieces stay including doc and they are convinced by the melo/PG13/gordon hayward aspect.

Feel bad for CP3. He's literally doing all he can to keep us in this game, but if things keep going they have been, it's not going to be close to enough.

agreed with above. there just arent any landing spots for blake or cp3 that present a better chance at winning a title outside of LAC. blake to OKC? does he really want to play with westbrook? i dont think so. cp3 to SAS? for far less money on his last big contract...and that contract being a MASSIVE contract. dont think so.

i think all the key pieces stay including doc and they are convinced by the melo/PG13/gordon hayward aspect.

If I was Blake, I'd go to Boston. Already a very good team. Have cap room. And he'd fit in perfectly.

Stunned we're down by only 2. Jazz are getting much easier shots than us. But hell, I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom