OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Draft lottery tomorrow. Mr. Jerry West will be representing us. Logo gonna work his magic and luck is into a top 5 pick....

(Probably not...)

All right, the good news about last night it that we got to keep both our first round picks. The bad news is they’re still picks 12 and 13. But I’m confident Jerry and Larry will turn them into something good...

KAT not happy in Minny. Can we package DJ one of the picks and add in player to be named for KAT. I think Thibbs would bite for a defensive Center since he's such a defensive minded coach.

Imagine KAT, with Tobias, Milos, Lou and the gang. Or we try to package Tobias with other and picks for Kawhi. Yea I'm dreaming but I would love to try.

I dont understand why we gave Doc an extension. I am not against it but they should have let him play out the year and go from there. We dont even have a real squad until our draft picks are in and DJ opts in or opts out.

i just can't see anything changing if Doc is there or they get a legit superstar (not those that get superstar pay, but an actual elite superstar)

i just can't see anything changing if Doc is there or they get a legit superstar (not those that get superstar pay, but an actual elite superstar)

Doc didn't want to go through a rebuild in Boston. I would take this as a sign that you guys are seriously going after a legit superstar- Kawhi.

didn't it take him 4 years of building in Boston though?

i hope they attract a superstar like Kawhi but at least get rid of Austin

^^^ I think it was a case of the team figuring there was no guanteee of improvement if they hired another coach. Odds are not good that we’d find a Brad Stevens...

I also think re-signing Doc is a sign we’re going to push to sign one of the big name FAs. Despite CP3 throwing some shade at him this year, Doc still seems to be pretty well respected by players in the league. Plus, it would be hard to convince someone like PG to come here to play for an unproven coach.

i guess but it seems like if you're going after lebron, you'd leave that position vacant so he can choose who he can order around there :lol:

how many years was the extension? seems like they could have signed him after they get someone

^^^ I don't see LeBron as a viable possibility. I'm thinking more about PG and Kawahi. Lebbywinks not coming to a team one of his Banana Boat Buddies bailed on.

We had Mo Bamba's pro day today and literally the entire FO was there. Jerry West, Lawrence Frank, Dee Brown, Dave Severns, Trent Redden, Everyone but Doc really.

Really interesting that our entire FO was there when we're picking so late in the draft.

From my conversations with Jerry and a couple other ppl in the FO. We definitely would love to jump up to #6 at least

Well, the bad news is the ******* Warriors are champs again. The good news is that the season is finally over and we can move on to building our own championship squad :wink:

I'm a firm believer that lbj is going to make calls to the players he would like to play with this summer I.e. Pg, cp3, kawhi maybe demarcus cousins etc. I think he'll either head to Houston, or present himself and 1 or 2 of those players in sort of a package deal manner to a few teams that can get it done without totally gutting the roster.

What do you guys think the chances are that the Clippers are that team?

Imo, I think cp3 would welcome a return to lac if the right circumstances existed.

I think Jerry West, an owner that believes in his team plugs willing to break the bank and even doc can make it happen.

Any thoughts? Is that even a direction lac should go in if possible?

^^^ Personally, I wouldn’t go the route of trying to be the landing spot for LeBron’s super friends. The way I see it, even if a team signs LeBron and a bunch of his buds, that team still probably isn’t as good as GSW. I’d rather keep the options open until the current GSW core breaks up and go all-in on building a contender then.

But not like I’m going to be mad if we someone land Lebby. (I don’t see it happening though).

Back
Top Bottom