Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

After an appropriate cooling-off period surrounding Carmelo Anthony trade talks after the tragic death of his sister, teams are beginning to get a renewed sense of where the Nuggets are strategy-wise. And once again, multiple sources tell CBSSports.com that Denver officials are sending mixed signals and still appear undecided as to whether they're seeking veteran players who can help them now or some combination of cap relief, draft picks and young players.

As a result of what one rival executive referred to as the Nuggets having "overplayed their hand" in negotiations with the Nets, frustrated New Jersey officials are in the process of "substantively" re-evaluating their pursuit of Anthony, a three-time All-Star who has refused to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets.

No one is fully aware of Anthony's mindset after he's missed five games grieving the loss of his sister, Michelle, who died tragically at 38 last week. But with trade demands that another executive described as "too high and unrealistic," the Nuggets run the risk of alienating the team that from the beginning had the most assets to offer -- starting with Derrick Favors, multiple first-round picks and the expiring contract of Troy Murphy.

The Nuggets' outward appearance of indecision could very well be a negotiating tactic, as a person with direct knowledge of Denver's strategy has told CBSSports.com that the team has decided it wants to get young and accumulate draft picks if and when they decide to trade Anthony -- not attempt to tread water with sub-par veteran replacements whose contracts would hinder the team's future flexibility. The other wild card, of course, is Anthony's reluctance to sign an extension with the Nets, which has been confirmed by a person with direct knowledge of his thinking.

In view of their frustration, the Nets have not yet gotten to the point where they're ready to pull all their chips off the table. But it's clear that the Nets are "sick of the whole charade," according to one source and have "backed away," according to another.

Originally Posted by CP1708

My belief is that he will be traded to New Jersey. 

Denver is smart by waiting though.  Why not wait til Feb, let the Nets pile up as many losses as possible, therefore giving them a lower draft pick for the draft?  They won't get a top 3 pick or anything, but getting the 6th pick is a lot better then trading Melo now, he helps them out, they win a couple extra games and you get the 13th pick from them. 

Holding out as long as possible is the best way to get those other teams desperate enough to start outbidding each other.  If the Knicks see Jersey getting ready right before the deadline, they could sweeten the deal, or maybe Houston jumps in and adds an extra player/pick they weren't offering before. 

This isn't gonna happen for a couple months still. 

But would teams like the Nets and Rockets (young teams trying to rebuild) risk giving up basically everything they have just for someone who won't even resign with them? I doubt he goes to the Rockets, because they're in the West. Same goes with the Mavs.

The Nets can work, but I feel like if it were to happen, it would've happened already. Trading Melo before the season started and trading him by Feb would be the same outcome for the Nets. They would've given up their entire roster and STILL would've probably won 20-25 games with or without Melo. Waiting to see how bad the Nets would be in Feb isn't something the Nuggets are keeping a close eye on.

It's all based on Melo giving the other team the OK that he will re-sign with them.

Teams can talk to eachother all they want, but until Melo or a reliable "source" says he's warming up to he idea of signing with the Nets it probably wont happen. I think these "talks" are all made up to make NY sweeten their deal, but what more do they want? We offered Gallo, Curry AND Chandler+AR during the summer and they said it wasn't "enough". Denver is trying to stall and by doing so they're going to shoot themselves in the foot.

Originally Posted by CP1708

My belief is that he will be traded to New Jersey. 

Denver is smart by waiting though.  Why not wait til Feb, let the Nets pile up as many losses as possible, therefore giving them a lower draft pick for the draft?  They won't get a top 3 pick or anything, but getting the 6th pick is a lot better then trading Melo now, he helps them out, they win a couple extra games and you get the 13th pick from them. 

Holding out as long as possible is the best way to get those other teams desperate enough to start outbidding each other.  If the Knicks see Jersey getting ready right before the deadline, they could sweeten the deal, or maybe Houston jumps in and adds an extra player/pick they weren't offering before. 

This isn't gonna happen for a couple months still. 

But would teams like the Nets and Rockets (young teams trying to rebuild) risk giving up basically everything they have just for someone who won't even resign with them? I doubt he goes to the Rockets, because they're in the West. Same goes with the Mavs.

The Nets can work, but I feel like if it were to happen, it would've happened already. Trading Melo before the season started and trading him by Feb would be the same outcome for the Nets. They would've given up their entire roster and STILL would've probably won 20-25 games with or without Melo. Waiting to see how bad the Nets would be in Feb isn't something the Nuggets are keeping a close eye on.

It's all based on Melo giving the other team the OK that he will re-sign with them.

Teams can talk to eachother all they want, but until Melo or a reliable "source" says he's warming up to he idea of signing with the Nets it probably wont happen. I think these "talks" are all made up to make NY sweeten their deal, but what more do they want? We offered Gallo, Curry AND Chandler+AR during the summer and they said it wasn't "enough". Denver is trying to stall and by doing so they're going to shoot themselves in the foot.

At the end of the day Melo would be a Knick in exchange for Chandler, Curry, and either Randolph or a first rounder that we'd get for AR. Unless some team is really open to the idea of renting Melo for a playoff run, that's the best offer Denver is gonna get.

At the end of the day Melo would be a Knick in exchange for Chandler, Curry, and either Randolph or a first rounder that we'd get for AR. Unless some team is really open to the idea of renting Melo for a playoff run, that's the best offer Denver is gonna get.

@WojYahooNBA As @KenBerg_CBS writes, NJ frustrated with Denver's price for Melo. DEN wants 5 first round picks as part of bigger package, sources tell Y!
eek.gif
roll.gif

@WojYahooNBA As @KenBerg_CBS writes, NJ frustrated with Denver's price for Melo. DEN wants 5 first round picks as part of bigger package, sources tell Y!
eek.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Denver stupid for that one. 

Bottom line, everybody and their brother knows he isn't signing with Denver, they can't afford to let him walk away for nothing, so they will have to lessen their demands and move him in Feb. 

5 first rounders for Melo. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Denver stupid for that one. 

Bottom line, everybody and their brother knows he isn't signing with Denver, they can't afford to let him walk away for nothing, so they will have to lessen their demands and move him in Feb. 

5 first rounders for Melo. 
laugh.gif

remember a couple months back when melo was "dealt to new jersey" that trade that was completed and had a thread and everything
laugh.gif

remember a couple months back when melo was "dealt to new jersey" that trade that was completed and had a thread and everything
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

eek.gif
roll.gif

These _'s are out of their mother *+@@$## mind.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
FIVE 1st rounders...wow. Prokhorov should tell 'em to suck his Russian ****.
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Um...no. If that was the package to get him this $%#+ would have been done and over with. The Nuggets don't want to trade him to NY and the Nets offer > that one. Knicks can up the ante but they'd be gutting the team for him and Donnie's not stupid enough to do that.

eek.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Um...no. If that was the package to get him this $%#+ would have been done and over with. The Nuggets don't want to trade him to NY and the Nets offer > that one. Knicks can up the ante but they'd be gutting the team for him and Donnie's not stupid enough to do that.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

eek.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

At the trade deadline that's gonna be the only offer on the table (unless the Nets really are stupid enough to gut their team for an extra 6 wins) and if they don't want to let Melo walk for free, they're gonna have to take it.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

eek.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

At the trade deadline that's gonna be the only offer on the table (unless the Nets really are stupid enough to gut their team for an extra 6 wins) and if they don't want to let Melo walk for free, they're gonna have to take it.

i think the nuggets messed up waiting this long to deal him. teams know they NEED to get rid of him or they will end up with nothing.i doubt teamswill be raising their packages from this moment on. they will be using that fact to their advantage. the best deal denver will get will probably be from a team that is trying to make a playoff run. i thought he was going to end up in orlando but now...maybe in dallas

i think the nuggets messed up waiting this long to deal him. teams know they NEED to get rid of him or they will end up with nothing.i doubt teamswill be raising their packages from this moment on. they will be using that fact to their advantage. the best deal denver will get will probably be from a team that is trying to make a playoff run. i thought he was going to end up in orlando but now...maybe in dallas

i dont even think dallas would deal for him considering they are playing great without him and would have to gut their team to get him

i dont even think dallas would deal for him considering they are playing great without him and would have to gut their team to get him

Originally Posted by playmaker86

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Been kinda hoping someone would start a post like this. I hope he ends up in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in LA (Lakers) with all their recent problems
Lakers would have to give up Staples Center for that !##$%, +$*! outta here with that outlandish trade speculation.
really? like the gasol trade?
it can happen once, it can happen again... 

would i like to see him the a lakers uni? no, i like to see the NBA good from top to bottom, not just the super teams...

the knicks being good again is great for basketball, the magic made a move, now its time for new york.... 
The Gasol trade is nowhere near blockbuster as a Melo to LA trade. Don't be dumb, you really think Denver gonna give up there best player to a team they have struggled against in the playoffs? I take that back, you're being dumb.

dumb because we have a difference of opinion?
laugh.gif
child please
doesnt matter what denver does at this point, send melo or keep him, their gonna struggle 
Exactly. This guy is acting like it couldnt happen. Get out yo chest bruh
laugh.gif
. And you mean to tell me that if all other trade options fail, Denver wouldnt take Artest/Odom or Bynum??? Could be just me, but that's the most value you could get.

Annnnnnnnd they still couldn't beat LA in the playoffs. Melo is better than Odom and Artest combined. LA would NOT give up Bynum and if they did, they still would beat Nuggets in playoffs. Thank god you're not a GM of a team. 

Been kinda hoping someone would start a post like this. I hope he ends up in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in LA (Lakers) with all their recent problems
Lakers would have to give up Staples Center for that !##$%, +$*! outta here with that outlandish trade speculation.
really? like the gasol trade?
it can happen once, it can happen again... 

would i like to see him the a lakers uni? no, i like to see the NBA good from top to bottom, not just the super teams...

the knicks being good again is great for basketball, the magic made a move, now its time for new york.... 
The Gasol trade is nowhere near blockbuster as a Melo to LA trade. Don't be dumb, you really think Denver gonna give up there best player to a team they have struggled against in the playoffs? I take that back, you're being dumb.

dumb because we have a difference of opinion?
laugh.gif
child please
doesnt matter what denver does at this point, send melo or keep him, their gonna struggle 
Exactly. This guy is acting like it couldnt happen. Get out yo chest bruh
laugh.gif
. And you mean to tell me that if all other trade options fail, Denver wouldnt take Artest/Odom or Bynum??? Could be just me, but that's the most value you could get.

Annnnnnnnd they still couldn't beat LA in the playoffs. Melo is better than Odom and Artest combined. LA would NOT give up Bynum and if they did, they still would beat Nuggets in playoffs. Thank god you're not a GM of a team. 

Back
Top Bottom