Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

ya'll sound like some straight girls. its just music. if you enjoy it, you enjoy it. if you dont, you dont. either way you are equally as right. everyoneis entitled to their own opinion. relax.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

first of all this album is not really a concept album, david bowie and The Who made concept albums, look into those. just because every song mentions pills doesn't make it a concept album. there's an overall message to this album, but every song does not relate to one another like they would on a concept album.

as far as eminem rapping about social issues and other topics...why should he? The number one thing he has going for him is his technical rhyming and wordplay. The guy chooses to base his music on crazy rhymes about whatever the hell the first thing is he thinks of. You can tell since his freestyles are so similar to his songs.

Eminem should be appreciated for the fact he can make dope !*@ rap songs, dont try to make him out to be the role model he isn't.

i KNOW its not really a concept album... but i just say that since lilstar is so stuck on that fact...

laugh.gif
@ "he can make dope @@+ rap songs"... random raps about nothing sounds like lil wayne to me... im not sayin be a role model but he dont have to rap about random nonsense... the @#+! is just stupid... i make music... i dont wanna b remembered for how good i rapped but for the music i put out... aint nobody gone look back at his music in 20 years and b like "this is amazing"... they just wont... i need music with feeling, substance, and emotion... eminem dont rap about nothing real so all of those are lacking...
Once again, What position are you in to tell one of the highest selling rap artists what to make music about?
Eminem will be a legend for the music he made, whether you agree or not. Nobodies ever done what he has, and never will. you don't make it to that level " rapping bout nothing real". What's real? Rap in general is not real. It's all relative

Come on, It's tomorrow. 2mill or BUST !!!

yall are hopeless... u and lilstar should elope... then kill yallselves as a sacrifice for the god yall worship who is eminem...

The difference between me and lilstar, I have ties with the shady camp. I know Paul, Em, Neil, Dart, Alan, etc. It's a little more realisticfor me. I just have immense respect for eminem as an artist and what he has managed to create.

first of all this album is not really a concept album, david bowie and The Who made concept albums, look into those. just because every song mentions pills doesn't make it a concept album. there's an overall message to this album, but every song does not relate to one another like they would on a concept album.

as far as eminem rapping about social issues and other topics...why should he? The number one thing he has going for him is his technical rhyming and wordplay. The guy chooses to base his music on crazy rhymes about whatever the hell the first thing is he thinks of. You can tell since his freestyles are so similar to his songs.

Eminem should be appreciated for the fact he can make dope !*@ rap songs, dont try to make him out to be the role model he isn't.

i KNOW its not really a concept album... but i just say that since lilstar is so stuck on that fact...

laugh.gif
@ "he can make dope @@+ rap songs"... random raps about nothing sounds like lil wayne to me... im not sayin be a role model but he dont have to rap about random nonsense... the @#+! is just stupid... i make music... i dont wanna b remembered for how good i rapped but for the music i put out... aint nobody gone look back at his music in 20 years and b like "this is amazing"... they just wont... i need music with feeling, substance, and emotion... eminem dont rap about nothing real so all of those are lacking...
Once again, What position are you in to tell one of the highest selling rap artists what to make music about?
Eminem will be a legend for the music he made, whether you agree or not. Nobodies ever done what he has, and never will. you don't make it to that level " rapping bout nothing real". What's real? Rap in general is not real. It's all relative

Come on, It's tomorrow. 2mill or BUST !!!
yall are hopeless... u and lilstar should elope... then kill yallselves as a sacrifice for the god yall worship who is eminem...

The difference between me and lilstar, I have ties with the shady camp. I know Paul, Em, Neil, Dart, Alan, etc. It's a little more realistic for me. I just have immense respect for eminem as an artist and what he has managed to create.

You actually may be worst. the fact theat you know em and still sucking him like that
sick.gif

laugh.gif
I mean I'm with you in that I always look for a little substance in my music, and I'm a fan of a WIDE variety of music genres trustme...but if you can't appreciate Eminem's music for what it is, as a fan of hip hop, then I personally think you are trying to hard to find thenegatives. I think as a rapper who is known for his spitting ability for lack of better term, he has to be considered one of the best. He definitely makes doperap songs, in that there are plenty of times where I wanna hear a dope rapper spit and I put on Eminem.

One of my main things about what makes good music good is that you can remember the tune, you can put that song on again and again and enjoy what you'relistening to. As a fan of hip hop, there are plenty of songs where I can rock with them over and over no matter how stupid or ignorant or annoying the subjectmatter might be. As long as I can rock with it, I consider it good music. Eminem slides into that category of music where I don't even care whats beingsaid its just dope to listen to. Obviously he cant paint pictures like Nas or talk the talk that Jay-Z can, but for what he is and what he does, he's oneof the best.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

so are you one of those that want him to rap about guns and how much cocaine he sold and brag about $@#*%$@?
For real... I can only listen to so much cocaine rap... the newest Ross got old in 2 days
That's because you relate to Em more than you do to Ross...and I'm FAR from a Ross fan.
laugh.gif

I sort of get what you're sayin', but let's not act like Em's subject matter is above everyone else's...son talks about %%%# 99% of hisfans ain't ever done nor will do.

the way i am > your entire feel good music youll ever put out ... and thats not being disrespectful just pointing out that em has plenty of "feeling and substance and emotion" ...
groupie **%$ once again... u basically feel like no rapper can ever b better than em right?

ima groupie because i feel you arent better than eminem as a rapper ... ... ... you got it young ill fall back on this one ...
roll.gif
i just dont understand why people can jay is their favorite and nas is theirfavorite and no one can do bette rthan them, but when i say em is my favorite im all types of stans and groupies lol ...

how many songs have u heard from me?

people say nobody in the game now can do it better than them... u on that old black man jordan $@@!... like nobody will EVER b better than him...
im not gonna continue to debate whether you are better than eminem, lets just say you bumped your head and leave it at that ... and as for thelast comment, im not old and there will never be an official best rapper ever list ... why cant em be my favorite rapper and to me no one is better than him inthe game right now, and just leave it at that?

ive never argued with anyone over them not liking his subject matter, i simply try to point out why he raps about what he raps about ... drug use and wacky$### is to eminem what cocaine and cars are to 98% of the rest of the rap industry ... why cant we just leave it at that?

the only thing we can definitively argue about is rap ability in a technical sense and technically speaking, em is better than anyone out right now ... ifthere is someone better please point me in that direction ...

Sounds insane but if it happened I wouldn't be surprised. Relapse is gonna do numbers.
So you're telling me there's a legitimate chance he puts up first week #s similar to what he did with MMLP?

Sorry, I don't see it, at all.

if hannah montana cant sell 1.4 mil in the first week Eminem definitely cannot.

you have to understand most of her fans have to wait for their mother to go to target with them to buy it ... em has a million fans on stand by waiting ...

we get live, em wasnt out of the game for 4 years when mmlp dropped either ... i think the hiatus coupled with the fact the cd is no encore will balance outthe downloads ... we will see

if hannah montana cant sell 1.4 mil in the first week Eminem definitely cannot.

you have to understand most of her fans have to wait for their mother to go to target with them to buy it ... em has a million fans on stand by waiting ...

we get live, em wasnt out of the game for 4 years when mmlp dropped either ... i think the hiatus coupled with the fact the cd is no encore will balance out the downloads ... we will see
that just doesn't make sense about their moms, little girls get that new hannah montana the minute she comes out, shes one of the highestgrossing artists in the music industry right now.

I'm with time on this one, you are ODing with your views on the guy. You can like him more than everyone and feel that you know more about him than anyone,but everyone gets it by now dude.

Ridiculous, people actually believe that this album, in this day and age with the music industry, is going tocome anywhere near close to what he did with the fastest selling rap album ever.

I like Em, and I think the album is alright, but let's be serious.

how many songs have u heard from me?

people say nobody in the game now can do it better than them... u on that old black man jordan $@@!... like nobody will EVER b better than him...
im not gonna continue to debate whether you are better than eminem, lets just say you bumped your head and leave it at that ... and as for the last comment, im not old and there will never be an official best rapper ever list ... why cant em be my favorite rapper and to me no one is better than him in the game right now, and just leave it at that?

ive never argued with anyone over them not liking his subject matter, i simply try to point out why he raps about what he raps about ... drug use and wacky $### is to eminem what cocaine and cars are to 98% of the rest of the rap industry ... why cant we just leave it at that?

the only thing we can definitively argue about is rap ability in a technical sense and technically speaking, em is better than anyone out right now ... if there is someone better please point me in that direction ...
lol u are beyond a stan... if u never listened to somebody's music how can u say who is/isnt better?

and u didnt say he was the best in the game now...u talkin like he gone b the best forever...

he is the most talented rapper ever... i been gave him that... he just wastes his talent on dumb $%@ songs...
He's talked about his childhood, his parents, his siblings. He's talked about beef, he's talked about his kids, his wife, he'stalked about his friend relationships. He's talked about politics, he's talked about bad parenting, he's talked about hard work. I could go onforever with "real topics" that's he's made music about.

So please tell me, what would YOU like him to talk abotu that he hasn't already touched on?

lol u are beyond a stan... if u never listened to somebody's music how can u say who is/isnt better?

and u didnt say he was the best in the game now...u talkin like he gone b the best forever...

he is the most talented rapper ever... i been gave him that... he just wastes his talent on dumb $%@ songs...
he is the best ever to me ... at rapping ... no one is touching him in every technical aspect of rap as a whole ...

where we disagree is you take away his ability because he "wastes his talent on dumb %%+ songs" ... finally something we can argue about that makessense lol ... im telling you that i can put together as many good songs from eminem as biggie put out ... i dont let the fact that he sells records with stupid%%+ songs take away from his ability ...

hes not gonna be remembered by you because of %%+ like that, but the million teenagers who were 14 when %%+ like that came out will always be like"remember freshman year in high school when %%+ like that dropped" ... good or bad, they will still remember that ... people who actually know aboutvarious artists and respect the art of rap are few and far between ... theres probably 20 people in the world arguing the same subject we are, while millionsare listening to we made you lol ...

I was gonna say Relapse is not a concept album but an album with a theme. Before I heard it and just knew the title I figured he'd be on his same old shhh,wished he was relapsing to Infinite.

I'm just hoping relapse 2 is way better content wise and beat wise, not that the beats weren't good on this but I'm looking for a different soundfrom Em the 2nd time around. I hope he reaches out to dudes like Alchemist and Mr. Porter and atleast other D-town dudes.

The criticism for Em about his content the past few pages is the same shhh I use to apply to Ol Man Jigga but it's obvious he is scared or not capable ofdoing that. I'm beginning to think the same of Slim, hope he proves me wrong.

the only thing we can definitively argue about is rap ability in a technical sense and technically speaking, em is better than anyone out right now ... if there is someone better please point me in that direction ...

When you say "a technical sense" what exactly are you talking about?? You make it seem like the rest of the rappers out here went to some hip hopacademy where they learned how to create and write their rhymes while Eminem did not, or something along those lines? Like he's some child prodigy thatnever went to school or something.

I would love for Em to rap about social issues as much as the next man. But I'm content with him doing him.

It's his music. He made a name with the zany rap. People loved him then, why not now?

And I was sure he was going to do a milli first week but a lot of people just aren't feeling the album, pre-release.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

I would love for Em to rap about social issues as much as the next man. But I'm content with him doing him.

It's his music. He made a name with the zany rap. People loved him then, why not now?

And I was sure he was going to do a milli first week but a lot of people just aren't feeling the album, pre-release.
because we got older... i was in 7th grade when SSLP dropped... im 24 years old now... i dont wanna hear goofy @$* rap... i cant listen to luda either for the same reason... just too silly...
You fail to realize that you belong to a minority of rap listeners who listen for social commentary/intelligence in rap.

Don't mind IHateTime....When he is faced with a real question he just ignores it because he is just a " good ol days backpack rapper" who'sjust aimlessly hating.

For someone who doesn't like Eminem very much sure spends a lot of time in a thread dedicated to his album release. For whatever the reason may be.

Willing to bet his play count in iTunes of the album is higher than most in here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Originally Posted by eye see soles

because we got older... i was in 7th grade when SSLP dropped... im 24 years old now... i dont wanna hear goofy @$* rap... i cant listen to luda either for the same reason... just too silly...
You fail to realize that you belong to a minority of rap listeners who listen for social commentary/intelligence in rap.
it aint that... i dont listen to common and +*+! all day... i listen to gucci and everybody... i just dont wanna hear about serial killer and rape... and corny !*! drug references... btw must b the ganja is one of the worst weed songs i ever heard in my life...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom