Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

Originally Posted by nyk buc

i read somewhere that relapse has already over 1 million pre-order sales
laugh.gif
eek.gif
w/ the singles not doing too well. hopefully "beautiful" will really hammer it the week coming into the release

Source or DUCKTALES!!!

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

The thing with Em and relating is, you don't (well, most young black males don't) aspire to be like that...at all. So while I can't relate to flying on a G5, I want to. While my closet doesn't have 2 stories, I'd like it to. It gives me something to shoot for. And if I never moved bricks, I sold dimes and/or know somebody who did. Growing up, _'s wanted to be like the drug dealers. We like them before they started rapping. We've been around the sirens and gunshots. The $*%$ Em says is lame to black people. We love our mothers, we don't really mess with scripts like that, we don't joke about being the victims of gay rape, our relationship issues are different and we don't really care about these celebs like that. That's white people $*%$ to us.

And Em can rap better than pretty much everybody I listen to. I can appreciate that...I really can. It's just not something you'll see at the top of my iTunes play count. I'll forget about this album in like a month. Beautiful and De Ja Vu are amazing by the way.

Then you have a Joe Budden who, arguably, has similar content...but it's more from a black perspective. His addictions, relationship issues and inner turmoil is just easier to relate to.

Of course these are huge generalizations so there's no need to point that out.

i can dig it ... i have 0 problem with all of that ... but inherent in that post up there is you all recognizing that em has superior talent ... the problem ihave is when people say "relapse is garbage" or "em has lost it" when he clearly hasnt ... if you dont rock with something you dont rockwith something ... BUT ... to say something like the carter 3 is better than relapse is ridiculous ...

i can appreciate all types of rap because of where im from ... i can relate to both sides of the spectrum ... so to me, eminem being superior technically, isbeing superior, period ...

Originally Posted by petozham

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by petozham

Originally Posted by M16

Em was lucky enough to not have his beef with Canibus escalate, that would have ended him right there. He knows his role, a few shots at celebrities that 13 year olds will find funny, rinse, repeat, profit. In a real beef though ?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this dude would get done worse than LL Cool J.

Damn, every time I read your posts it's the most absurd, moronic posts ever
roll.gif

Got it worse than LL? LL had like 14 more albums since the Canibus situation, is Canibus still doing rap? I wouldn't be surprised if he was a pastor now or working at a carnival or something...

"Look over your shoulder N, that's where you're headed"
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Nothing better than lines that come true(as if that was hard to foresee).

You know why the Em VS Canibus thing never popped off? Cause no one cares for Canibus, everyone just heard Em's diss and called it a day.
%%+ does a rap battle have to do with album sales? talkin about "letting Em outsell them"
laugh.gif
Too many of yall naive dudes got that Curtis vs. Ja Rule mentality when it comes to a rap beef/battle. LL "lost" to Canibus and yet he will still sell more than him any day of the week.
Naive...LOL. Yeah like no name battles and who had the better metaphors in them are so much more important than one's well being and livelihood from MC beefs...Are we really arguing Em can't battle though? Seriously?
LL "lost" to Canibus and yet he will still sell more than him any day of the week.
Exactly why LL won...Canibus' career highlight was something that was so petty to LL.

How ignorant can one person be ? You don't even know what Canibus is doing now (making 10x better music than Em) and still wanna post to make yourself look like a ******. Em's battle skills are about average, he would get ripped to shreds by the above average underground MC, let alone Canibus, that would just be a massacre. Should Em ever have enough courage to go at any of these dudes it would be over. I think Paz can dead him in 2-4 bars.
How can one person be so much in denial? There's a reason why I or anyone else dont know what Canibus is doing, cause I, we, and no one cares...Besides last I checked, he was in the army dropping whackass, typical, regurgitated, boring, philosophical, I'm so insane, I'm so sick, I'm the illest, but I can't seem to get a deal or drop an album to save my *$! freestyles on youtube...Save that +!%# for the suicidal, conspiracy theory indulging, elitist, clueless, emo rap fans, such as a certain NTer you might be QUITE familiar with...To make it more clear, his SN starts with M and ends with 16, but of course you figured it since your +*#! gets hard on double meanings and metaphors and similies and words made to sound more complicated than they actually are to intrigue and fool fans to thinking they have skills because they're so senseless babble rap hungry. Their fans are just like them, mad at the world, but of course because you only listen to what you could relate to, right?

...And they had a little battle, why didn't he rip Em to shreds? If he's so powerful and his rhymes are that great, why wouldn't he come out with something nasty on some ether like that so dudes would check for him? I mean Em did respond to his attention cries. Plus people would want to hear the record cause Em's name's on it...Em came up on the rap olympics and wake up shows and all that underground +!%#, he paid his dues, he murdered it, got Dre's attention, and established himself and put a mark on music, which is about 50 million times more than what your favorite underachievingass rappers have done.

YOU think Paz would kill him in 2-4 bars? Lol....You also think Paz could part the red sea and end the swine flu and fix our economy with one touch of a mic if he chose to, but he doesn't because his excellence is too overwhelming for us and would cause further chaos and plus he likes the world the way it is because it's his outlet for his amazing creativity...Those bars could be;

"Science, science, microscopes, white blood cells, torture chamber, rays of death, mic of fury
Yo this is the great Paz, I spin around with deadly force like Taz,
Believe me, I'm beastly, it's easy to drop your bugs bunny *$! on the pavement
Then I will stand above you as a victor, while M16 drool's and bow's in amazement"
All while not staying on flow with the beat and you'll still do your usual "That>>>>>>Illmatic" and go ape**** over it..Keep living on your woulda, coulda's and ignore reality.

Your act is cute, but chill kid, save the bandwidth and don't respond...Leave that for Aesop Rock's or good ol Vinnie's webpage forum...IF they have one...If not, who knows? with enough word of mouth, maybe we could do a fundraiser for them and start their official site for them. Maybe you could do the grand opening and cut the big red bow with a scissor, or maybe you could blast it in half with your m16, or better yet we could use Vinnie Paz's lyrical dagger to cut it in half.

Why are you mad ? I only read the first sentence, so you wasted your time typing up that manifesto. Canibus or Paz, or any of the weed holders on AOTP can deadEm in their sleep.

He has an iPhone game coming out, the "counting to relapse" on iTunes, the Kimmel appearances, Shade 45 3-hour "Prelapse" promo, andhe's going to be on Family Guy.

Dude will push at least a mil the first week.

Not to mention peeps been twittering about how great the album is, and how bad it is. There's no such thing as bad promo.

And the leak only helps, which I think he leaked himself.

how vicious would it be if he leaked the first part of relapse and hes been holding on to the second disc?

Everyone seems to hate on the first few cuts, but they have a purpose. They're laying down who shady is and why is that way.

Album is knocking on TES/MMLP's door.

And I think "We Made You" is one of the more darker songs on the album.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

He has an iPhone game coming out, the "counting to relapse" on iTunes, the Kimmel appearances, Shade 45 3-hour "Prelapse" promo, and he's going to be on Family Guy.

Dude will push at least a mil the first week.

Not to mention peeps been twittering about how great the album is, and how bad it is. There's no such thing as bad promo.

And the leak only helps, which I think he leaked himself.

I don't agree w/ the #'s but the more we talk about it, we can like it or not but it's going to make others go check it out

Originally Posted by wanksta23

cant stop listening to his CD...def going to buy it
I can't stop listening to it either. I want to stop, so that I don't "overplay" it, but I'm really feelin' it.

Hm, interesting. Care to explain your view on that? I'm trying to piece it together, but having trouble. I can see the underlying messageabout it (I think), but it just comes off as the comedic single he puts out before the album to get the attention of the mainstream listeners.

Oh, and I played Beautiful in my car for the first time today. It sounds (pun intended) beautiful
sick.gif
pimp.gif

i cant remember a song that has been released in recent years as good as deja vu or beautiful ...

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i cant remember a song that has been released in recent years as good as deja vu or beautiful ...

How much music do you listen too ?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

I can't stop listening to it either. I want to stop, so that I don't "overplay" it, but I'm really feelin' it.

Hm, interesting. Care to explain your view on that? I'm trying to piece it together, but having trouble. I can see the underlying message about it (I think), but it just comes off as the comedic single he puts out before the album to get the attention of the mainstream listeners.

Oh, and I played Beautiful in my car for the first time today. It sounds (pun intended) beautiful
sick.gif
pimp.gif
"We Made You" does come off as that mainstream single, but after a closer listen, it's actually about Shady torturing some of thefemale celebs, almost like the track "Same Song and Dance" before it. The beat and chorus definitely makes it seem like that one corny,radio-friendly single, but taken in context with the album, it doesn't seem to be that way. Just my opinion.

Just heard Em produced Beautiful.
pimp.gif

& I'm still not really feeling this album .
ohwell.gif

It's aight ... I like Stay Wide Awake , Beautiful , & My Mom ...

Around the time the Carter 3 came out , I was the biggest Lil' Wayne hater (because of his new found style) ...

Carter 3 was just whack to me .

Sad to say , Carter 3 > Relapse .

I'm probably tripping right now .
roll.gif

Damn Em .
smh.gif

What happened to this throughout ? Maybe I'm just not hearing it .

Till I collapse ... I'm spilling' these raps, long as you feel 'em ...
Till the day that I drop , you'll never say that I'm not killing 'em ...
Cause when I am not then I am stop penning them ...
And I am not Hip-Hop ... & I'm just not Eminem .
Subliminal thoughts , when I'mma stop sending them ...
Women are caught in webs , spin 'em and 'hock' venom ...
Adrenalin shots of Penicillin could not get the illin' to stop ...
Amoxicillin's just not real enough .
The criminal cop killing hip-hop ,
Feeling a minimal swap to cop millions of 'Pac listeners .
Your coming with me, feel it or not ...
You're gonna fear it like I showed you the spirit of God lives in us .
You hear it a lot, lyrics that shock !
Is it a miracle or am I just product of pop fizzing up ?
Fa shizzle my wizzle this is the plot ... listen up .
You bizzles forgot slizzl does not give a fuuuuu !

Originally Posted by bkmac

Hm, interesting. Care to explain your view on that? I'm trying to piece it together, but having trouble. I can see the underlying message about it (I think), but it just comes off as the comedic single he puts out before the album to get the attention of the mainstream listeners.

sick.gif
pimp.gif
"We Made You" does come off as that mainstream single, but after a closer listen, it's actually about Shady torturing some of the female celebs, almost like the track "Same Song and Dance" before it. The beat and chorus definitely makes it seem like that one corny, radio-friendly single, but taken in context with the album, it doesn't seem to be that way. Just my opinion.

Just heard Em produced Beautiful.
pimp.gif
I'm going to listen to it again and really pay attention to the lyrics, and I'll come back here and see if I agree with you. Good insightthough.

And yeah, I believe Beautiful is the only song he produced on the album. Makes it even better
pimp.gif

eye see soles, I listened to it again.

"The enforcer, looking for more women to torture." (First line, second verse, perhaps a clear motif for thesongs purpose).

He gets at Jessica Simpson, Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan and her girlfriend, Ellen DeGeneres and her partner, Sarah Palin, Britney Spears, and JenniferAniston.

Maybe I'm reaching, but maybe Em is trying to say that women make the man? All the women in his life (except for Hailie) have led to him act the way hedoes (Slim Shady)?

In either case, the song is catchy, and that was his real purpose. I think we can all agree on that.

http://

Back
Top Bottom