Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

I see you all are comparing this to his previous albums and ranking it that way, but what about other artists? Of the last 5 albums ive bought (Last Kiss, Boss of all Bosses, Theatre of the the Mind, The Recession, and Paper Trail) the only one I'd put Relapse ahead of is the Last Kiss
Blame yourself for purchasing trash albums.

I never understand when ppl do want to compare an album to other artist's albums they do it with the trash ones. The mainstream/veteran rappers aren'tthe only ones dropping albums and more times than not the mainstream album is hollow, pop watered down shh and the vets' albums are them attempting to bemainstream on top of them falling off anyway.

So yea Relapse is probably up there when compared to other albums released but that's not saying much given what you compare it to and when it comes downto it compared to Em's catalog Relapse is nowhere near his best work.

Originally Posted by boricuachulo321

If you liked SSLP you have to like this....

Well obviously you dont have to, but I dont see how you can ignore the similarities between the two albums. This is basically the same album, except that he is a better MC because he has mastered his craft since then.
I agree. It is the same thing, but on juice when it comes to production and lyrics. I knew I would catch flack for that, but the album got sohyped to me before I heard it that I expected so much more....Kinda like people in here that held out for Relapse...But you can't deny Relapse.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

I see you all are comparing this to his previous albums and ranking it that way, but what about other artists? Of the last 5 albums ive bought (Last Kiss, Boss of all Bosses, Theatre of the the Mind, The Recession, and Paper Trail) the only one I'd put Relapse ahead of is the Last Kiss
(Last Kiss
laugh.gif

Boss of all Bosses
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Theatre of the the Mind
roll.gif

The Recession, and Paper Trail
ohwell.gif
....ehh ... ........ NAH!

^ hes vacated...been ghost...said bye bye....left, this thread since that debauchery of a statement....maybe the worst ive ever seen here on nt, and there havebeen some bad ones.

Anyway, this album has went from really good to great for me in this past week....his last verse on stay wide awake is stunning, his rhyming pattern on that isnuts.

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

^ hes vacated...been ghost...said bye bye....left, this thread since that debauchery of a statement....maybe the worst ive ever seen here on nt, and there have been some bad ones.

Anyway, this album has went from really good to great for me in this past week....his last verse on stay wide awake is stunning, his rhyming pattern on that is nuts.

Yeah Stay Wide Awake is probably my favorite.....I think it definitely has the best beat on the album

Originally Posted by uknowdonti

Originally Posted by M16

Why are you mad ? Eminem is not even top 10 white rappers.
I'm not sure if you have done so already, but could you post your top ten white rappers?

1. Vinnie Paz
2. Esoteric
3. Apathy
4. R.A The Rugged Man
5. Brother Ali
6. Virtuoso
7. Sabac Red
8. Goretex
9. Sage Francis
10. El-P
11. Necro/Goretex

You can make the argument "influence wise" that Em is better... too bad almost all his influence was negative and he helped kill rap. Skill-wise andjust judging on who the better rappers are... all of the above are much better. Eminem couldn't hold a candle to some of these dudes.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

I'm not sure if you have done so already, but could you post your top ten white rappers?

1. Vinnie Paz
2. Esoteric
3. Apathy
4. R.A The Rugged Man
5. Brother Ali
6. Virtuoso
7. Sabac Red
8. Goretex
9. Sage Francis
10. El-P
11. Necro/Goretex

You can make the argument "influence wise" that Em is better... too bad almost all his influence was negative and he helped kill rap. Skill-wise and just judging on who the better rappers are... all of the above are much better. Eminem couldn't hold a candle to some of these dudes.

Damn

Nobody knows who any of those people are
roll.gif

If you don't like Em... stay out of the thread... enough already

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

1. Vinnie Paz
2. Esoteric
3. Apathy
4. R.A The Rugged Man
5. Brother Ali
6. Virtuoso
7. Sabac Red
8. Goretex
9. Sage Francis
10. El-P
11. Necro/Goretex

You can make the argument "influence wise" that Em is better... too bad almost all his influence was negative and he helped kill rap. Skill-wise and just judging on who the better rappers are... all of the above are much better. Eminem couldn't hold a candle to some of these dudes.

I can honestly say that I've never seen or heard of any of those names before. Not only in Hip-Hop, but in life in general.
laugh.gif

hmm, so there are a few songs that i like......its100X better than Encore, but no where near SSLP, MMLP, or Eminem Show though.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

1. Vinnie Paz
2. Esoteric
3. Apathy
4. R.A The Rugged Man
5. Brother Ali
6. Virtuoso
7. Sabac Red
8. Goretex
9. Sage Francis
10. El-P
11. Necro/Goretex

laugh.gif

arigtfo.gif

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

1. Vinnie Paz
2. Esoteric
3. Apathy
4. R.A The Rugged Man
5. Brother Ali
6. Virtuoso
7. Sabac Red
8. Goretex
9. Sage Francis
10. El-P
11. Necro/Goretex

I can honestly say that I've never seen or heard of any of those names before. Not only in Hip-Hop, but in life in general.
laugh.gif
You know why? Cus nobody listens to that %@%@. Seriously, when was the last time any of those fools made a record that appealed to more then 50people?

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

1. Vinnie Paz
2. Esoteric
3. Apathy
4. R.A The Rugged Man
5. Brother Ali
6. Virtuoso
7. Sabac Red
8. Goretex
9. Sage Francis
10. El-P
11. Necro/Goretex

laugh.gif
You know why? Cus nobody listens to that %@%@. Seriously, when was the last time any of those fools made a record that appealed to more then 50 people?

On their behalf let me apologize for them not making radio friendly teeny bopper trash that most Em fans seem to thirst for.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

1. Vinnie Paz
2. Esoteric
3. Apathy
4. R.A The Rugged Man
5. Brother Ali
6. Virtuoso
7. Sabac Red
8. Goretex
9. Sage Francis
10. El-P
11. Necro/Goretex

laugh.gif
You know why? Cus nobody listens to that %@%@. Seriously, when was the last time any of those fools made a record that appealed to more then 50 people?

On their behalf let me apologize for them not making good music.

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom