Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

after a half-butted listen (i'm not a fan of the new eminem, aka it sounds like he's talking over a track rather than any rhyming... it was alldownhill starting with the eminem show), and i'm not too impressed. except for UNDERGROUND. he took it back to that 1999-flow. i see he can do it, he justchooses not to on his tracks. but it's refreshing to see him come back. i'm sick of hearing lil wayne pollute the hip-hop and pop radio stations.

Relapse 1st week sale> C3 1st week
Like Beavers said 1.5mil 1st week guaranteed, people dont realize how BIG Eminem is, its funny people say 300k LMAO!!!
EMINEM=ICON
the 19th can not come any closer

you guys think that this being leaked early is gonna help album sales? alot of people didn't seem to be checking for Em with the first few singles and wentwith the whole "Em fell off, Encore was trash" talk. Seems like there's nothing but positive reviews from everyone which I think will help albumsales. I'm gonna support.

I was buying either way it was just a toss up between Itunes or a hardcopy. I'll be buying the hardcopy, well worth it.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

you guys think that this being leaked early is gonna help album sales? alot of people didn't seem to be checking for Em with the first few singles and went with the whole "Em fell off, Encore was trash" talk. Seems like there's nothing but positive reviews from everyone which I think will help album sales. I'm gonna support.
radio may not play it, doesn't mean ppl don't check for it. crack a bottle went to #1 on digital sales alone. we made you went straight to#9 on sales alone. he's just not getting radio airplay to maintain the chartpower, but sales-wise, he's selling. didn't crack a bottle break asingles record for sales
laugh.gif
? that damn song broke a sales record
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23dude

Like Beavers said 1.5mil 1st week guaranteed, people dont realize how BIG Eminem is, its funny people say 300k LMAO!!!
EMINEM=ICON
I completely agree with you, BUT lets not forget what happened to Nelly. Brass Knuckles flopped HARD!
laugh.gif

I have been listening to this album nonstop since Wednesday... Em is back and I'm glad he lost that stupid !%@ accent he had on Encore..... ugh....

Originally Posted by 23dude

EMINEM=ICON
im ab ig Em fan but i just cant see him hitting that first week. i know he has a huge fanbase, but if he had a couple joints that were playing inthe club 24/7 or on the radio 24/7, then maybe. when wayne came out....everybody and their momma was playing lollipop. EVERYWHERE you would go you would hearthat damn song

A lot of people saying they can't listen to this because they can't relate...

IDK about that

Yes being able to relate to something often makes music more enjoyable. But Em's flow on these songs is SOOOO unreal.

Insane... the subject matter is horrible, and would never listen to that, but his flow is way to sick.. I keep playin it

Stay Wide Awake =
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
.... need I say more?

Must Be The Ganja his flow is still great

And Underground is
eek.gif
as well

Hell his flow on Bagpipes is pretty damn great...this is what is keeping me coming back to half of this album.

When it comes to ability to flow over a Beat.. Em is top notch... his subject matter is most of the time iffy.. I found myself giving Asher a listen to todaybecause I much rather listen to the subject matter on his songs... but Nobody can flow like Em can... and it keeps my coming back to some of these tracks

Beautiful has 54 plays for me already, Deja Vu at 34, and Stay Wide Awake at 27, oh and 3AM at 61 but that doesnt count since its been out for awhile.

I hope Relapse 2 is classic from beginning to finish, I still can't get into Hello, Same Song and Dance, or Medicine Ball, I could do without We Made youor Crack A Bottle.
Hopefully for Relapse 2.... Em will just leave off the corny 1st single.. and just go all out

Encore did 700k its first week. Given Relapse's unpopular singles and early leak, I can't see Relapse doing any better.

Originally Posted by ldea

Encore did 700k its first week. Given Relapse's unpopular singles and early leak, I can't see Relapse doing any better.
Encore did 700k in first 3 days. 5million sold total.

Just off SSLP, MMLP, and TES, eminem has created more than 1 billion $$ in revenue.

Relapse will do 850-1.4 first week without a doubt.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Originally Posted by NIMO007

I'm still holding out... Patiently waiting! 9 days and counting.

Me too. Its tempting to download it but I think I'll wait until it comes out.
Same here... I have it on pre-order...

[h1]Eminem Hijacking Jimmy Kimmel[/h1]
Eminem's pulling a U2.

The rap superstar is set to continue his return to the spotlight with a three-night residency on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live, beginning with an "exclusive" performance next Friday, May 15, and continuing the following week.

The artist otherwise known as Marshall Mathers III will debut tracks from his new album, Relapse. His first studio set in four years will be released May 19. That same day he will perfom live in Kimmel's studio and then, on the 22nd, will appear live via satellite from his hometown of Detroit with two more tunes.

The trio of appearances is reminiscent of recent multinight stands by U2 on The Late Show With David Letterman and Prince on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.

Slim Shady is also set to give a three-hour interview on Sirius XM's Shade 45 channel, taking fans on a behind-the-scenes tour of the making of the album and giving track-by-track commentary.

I'm looking forward watching Em finally performing live. Also, that 3-hour interview should be interesting.

i read somewhere that relapse has already over 1 million pre-order sales
laugh.gif
eek.gif
w/ the singles not doing too well. hopefully"beautiful" will really hammer it the week coming into the release

I just hope that "Beautiful" knocks "Boom Boom Pow" out the #1 spot on iTunes. That song got annoying with the quickness.

Hello > any song on that album

Dude will sell based off Lil Wayne haters who would absolutely die if Em sells less than Wayne.

-The Juice

don't like it... only heard it once.. but I only play Em's first album anyway, wasn't expecting to like it.
deja vu and beautiful are decent
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by petozham

Originally Posted by M16

Em was lucky enough to not have his beef with Canibus escalate, that would have ended him right there. He knows his role, a few shots at celebrities that 13 year olds will find funny, rinse, repeat, profit. In a real beef though ?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this dude would get done worse than LL Cool J.

Damn, every time I read your posts it's the most absurd, moronic posts ever
roll.gif

Got it worse than LL? LL had like 14 more albums since the Canibus situation, is Canibus still doing rap? I wouldn't be surprised if he was a pastor now or working at a carnival or something...

"Look over your shoulder N, that's where you're headed"
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Nothing better than lines that come true(as if that was hard to foresee).

You know why the Em VS Canibus thing never popped off? Cause no one cares for Canibus, everyone just heard Em's diss and called it a day.
%%+ does a rap battle have to do with album sales? talkin about "letting Em outsell them"
laugh.gif
Too many of yall naive dudes got that Curtis vs. Ja Rule mentality when it comes to a rap beef/battle. LL "lost" to Canibus and yet he will still sell more than him any day of the week.
Naive...LOL. Yeah like no name battles and who had the better metaphors in them are so much more important than one's well being and livelihood from MC beefs...Are we really arguing Em can't battle though? Seriously?
LL "lost" to Canibus and yet he will still sell more than him any day of the week.
Exactly why LL won...Canibus' career highlight was something that was so petty to LL.

How ignorant can one person be ? You don't even know what Canibus is doing now (making 10x better music than Em) and still wanna post to make yourself look like a ******. Em's battle skills are about average, he would get ripped to shreds by the above average underground MC, let alone Canibus, that would just be a massacre. Should Em ever have enough courage to go at any of these dudes it would be over. I think Paz can dead him in 2-4 bars.
How can one person be so much in denial? There's a reason why I or anyone else dont know what Canibus is doing, cause I, we, and no onecares...Besides last I checked, he was in the army dropping whackass, typical, regurgitated, boring, philosophical, I'm so insane, I'm so sick, I'mthe illest, but I can't seem to get a deal or drop an album to save my *$! freestyles on youtube...Save that +!%# for the suicidal, conspiracy theoryindulging, elitist, clueless, emo rap fans, such as a certain NTer you might be QUITE familiar with...To make it more clear, his SN starts with M and ends with16, but of course you figured it since your +*#! gets hard on double meanings and metaphors and similies and words made to sound more complicated than theyactually are to intrigue and fool fans to thinking they have skills because they're so senseless babble rap hungry. Their fans are just like them, mad atthe world, but of course because you only listen to what you could relate to, right?

...And they had a little battle, why didn't he rip Em to shreds? If he's so powerful and his rhymes are that great, why wouldn't he come out withsomething nasty on some ether like that so dudes would check for him? I mean Em did respond to his attention cries. Plus people would want to hear the recordcause Em's name's on it...Em came up on the rap olympics and wake up shows and all that underground +!%#, he paid his dues, he murdered it, gotDre's attention, and established himself and put a mark on music, which is about 50 million times more than what your favorite underachievingass rappershave done.

YOU think Paz would kill him in 2-4 bars? Lol....You also think Paz could part the red sea and end the swine flu and fix our economy with one touch of a mic ifhe chose to, but he doesn't because his excellence is too overwhelming for us and would cause further chaos and plus he likes the world the way it isbecause it's his outlet for his amazing creativity...Those bars could be;

"Science, science, microscopes, white blood cells, torture chamber, rays of death, mic of fury
Yo this is the great Paz, I spin around with deadly force like Taz,
Believe me, I'm beastly, it's easy to drop your bugs bunny *$! on the pavement
Then I will stand above you as a victor, while M16 drool's and bow's in amazement"
All while not staying on flow with the beat and you'll still do your usual "That>>>>>>Illmatic" and go ape**** over it..Keepliving on your woulda, coulda's and ignore reality.

Your act is cute, but chill kid, save the bandwidth and don't respond...Leave that for Aesop Rock's or good ol Vinnie's webpage forum...IF theyhave one...If not, who knows? with enough word of mouth, maybe we could do a fundraiser for them and start their official site for them. Maybe you could do thegrand opening and cut the big red bow with a scissor, or maybe you could blast it in half with your m16, or better yet we could use Vinnie Paz's lyricaldagger to cut it in half.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

The thing with Em and relating is, you don't (well, most young black males don't) aspire to be like that...at all. So while I can't relate to flying on a G5, I want to. While my closet doesn't have 2 stories, I'd like it to. It gives me something to shoot for. And if I never moved bricks, I sold dimes and/or know somebody who did. Growing up, _'s wanted to be like the drug dealers. We like them before they started rapping. We've been around the sirens and gunshots. The $*%$ Em says is lame to black people. We love our mothers, we don't really mess with scripts like that, we don't joke about being the victims of gay rape, our relationship issues are different and we don't really care about these celebs like that. That's white people $*%$ to us.

And Em can rap better than pretty much everybody I listen to. I can appreciate that...I really can. It's just not something you'll see at the top of my iTunes play count. I'll forget about this album in like a month. Beautiful and De Ja Vu are amazing by the way.

Then you have a Joe Budden who, arguably, has similar content...but it's more from a black perspective. His addictions, relationship issues and inner turmoil is just easier to relate to.

Of course these are huge generalizations so there's no need to point that out.

Back
Top Bottom