Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

because a white guy has pierced his way so far in a music genre dominated by african americans

How exactly has he pierced his way into a music genre dominated by african americans when hardly any african americans or at least the majority listen toEminem?? His fanbase is largly white and made up of indviduals who aren't real hip hop fans to begin with. We all know Em is highly skilled so nobody istaking that away from him but his music/subject matter is what turns alot of people off from him, or at least "african americans" as you say.

so the theme relapse is "corny" as compared to what? i hope not to something like american gangster lol ... i dont understand how em can do an albumthat is so personal and its just brushed off as a gimmick ... in fact, save for the poppy album sales songs, em might be the realest rapper there ever was nextto scarface ... just because hes white and does drugs as opposed to being black and acting like he sells coke, doesnt mean he any less real ... just becausewhen hes on drugs or when he was trying to get off drugs he thinks of demented !%+*, doesnt mean he isnt "real" ... at least he doesnt go into thestudio and think of a new way to say "i sell coke" or "i have a phantom" ...

He has more skills than anyone, but he doesn't show it. He is a waste of skills.

I didn't listen to album's #4 or #5 and still haven't. I got tired of all the family, rape, incest stuff after album #2. Gave #3 a try and wasdone. Skipped his next 2 albums and gave this album a try. Figured maybe, just maybe, he switched it up.....What happens? I get to song 3 - My mom....Come onman.....Next song, his step dad raped him...Still talking about Reeves? Really?

His flow on these songs are outrageous, but nobody wants to hear about Mariah Carey. If he wants to beef with someone, why don't he step up to someone thatactually raps?

It's OLD. Only people that should think this album is a CLASSIC are 14 year olds.

I only like 5-6 songs off this album. 2.5/5

Blackout 2 > Relapse x2

people still listen to Eminem
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

em might be the realest rapper there ever was

Yo, you might see me joggin, you might see me walkin
You might see me walkin a dead rottweiler dog
with it's head chopped off in the park with a spiked collar
hollerin at him cause the son of a %%$$% won't quit barkin

No doubt about it Marley, that some of the realeast rap ever
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

so the theme relapse is "corny" as compared to what? i hope not to something like american gangster lol ... i dont understand how em can do an album that is so personal and its just brushed off as a gimmick ... in fact, save for the poppy album sales songs, em might be the realest rapper there ever was next to scarface ... just because hes white and does drugs as opposed to being black and acting like he sells coke, doesnt mean he any less real ... just because when hes on drugs or when he was trying to get off drugs he thinks of demented !%+*, doesnt mean he isnt "real" ... at least he doesnt go into the studio and think of a new way to say "i sell coke" or "i have a phantom" ...
AG was super lame especially the attempt to pass it off as a concept album
laugh.gif
How about you stop trying to compare it to other corny shhh? It's corny onit's face alone. I agree with Paul, everybody in the industry had/has a drug problem, been to rehab and relapsed. You call this personal and although itmight be it is generic as +%+# in this day and age.
laugh.gif
@ putting Em nextto Scarface in terms of being the realest ever, seems you thrive off those statements. That shhh is neither here nor there, stop with the irrelevant and falsetangents.

You also need to get off the ignorant assuming as if I value and relate to the black rappers who rap about shhh they don't sell. I'm not coming in thisthread as some huge Ross fan or Ol Man Jigga stan and looking at Em's raps as some shock to the norm, both topics whether actually true or not have theirplace but when either are overdone it is lame and that'll never change.
In the sense of people like you don't understand that the album still consists of definite talented lyricism despite the odd things he's talking about.
Show me where I haven't praised the lyrical display and talent of this album? PPL like me think that's the only good thing about thealbum; that he still hasn't lost a step flow, delivery, rhyme scheme, cadence wise. So explain what part is going over ppl's heads? The way I look atthis album is your either overlooking the content for the display of talent or you can't do that and deem it as whack or not worth ya time. There'snothing about this album that can go over ya head, the talent display is obvious, for you to have that go over ya head you'd have to not listne to thealbum and form ya opinion off of reading the lyrics on paper and hearing the instrumentals.

Like I said all this dude did was take it back to his 1st 2 albums content wise and it's nowhere as good, the shh is old, lame and corny at this point.Don't got nothing to do with being real, black or white, or some comparison to other stale topics like slanging rocks.

It's not That Bad Actually But I Dissapointed In Em He Can do so much better he has the talent and skill but chooses not too use it all which is horrible.Please Make Relapse 2 Better than this seriosuly.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Album is still better than 95% of Rap albums coming out today...
Blame yourself for only checking for the known already established/mainstream rappers and/or not having a wider scope of albums that get released,especially in a time when mainstream and most of these established rappers are trash or have been out their prime.

Why do ppl continually feel the need to compare shhh to trash? and use that to pump up a decent/solid/good album to some great/classic status? Everybody actlike they were so appreciative of the 90s and all the great albums dropping then and got a full understanding of how bad rap is now.

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

It's not That Bad Actually But I Dissapointed In Em He Can do so much better he has the talent and skill but chooses not too use it all which is horrible. Please Make Relapse 2 Better than this seriosuly.
Em already said he doesn't give a !%!@ about what no one says. He's going to stick to his 'underground' %#!+.

I honestly believe it's because of proof. He's going to dedicate the rest of his career to him, so expect off-the-wall type %#!+ from here on out.

Content is only in the eye of the beholder.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

realtalk Im begining to think 98% of ya who hate Em are just secretly eating themselves inside because a white guy has pierced his way so far in a music genre dominated by african americans

sad

I *$#! with plenty of better white rappers so no, it's probably true for maybe 5%

Shut the ##!% up already. Aint no white rapper better than Em. Few rappers period are better than Em.

Cragmatic you right. This album is definitely going over people's heads.

Why are you mad ? Eminem is not even top 10 white rappers.

Originally Posted by M16

Why must you always boast about how many unknown rappers you listen to? Its all opinion based, but most people agree that Em is the best whiterapper. So stop trying to tell us Vinnie Paz and Esoteric could mangle Em. Maybe they could lol but nobody would ever hear it.
roll.gif

i listened to vinnie again last night because i was zoned out ... dude is trash forreal ... he raps about just the same off the wall @%%% as em but in adifferent realm LOL ... his voice is garbage and he is nowhere near the technical rapper em is ... !$+!@ cant even breathe right he needs them nasal strips ...

i listened to vinnie again last night because i was zoned out ... dude is trash forreal ... he raps about just the same off the wall @%%% as em but in a different realm LOL ... his voice is garbage and he is nowhere near the technical rapper em is ... !$+!@ cant even breathe right he needs them nasal strips ...

11brj92.jpg

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

realtalk Im begining to think 98% of ya who hate Em are just secretly eating themselves inside because a white guy has pierced his way so far in a music genre dominated by african americans

sad

I *$#! with plenty of better white rappers so no, it's probably true for maybe 5%

Shut the ##!% up already. Aint no white rapper better than Em. Few rappers period are better than Em.

Cragmatic you right. This album is definitely going over people's heads.

This is probably one of the most blasphemous statements ive ever read....just say you dont like em....cuz theres not 10 rappers period better than dude....nuffsaid.

Ive tried to listen to the album from different peoples points on why they dont like it,,,, just cant see it. This album is great. Every song is good, onlyskip we made you. That tonya skit then goes into same song and dance is unreal....his flow is unprecedented in the whole album.

M16 wrote:
LilStarZ07 wrote:
i listened to vinnie again last night because i was zoned out ... dude is trash forreal ... he raps about just the same off the wall @%%% as em but in a different realm LOL ... his voice is garbage and he is nowhere near the technical rapper em is ... !$+!@ cant even breathe right he needs them nasal strips ...

11brj92.jpg

first of all that Charles Hamilton @%!@ is hilarious
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
another L for this lame....
smh.gif

back to the matter at hand though....don't waste your time going back and forth with my man MEB...he's hell-bent on the fact Vinnie>Em...

IMO...which is mine only
laugh.gif
Em is damn sure better than anyone he canlist of Caucasian ethnicity...so to go back and forth is wasting your time...trust this man won't budge when it comes to Vinnie aka...Mr. third world, bluestars, purple moons, acid rap
laugh.gif

When it comes to rap in general Em is one of the most thorough period....regardless of race, creed, gender, whatever this #**@$ is a monster....but I do agreeif Relapse 2 is the same type of @%!@ I would be a little bored with it...the man still got everything he had but he needs to change the subject matter forreal....if Relapse 2 is gonna have the Underground feel to it I don't think anyone is gonna be able to knock what could possibly be Em's last album

lol i can dig it ... yeah im hoping relapse 2 has the underground feel too ... just for the simple fact that the only thing people can say about em is he makessongs like we made you ... let him put out 10 underground type tracks people will be butt hurt lol

lol i can dig it ... yeah im hoping relapse 2 has the underground feel too ... just for the simple fact that the only thing people can say about em is he makes songs like we made you ... let him put out 10 underground type tracks people will be butt hurt lol
absolutely
pimp.gif
....honestly from the way he talking it'slike he really don't give a #*%% what people want to hear he's gonna do what he wants and his records are gonna fly out the store regardless....so forthe fans who wanna hear him on this Underground type %+%+..look forward to it....I hope for Relapse 2 he don't have a We Made You or Smack That....just rawlyrics...maybe see him work with other producers besides Dre...I can only imagine hearing Em spit on a Kanye beat...I know they got the D-12 World joint but Emdon't even spit on it...how would Em sound on a Ye beat? or throw some more Alchemist production on the album %+%+ he's your personal DJ..I'm surewe can get some beats made here!!
grin.gif

I just want to see a different formula for Relapse 2...not the corny pop single and then an album full of Dre production...not saying it's bad but I wouldlike to hear different %+%+ from Em

Back
Top Bottom