Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

Feels like Futures consistent greatness gets held against him as a lack of creativity or criticism by "Pitchfork" critics.

***** created his own sound (a few times over).....and Done showed a crazy range in sound, content and everything in between.

Does the ***** mail it in sometimes? Of course :lol:.

But the work has been consistently good. It's like LeBron's 27/7/7. You just get used to it. Plus, Super isn't the underdog again....so it's easy to pick him apart.

Trap rap....is the only type of music that gets that "generic" label....because some refuse to see the artistry in it.

Bruh aint no way someone perceiving Future's music the past 18 months as "lazy and weak" but they're feeling Ty $, and I like dude. :lol:

I just can't believe that. :rofl:

Dude opinion isn't sound,

Like I always say, music is subjective.

Just because you can't hear a progression doesn't mean it isn't there, sometimes music sits with you differently because of where you are at as a person.

To call it "generic trap rap" and "Ty Dolla sign attempt" just shows that you lack taste or the ability to properly express your views.

There's nothing generic about FUTURE, it doesn't sound like anybody else or even like his other albums and he definitely doesn't even sound like Ty$ on any music.

Feels like Futures consistent greatness gets held against him as a lack of creativity or criticism by "Pitchfork" critics.

***** created his own sound (a few times over).....and Done showed a crazy range in sound, content and everything in between.

Does the ***** mail it in sometimes? Of course :lol:.

But the work has been consistently good. It's like LeBron's 27/7/7. You just get used to it. Plus, Super isn't the underdog again....so it's easy to pick him apart.

Trap rap....is the only type of music that gets that "generic" label....because some refuse to see the artistry in it.

Thats because most trap rap IS generic. The main dudes like Future, Gucci & Thug stand out for a reason

And repped sonunox34 sonunox34 for a different POV even tho i dont agree with all of it lol

I do think both of these albums were good & if you enjoyed his past best work then imo it matches up pretty well against them projects

He absolutely does not have a crazy range in sound or content. That's Kendrick, that's Kanye. Future is what he is, he makes trap bangers with his trademark voice.

And trap rap's best producers openly admit they can make beats in like 30 minutes. It's entirely a case of quantity over quality and it's just how the genre is. It has its moments, no doubt. I don't hate it. I just think these last two Future albums have been boring and bad, respectively. I loved 56 Nights and DS2, honestly.

To call it "generic trap rap" and "Ty Dolla sign attempt" just shows that you lack taste or the ability to properly express your views.

lmao I lack taste because I think Future needs to try harder :rofl: oh my god

"Generic Trap Rap"

[emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji]

This not for you plain and simple
I mean it is technically generic trap rap.. its upper echelon generic trap rap but future aint doing nothing new at this point 

And repped sonunox34 sonunox34 for a different POV even tho i dont agree with all of it lol

I do think both of these albums were good & if you enjoyed his past best work then imo it matches up pretty well against them projects

Thanks. I knew what I was getting into by looking into the NT Future thread. But I'm also coming from the point of view from a high school teacher who is in grad school at an art college, so I hear teenagers' bad music all day in the hallways and then go and rip apart my classmates (and my own) creative work at night. :nerd: I know that NT threads aren't exactly like grounds for objective analysis, so I can take the heat.

I was excited for these albums to drop, I DLed them immediately & played them loud in my car. Just didn't come away impressed, I guess.

Last edited:
Still haven't finished hndrxx yet i always cut it off and go back to future. Won't say its bad but definitely not my style

Thanks. I knew what I was getting into by looking into the NT Future thread. But I'm also coming from the point of view from a high school teacher who is in grad school at an art college, so I hear teenagers' bad music all day in the hallways and then go and rip apart my classmates (and my own) creative work at night. :nerd:

I was excited for these albums to drop, I DLed them immediately & played them loud in my car. Just didn't come away impressed, I guess.

Yea im a bit confused as to how you didnt tho lol. Maybe you just got tired of his sound but to me these are his best projects hes released since at least Purple Reign. I know i like Future more than PR. I appreciate the attempt at changing up his sound & mood with HNDRXX but he just dont got the voice for some of that singing he was trying to do at times lol. Still liked that jawn more than EVOL, WATTBA & ET

Imma check out some of the artists you listed btw even tho ive listened to most of em before as well lol

He absolutely does not have a crazy range in sound or content. That's Kendrick, that's Kanye. Future is what he is, he makes trap bangers with his trademark voice.

And trap rap's best producers openly admit they can make beats in like 30 minutes. It's entirely a case of quantity over quality and it's just how the genre is. It has its moments, no doubt. I don't hate it. I just think these last two Future albums have been boring and bad, respectively. I loved 56 Nights and DS2, honestly.
lmao I lack taste because I think Future needs to try harder :rofl: oh my god

I gotta respectfully disagree:

"Might as well".....and "Draco" are drastically different sonically and content wise.

As are Feds did a sweep and rent due.

Futures range to me lies with his ability to mix very human emotions....while not being heavy handed. At his best....he's A mix of relate-ability, sadness, aspiration, flexing, vanity, love, self reflection, introspection, crudeness and survivors remorse. This could be all in one verse, bar or over the entire course of an album.

At his worst....he makesempty bangers that you can bob your head to in a social setting.

Thanks. I knew what I was getting into by looking into the NT Future thread. But I'm also coming from the point of view from a high school teacher who is in grad school at an art college, so I hear teenagers' bad music all day in the hallways and then go and rip apart my classmates (and my own) creative work at night. :nerd: I know that NT threads aren't exactly like grounds for objective analysis, so I can take the heat.

You haven't introduced any objective analysis fam.

Don't take yourself too seriously because you took a couple night classes man. :rofl:

If you want to be objective, contrast Ty $ music with Future and articulate why Future's music is lazy or lacking in creativity in comparison.

Last edited:
Lmao. I made that one remark (that you're still hung up on) because Ty is an R&B singer with a good voice who sings about women over catchy instrumentals. Nothing too special, but I liked Free TC.

Future just tried to put out 17 romantic tracks but, unlike Ty, is not good at singing and is not good at writing hooks or really any melody. Plus the downright bad moments of singing about "gushy gushy so soaky" on Damage, and the off-rhythm train-track snare drum on Fresh Air, etc.

Last edited:
Turn on me and Solo aren't romantic tracks.

Dudes are so intent on dismissing the music that they're only listening long enough to form a contrarian opinion they hope to share on NT.

Again, not eem sure why you all entertain this. :lol:

Turn on me and Solo aren't romantic tracks.

Dudes are so intent on dismissing the music that they're only listening long enough to form a contrarian opinion they hope to share on NT.

Again, not eem sure why you all entertain this. :lol:

Dude just confirmed he's not even really listening to the music.

The biggest problem with discussing music opinions isn't that art is inherently subjective, it's that some people don't even know how to actively listen music. :lol:

Last edited:
Everyone in here getting so worked up on dude opinion :lol:. This thread goes into complete shambles when Future gets criticized. Its kinda entertaining to watch tbh

Everyone in here getting so worked up on dude opinion :lol:. This thread goes into complete shambles when Future gets criticized. Its kinda entertaining to watch tbh

That same thing happened to me when I wasn't feeling purple reign. I got crucified in here :lol:

This is not the thread for any future critism, you better love his music or get out :smh:

Last edited:

Why would I look to Future for weirdo Kendrick music?
Chill bruh...

Weirdo Kendrick music >>>>>> everyone
pimp.gif
You cant give me a single hot kendrick lamar bar without using rap genius though

Last edited:
he's A mix of relate-ability, sadness, aspiration, flexing, vanity, love, self reflection, introspection, crudeness and survivors remorse. This could be all in one verse, bar or over the entire course of an album.

Wavy made too much sense with that sentence. Future obviously doesn't have the lyricist ability of a Nas or Biggie, who could use their lyrics to paint vivid pictures. However, he a great job evoking emotions with his words. Maybe homie isn't a real N and can't relate to his music. We all have different experiences in life and Future's lyrics aren't for you my man

Back
Top Bottom