Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

eventually though unless they wanna end up empty handed in july their going to need to make a move.
How would they end up empty handed? The most likely scenario at this point is the Nuggets sign-and-trade him in the summer for a few 1st round picks, maybe a trade-exception as well as maybe 1-2 decent players. That'd be better than trading for players with bad contracts. If it's true he wants to join the Knicks then they'll just ship a couple of 1st rounders to Denver in July and in return the Nuggets would sign Melo to a $100+ mill deal and trade him to NYK.

Is all that gonna stay the same with the new CBA?

eventually though unless they wanna end up empty handed in july their going to need to make a move.
How would they end up empty handed? The most likely scenario at this point is the Nuggets sign-and-trade him in the summer for a few 1st round picks, maybe a trade-exception as well as maybe 1-2 decent players. That'd be better than trading for players with bad contracts. If it's true he wants to join the Knicks then they'll just ship a couple of 1st rounders to Denver in July and in return the Nuggets would sign Melo to a $100+ mill deal and trade him to NYK.

Is all that gonna stay the same with the new CBA?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by DubA169

he's going to the knicks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He is.

No way Kupchak does what it takes to bring Melo to the Lakers. This is nearly the same team that has won back to back titles, he's smart enough not to sell the farm because of a poor stretch.

No way Kupchak does what it takes to bring Melo to the Lakers. This is nearly the same team that has won back to back titles, he's smart enough not to sell the farm because of a poor stretch.

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by playmaker86

Been kinda hoping someone would start a post like this. I hope he ends up in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in LA (Lakers) with all their recent problems
Lakers would have to give up Staples Center for that !##$%, +$*! outta here with that outlandish trade speculation.
really? like the gasol trade?
it can happen once, it can happen again... 

would i like to see him the a lakers uni? no, i like to see the NBA good from top to bottom, not just the super teams...

the knicks being good again is great for basketball, the magic made a move, now its time for new york.... 
The Gasol trade is nowhere near blockbuster as a Melo to LA trade. Don't be dumb, you really think Denver gonna give up there best player to a team they have struggled against in the playoffs? I take that back, you're being dumb.

Been kinda hoping someone would start a post like this. I hope he ends up in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in LA (Lakers) with all their recent problems
Lakers would have to give up Staples Center for that !##$%, +$*! outta here with that outlandish trade speculation.

would i like to see him the a lakers uni? no, i like to see the NBA good from top to bottom, not just the super teams...

the knicks being good again is great for basketball, the magic made a move, now its time for new york.... 
The Gasol trade is nowhere near blockbuster as a Melo to LA trade. Don't be dumb, you really think Denver gonna give up there best player to a team they have struggled against in the playoffs? I take that back, you're being dumb.

eyes.gif

Everyone knows why that trade was made.

jerry_west_20100808200859_640_480.JPG

It was a gift.

Same with McHale trading KG to the Celtics.

eyes.gif

Everyone knows why that trade was made.

jerry_west_20100808200859_640_480.JPG

It was a gift.

Same with McHale trading KG to the Celtics.

People still think Jerry West was part of the Grizzlies' front office when the trade went down. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

People still think Jerry West was part of the Grizzlies' front office when the trade went down. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

What are the chances of the Wizards getting him ?
Closer to Baltimore... w/ John Wall ?

Spoiler [+]
s4oyoo.png

?

I don't think Denver would trade him to the team they would have to deal with every yr in the playoffs... to the team that always beat them. (Lakers)
Yes, I am sure Denver are salivating at the prospects of rebuilding with Andray Blatche as the face of the franchise.

Lol Denver gonna have to take what they can. But maybe Melo don't mind going to NJ.. cuz
why would DEN still entertain trade scenarios w. Nets after Melo wouldn't sign an extension. 

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

What are the chances of the Wizards getting him ?
Closer to Baltimore... w/ John Wall ?

Spoiler [+]
s4oyoo.png

?

I don't think Denver would trade him to the team they would have to deal with every yr in the playoffs... to the team that always beat them. (Lakers)
Yes, I am sure Denver are salivating at the prospects of rebuilding with Andray Blatche as the face of the franchise.

Lol Denver gonna have to take what they can. But maybe Melo don't mind going to NJ.. cuz
why would DEN still entertain trade scenarios w. Nets after Melo wouldn't sign an extension. 

dumb because we have a difference of opinion?
laugh.gif
child please
doesnt matter what denver does at this point, send melo or keep him, their gonna struggle 

laugh.gif
child please
doesnt matter what denver does at this point, send melo or keep him, their gonna struggle 

laugh.gif
child please
Exactly. This guy is acting like it couldnt happen. Get out yo chest bruh
laugh.gif
. And you mean to tell me that if all other trade options fail, Denver wouldnt take Artest/Odom or Bynum??? Could be just me, but that's the most value you could get.

laugh.gif
child please
Exactly. This guy is acting like it couldnt happen. Get out yo chest bruh
laugh.gif
. And you mean to tell me that if all other trade options fail, Denver wouldnt take Artest/Odom or Bynum??? Could be just me, but that's the most value you could get.

You don't know what the CBA will look like after July 1st when teams can sign free agents. The Knicks don't have any first-round picks to give up and the players we'd offer around the Summer would be the same players we're offering now.

Why would Melo even agree to a sign and trade? Remember, he may not even be able to get the $100+ million contract anyway. They're speculating that the "new" 3-year deal would be around $45 million instead of the $67 million that he's offered now. It would be in Melo's interest to sign an extension to his new team BEFORE July 1st 2011.

I think at the end of it--Denver and Melo are playing a game of chicken. Melo is saying he only will resign an extension with NY which would deter a lot of teams from giving up a lot of their young talent just to rent a guy for a few months. If Melo REALLY wants to play for NY and doesn't care about the money then Denver calls him bluff and trades him anyway to a team willing to "rent" him and MAKES him sign an extension with the renter just so Melo can take the extra $20 million home.

It's either Denver bites the bullet and trades him to NY or spites him and trades him to a team willing to "rent" him. At the end of the day, they wont get to keep Melo, but they won't let him walk for nothing either.

You don't know what the CBA will look like after July 1st when teams can sign free agents. The Knicks don't have any first-round picks to give up and the players we'd offer around the Summer would be the same players we're offering now.

Why would Melo even agree to a sign and trade? Remember, he may not even be able to get the $100+ million contract anyway. They're speculating that the "new" 3-year deal would be around $45 million instead of the $67 million that he's offered now. It would be in Melo's interest to sign an extension to his new team BEFORE July 1st 2011.

I think at the end of it--Denver and Melo are playing a game of chicken. Melo is saying he only will resign an extension with NY which would deter a lot of teams from giving up a lot of their young talent just to rent a guy for a few months. If Melo REALLY wants to play for NY and doesn't care about the money then Denver calls him bluff and trades him anyway to a team willing to "rent" him and MAKES him sign an extension with the renter just so Melo can take the extra $20 million home.

It's either Denver bites the bullet and trades him to NY or spites him and trades him to a team willing to "rent" him. At the end of the day, they wont get to keep Melo, but they won't let him walk for nothing either.

My belief is that he will be traded to New Jersey. 

Denver is smart by waiting though.  Why not wait til Feb, let the Nets pile up as many losses as possible, therefore giving them a lower draft pick for the draft?  They won't get a top 3 pick or anything, but getting the 6th pick is a lot better then trading Melo now, he helps them out, they win a couple extra games and you get the 13th pick from them. 

Holding out as long as possible is the best way to get those other teams desperate enough to start outbidding each other.  If the Knicks see Jersey getting ready right before the deadline, they could sweeten the deal, or maybe Houston jumps in and adds an extra player/pick they weren't offering before. 

This isn't gonna happen for a couple months still. 

My belief is that he will be traded to New Jersey. 

Denver is smart by waiting though.  Why not wait til Feb, let the Nets pile up as many losses as possible, therefore giving them a lower draft pick for the draft?  They won't get a top 3 pick or anything, but getting the 6th pick is a lot better then trading Melo now, he helps them out, they win a couple extra games and you get the 13th pick from them. 

Holding out as long as possible is the best way to get those other teams desperate enough to start outbidding each other.  If the Knicks see Jersey getting ready right before the deadline, they could sweeten the deal, or maybe Houston jumps in and adds an extra player/pick they weren't offering before. 

This isn't gonna happen for a couple months still. 

After an appropriate cooling-off period surrounding Carmelo Anthony trade talks after the tragic death of his sister, teams are beginning to get a renewed sense of where the Nuggets are strategy-wise. And once again, multiple sources tell CBSSports.com that Denver officials are sending mixed signals and still appear undecided as to whether they're seeking veteran players who can help them now or some combination of cap relief, draft picks and young players.

As a result of what one rival executive referred to as the Nuggets having "overplayed their hand" in negotiations with the Nets, frustrated New Jersey officials are in the process of "substantively" re-evaluating their pursuit of Anthony, a three-time All-Star who has refused to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets.

No one is fully aware of Anthony's mindset after he's missed five games grieving the loss of his sister, Michelle, who died tragically at 38 last week. But with trade demands that another executive described as "too high and unrealistic," the Nuggets run the risk of alienating the team that from the beginning had the most assets to offer -- starting with Derrick Favors, multiple first-round picks and the expiring contract of Troy Murphy.

The Nuggets' outward appearance of indecision could very well be a negotiating tactic, as a person with direct knowledge of Denver's strategy has told CBSSports.com that the team has decided it wants to get young and accumulate draft picks if and when they decide to trade Anthony -- not attempt to tread water with sub-par veteran replacements whose contracts would hinder the team's future flexibility. The other wild card, of course, is Anthony's reluctance to sign an extension with the Nets, which has been confirmed by a person with direct knowledge of his thinking.

In view of their frustration, the Nets have not yet gotten to the point where they're ready to pull all their chips off the table. But it's clear that the Nets are "sick of the whole charade," according to one source and have "backed away," according to another.

Back
Top Bottom