Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

eek.gif
@ having SSLP last

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

This album sucked. I havnt been this disappointed since I heard X's last album. Only hot tracks were beautiful, crack a bottle, and steve berman

can't respect that cause Crack A Bottle is probably the worst song on the album besides We Made You.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

This album sucked. I havnt been this disappointed since I heard X's last album. Only hot tracks were beautiful, crack a bottle, and steve berman

tell us why u think it sucked tho... i just wanna kno... 99% chance its the subject matter...

Pretty much all the songs songs are about the same thing. Plus he does it in that annoying voice. I liked underground at the end because he was going serious.If he would rapped like that the whole album that would have greatly improved it

If you liked SSLP you have to like this....

Well obviously you dont have to, but I dont see how you can ignore the similarities between the two albums. This is basically the same album, except that he isa better MC because he has mastered his craft since then.

i love eminem's wordplay on this album. its the stuff i was waitin for since encore was such a disappointment.

it's not his best album, but it's still amazing. it's hard to rank albums when all of them are so great.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

realtalk Im begining to think 98% of ya who hate Em are just secretly eating themselves inside because a white guy has pierced his way so far in a music genre dominated by african americans

sad

I *$#! with plenty of better white rappers so no, it's probably true for maybe 5%

Shut the ##!% up already. Aint no white rapper better than Em. Few rappers period are better than Em.

Cragmatic you right. This album is definitely going over people's heads.

Why are you mad ? Eminem is not even top 10 white rappers.
Wow...just, wow. Your sig says you have a PhD in Hip-Hop, but with that statement, I gotta question your credibility.....you can hate on Em allyou want, but PLEASE do us a favor and list 10 WHITE MC's who are better....

I gave the Relapse album a listen this morning. I guess the word to describe what I thought after listening was, "interesting." You can see all thethemes of his battle w. drugs and what not. Obviously that was the underlying vibe of the whole LP. I think what I was most disappointed in was the beatselection by Dr. Dre. I never once had that
eek.gif
feeling after hearing one of his beats kick in. It sounded like a half-++% effort on his part. Dre is alegend, but he could have done better. All in all, I would give the album 3.5/5....now, I may be going out on a limb, but the "Beautiful" track isflat out amazing. IMO, it's one of the best tracks that he has done. Can't stop listening to it....

It really makes me feel like people have no idea what they're talking about and are just hating to fit in when they diss Eminem's production skillsthen turn around and talk about how "Til I Collapse" and "Lose Yourself" are their favorite Eminem songs, and "The Eminem Show"is their favorite Eminem album. He produced "Til I Collapse" and "Lose Yourself," and he produced all but three songs on "The EminemShow" which were "Business," "Say What You Say," and "My Dad's Gone Crazy"--not exactly the most important tracks on therecord. Kanye respects Eminem's production and even tried to get his drums off of him, calling his drum choices "hip-hop." So we're talkingabout a song that won an Academy Award and is ranked on VH1, the Rolling Stones, and other legit 'greatest songs of all time' lists, and an album thatsold 9.7 million in the US and over 20 million worldwide that's both Eminem lyrics and production. He's a good producer. Jay-Z put two songs producedby Eminem on his albums and only one featured Eminem, and Nas put one song produced by Eminem on one of his albums. That's much better than 95% ofproducers on the planet can say.

^^
always wished Em would've featured on Moment of Clarity instead of Renegade but oh well
ohwell.gif

still was a classic collab
pimp.gif

I see you all are comparing this to his previous albums and ranking it that way, but what about other artists? Of the last 5 albums ive bought (Last Kiss, Bossof all Bosses, Theatre of the the Mind, The Recession, and Paper Trail) the only one I'd put Relapse ahead of is the Last Kiss

Back
Top Bottom