Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

hell the spurs would be a very good look for melo it's not the ideal city so it ruins potential superstar free agents from going there but if you want to win and play for a good coach and a well ran franchise san antonio is defenitly someone you consider.

How about Melo signs with the Spurs, I like that idea than the Lakers since everybody wants to dream

hell the spurs would be a very good look for melo it's not the ideal city so it ruins potential superstar free agents from going there but if you want to win and play for a good coach and a well ran franchise san antonio is defenitly someone you consider.

How about Melo signs with the Spurs, I like that idea than the Lakers since everybody wants to dream

dallas 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by playmaker86

Been kinda hoping someone would start a post like this. I hope he ends up in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in LA (Lakers) with all their recent problems
Lakers would have to give up Staples Center for that !##$%, +$*! outta here with that outlandish trade speculation.

Been kinda hoping someone would start a post like this. I hope he ends up in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in LA (Lakers) with all their recent problems
Lakers would have to give up Staples Center for that !##$%, +$*! outta here with that outlandish trade speculation.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

really? like the gasol trade?
it can happen once, it can happen again... 

would i like to see him the a lakers uni? no, i like to see the NBA good from top to bottom, not just the super teams...

the knicks being good again is great for basketball, the magic made a move, now its time for new york.... 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

really? like the gasol trade?
it can happen once, it can happen again... 

would i like to see him the a lakers uni? no, i like to see the NBA good from top to bottom, not just the super teams...

the knicks being good again is great for basketball, the magic made a move, now its time for new york.... 

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

What are the chances of the Wizards getting him ?
Closer to Baltimore... w/ John Wall ?

Spoiler [+]
s4oyoo.png

?

I don't think Denver would trade him to the team they would have to deal with every yr in the playoffs... to the team that always beat them. (Lakers)

Spoiler [+]
s4oyoo.png

?

I don't think Denver would trade him to the team they would have to deal with every yr in the playoffs... to the team that always beat them. (Lakers)

People tend to forget that a team isn't going to trade for Melo unless he agrees to an extension with them.  No one in their right mind would trade valuable picks/players to rent Melo for a year and risk losing him... AND Melo wants his $$ before the end of the year.  In other words, a trade with a particular team is plausible if the following items are true:  Melo wants to play on a team that can win titles now/he sees himself being with long-term + the Nuggets want picks/YOUNG talent + the team receiving Melo needs to have said pieces wanted by the Nuggets + the salary/cap concerns blah blah blah...
Conclusion:

Not many teams fit the bill. 

People tend to forget that a team isn't going to trade for Melo unless he agrees to an extension with them.  No one in their right mind would trade valuable picks/players to rent Melo for a year and risk losing him... AND Melo wants his $$ before the end of the year.  In other words, a trade with a particular team is plausible if the following items are true:  Melo wants to play on a team that can win titles now/he sees himself being with long-term + the Nuggets want picks/YOUNG talent + the team receiving Melo needs to have said pieces wanted by the Nuggets + the salary/cap concerns blah blah blah...
Conclusion:

Not many teams fit the bill. 

He's not going to the Lakers. They're not trading him to the west, and they're certainly not taking on high-priced lengthy contracts of guys like Bynum or Odom when they'll be in rebuilding mode.

The only teams that would actually trade for him without an extension in place are Houston and Dallas, but again, Denver doesn't want to take on contracts (Kevin Martin?) or trade within their conference.

New Jersey has the best offer, but the Nuggets aren't sold on Favors and Melo has clearly said he won't sign an extension -- or the trade would have already happened.

I think New York turns Anthony Randolph into a 1st Round pick and is able to get Denver to bite on their best offer of Gallo + Curry's expiring + 1st Round pick + future 1st Round pick, although it's still a lesser offer than New Jersey's. But it'll be the only actual trade they'll be capable of making, since Melo truly has all of the leverage in deciding where he wants to go.

Melo's actual best bet in regards to long-term success, I think, would be to sign with the Knicks as a Free Agent over the summer and allow them to keep their roster and draft picks intact, but that would cost him potentially $20 Million.

He's not going to the Lakers. They're not trading him to the west, and they're certainly not taking on high-priced lengthy contracts of guys like Bynum or Odom when they'll be in rebuilding mode.

The only teams that would actually trade for him without an extension in place are Houston and Dallas, but again, Denver doesn't want to take on contracts (Kevin Martin?) or trade within their conference.

New Jersey has the best offer, but the Nuggets aren't sold on Favors and Melo has clearly said he won't sign an extension -- or the trade would have already happened.

I think New York turns Anthony Randolph into a 1st Round pick and is able to get Denver to bite on their best offer of Gallo + Curry's expiring + 1st Round pick + future 1st Round pick, although it's still a lesser offer than New Jersey's. But it'll be the only actual trade they'll be capable of making, since Melo truly has all of the leverage in deciding where he wants to go.

Melo's actual best bet in regards to long-term success, I think, would be to sign with the Knicks as a Free Agent over the summer and allow them to keep their roster and draft picks intact, but that would cost him potentially $20 Million.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

nycknicks105:
Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers:
if he were to go to the Lakers i wouldn't be necessarily suprised.
There really are rumors of him going to the Lakers?
Who said there were?

Expecting you to respond with something like 'Oh, I thought this was a TRADE DISCUSSION thread,' I'lm just going to throw this out there: there's a lot of talk of Melo leaving, including many threads already made this season. Having a thread like this helps. Does it need to be titled 'Official Carmelo Discussion of Possibly Leaving to Another Team Thread' for you?

I wasn't attacking the thread. I was just wondering if there were rumors of him going to the Lakers, because I haven't heard that yet. I've been following this Melo thing pretty closely and haven't heard. So I was just curious.

What's with the rudeness 23ska?

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Bulls

The Bulls seem like a great place, but idk how it can go down.

1. Rose needs the ball to be effective, plus him being a PG doesn't make it any better.
2. Who will the Bulls trade to get Melo? I only see guys like Noah and Gibson (same position) with Deng. If I remember correctly, Deng has a huge contract left. The Nuggets wouldn't want to take back huge contracts. The trade doesn't help Denver at all.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

nycknicks105:
Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers:
if he were to go to the Lakers i wouldn't be necessarily suprised.
There really are rumors of him going to the Lakers?
Who said there were?

Expecting you to respond with something like 'Oh, I thought this was a TRADE DISCUSSION thread,' I'lm just going to throw this out there: there's a lot of talk of Melo leaving, including many threads already made this season. Having a thread like this helps. Does it need to be titled 'Official Carmelo Discussion of Possibly Leaving to Another Team Thread' for you?

I wasn't attacking the thread. I was just wondering if there were rumors of him going to the Lakers, because I haven't heard that yet. I've been following this Melo thing pretty closely and haven't heard. So I was just curious.

What's with the rudeness 23ska?

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Bulls

The Bulls seem like a great place, but idk how it can go down.

1. Rose needs the ball to be effective, plus him being a PG doesn't make it any better.
2. Who will the Bulls trade to get Melo? I only see guys like Noah and Gibson (same position) with Deng. If I remember correctly, Deng has a huge contract left. The Nuggets wouldn't want to take back huge contracts. The trade doesn't help Denver at all.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Spoiler [+]
s4oyoo.png

?
This would be 
pimp.gif

But we all know thats not going down.....

Back
Top Bottom