Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Did an fruitless (and extremely short) search to find NBA trades with more than 2 first round picks.

Best I could find:
From the Ewing trade, New York received a first-round pick from L.A. and a first-round pick, and two second-round picks from Seattle. (Players also, of course)

^ And how ironically it took both Seattle/OKC and New York almost a decade to recover. Ewing's spirit haunted both franchises. 
grin.gif

^ And how ironically it took both Seattle/OKC and New York almost a decade to recover. Ewing's spirit haunted both franchises. 
grin.gif

you guys laugh at 5 1st rounders..... but didnt the Nets get over on the nuggest when they sent Martin over there for 3 1st rounders
laugh.gif
and players? i think nuggets are still mad
laugh.gif

you guys laugh at 5 1st rounders..... but didnt the Nets get over on the nuggest when they sent Martin over there for 3 1st rounders
laugh.gif
and players? i think nuggets are still mad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by playmaker86

Originally Posted by air max 87

Been kinda hoping someone would start a post like this. I hope he ends up in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in LA (Lakers) with all their recent problems
Lakers would have to give up Staples Center for that !##$%, +$*! outta here with that outlandish trade speculation.
really? like the gasol trade?
it can happen once, it can happen again... 

would i like to see him the a lakers uni? no, i like to see the NBA good from top to bottom, not just the super teams...

the knicks being good again is great for basketball, the magic made a move, now its time for new york.... 
The Gasol trade is nowhere near blockbuster as a Melo to LA trade. Don't be dumb, you really think Denver gonna give up there best player to a team they have struggled against in the playoffs? I take that back, you're being dumb.

dumb because we have a difference of opinion?
laugh.gif
child please
doesnt matter what denver does at this point, send melo or keep him, their gonna struggle 
Exactly. This guy is acting like it couldnt happen. Get out yo chest bruh
laugh.gif
. And you mean to tell me that if all other trade options fail, Denver wouldnt take Artest/Odom or Bynum??? Could be just me, but that's the most value you could get.

Annnnnnnnd they still couldn't beat LA in the playoffs. Melo is better than Odom and Artest combined. LA would NOT give up Bynum and if they did, they still would beat Nuggets in playoffs. Thank god you're not a GM of a team. 
you fail to grasp the concept that no matter what direction denver goes in, their not gonna beat the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs in a 7 game series.... 
they go young, and their gonna struggle, if they go old, theres no telling how its gonna work out, im 99% sure it doesnt mean a chip for the nuggets, and it screws up their cap for few years. 

also the nuggets waiting for the nets to lose more games doesnt make sense, and it doesnt matter, this isnt the NFL, the worst 13 teams in the NBA all have a chance to end up with the 13th pick or 1st pick. its the roll of some ping pongs. 

Been kinda hoping someone would start a post like this. I hope he ends up in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in LA (Lakers) with all their recent problems
Lakers would have to give up Staples Center for that !##$%, +$*! outta here with that outlandish trade speculation.
really? like the gasol trade?
it can happen once, it can happen again... 

would i like to see him the a lakers uni? no, i like to see the NBA good from top to bottom, not just the super teams...

the knicks being good again is great for basketball, the magic made a move, now its time for new york.... 
The Gasol trade is nowhere near blockbuster as a Melo to LA trade. Don't be dumb, you really think Denver gonna give up there best player to a team they have struggled against in the playoffs? I take that back, you're being dumb.

dumb because we have a difference of opinion?
laugh.gif
child please
doesnt matter what denver does at this point, send melo or keep him, their gonna struggle 
Exactly. This guy is acting like it couldnt happen. Get out yo chest bruh
laugh.gif
. And you mean to tell me that if all other trade options fail, Denver wouldnt take Artest/Odom or Bynum??? Could be just me, but that's the most value you could get.

Annnnnnnnd they still couldn't beat LA in the playoffs. Melo is better than Odom and Artest combined. LA would NOT give up Bynum and if they did, they still would beat Nuggets in playoffs. Thank god you're not a GM of a team. 
you fail to grasp the concept that no matter what direction denver goes in, their not gonna beat the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs in a 7 game series.... 
they go young, and their gonna struggle, if they go old, theres no telling how its gonna work out, im 99% sure it doesnt mean a chip for the nuggets, and it screws up their cap for few years. 

also the nuggets waiting for the nets to lose more games doesnt make sense, and it doesnt matter, this isnt the NFL, the worst 13 teams in the NBA all have a chance to end up with the 13th pick or 1st pick. its the roll of some ping pongs. 

I'm still not sure why Denver and New Jersey are even having conversations. He's not signing an extension there -- and they won't trade Favors for him without an extension, just so he can sign with the Knicks over the summer. It's all a waste of time.

Denver couldn't be handling this any worse. Asking for 5 1st Round picks just shows the rest of the league how new to the game this GM & Josh Kroenke are. They're trying to squeeze everything possible out of New Jersey, which will only make Melo LESS likely to want an extension there.

Their best bet is finding the most impressive overall package from a team that *is* willing to rent him for the rest of the season, but I find that more and more unlikely as the season goes on. Houston doesn't have the pieces to pull it off, and I'd think Denver would be reluctant to take back the Mavericks' contracts.

He wants to go to the Knicks, and he'll have to take a $20M hit to do so. The Nuggets are too stubborn to trade him for Wilson, Curry & Randolph (or a draft pick), when that's the only realistic deal that'll be on the table and work.

At the end of the day, Melo signing over the summer with New York seems like the outcome.

The biggest thing I'm wondering...since the Nets/ Nuggets talk is a waste of time...which contender gets Chauncey? 3-team deal sending a couple of pieces to CLE, the trade exception/ cap relief to Denver and Chauncey to a contender?

I'm still not sure why Denver and New Jersey are even having conversations. He's not signing an extension there -- and they won't trade Favors for him without an extension, just so he can sign with the Knicks over the summer. It's all a waste of time.

Denver couldn't be handling this any worse. Asking for 5 1st Round picks just shows the rest of the league how new to the game this GM & Josh Kroenke are. They're trying to squeeze everything possible out of New Jersey, which will only make Melo LESS likely to want an extension there.

Their best bet is finding the most impressive overall package from a team that *is* willing to rent him for the rest of the season, but I find that more and more unlikely as the season goes on. Houston doesn't have the pieces to pull it off, and I'd think Denver would be reluctant to take back the Mavericks' contracts.

He wants to go to the Knicks, and he'll have to take a $20M hit to do so. The Nuggets are too stubborn to trade him for Wilson, Curry & Randolph (or a draft pick), when that's the only realistic deal that'll be on the table and work.

At the end of the day, Melo signing over the summer with New York seems like the outcome.

The biggest thing I'm wondering...since the Nets/ Nuggets talk is a waste of time...which contender gets Chauncey? 3-team deal sending a couple of pieces to CLE, the trade exception/ cap relief to Denver and Chauncey to a contender?

I'm sure the Nets have at least 4.

BUT

Are you gonna make the trade without him signing the extension ?

I'm sure the Nets have at least 4.

BUT

Are you gonna make the trade without him signing the extension ?

[h1]Carmelo Returns To Practice With Nuggets[/h1]Dec 31, 2010 5:23 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Carmelo Anthony practiced with the Nuggets on Friday, returning to the team after taking eight days to mourn the death of his sister.

Anthony left the team on Dec. 22 and missed five games while helping his family deal with its loss.

"There's no place like the gym, especially when you go through tough times like I just went through," he said. "But I'm glad to be back, glad to be here. My spirits are up. The worst is over with and I'm back here and I can just focus on basketball."

Michelle Anthony, a 38-year-old mother of four, died on Dec. 21 in Baltimore. The cause of the death was not disclosed, though the Nuggets released a statement that she had died of a "pre-existing condition."

The two had talked over the phone all the time after his games.

"I'm going to miss her calling me after every game, telling me what I did wrong, telling me what I did good and giving me some encouragement. But I know she's watching," Anthony said. "I know she's looking down. I'm going to try to keep my head up high, do what I've got to do on the basketball court and continue playing like I've been playing trying to get some wins."

[h1]Carmelo Returns To Practice With Nuggets[/h1]Dec 31, 2010 5:23 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Carmelo Anthony practiced with the Nuggets on Friday, returning to the team after taking eight days to mourn the death of his sister.

Anthony left the team on Dec. 22 and missed five games while helping his family deal with its loss.

"There's no place like the gym, especially when you go through tough times like I just went through," he said. "But I'm glad to be back, glad to be here. My spirits are up. The worst is over with and I'm back here and I can just focus on basketball."

Michelle Anthony, a 38-year-old mother of four, died on Dec. 21 in Baltimore. The cause of the death was not disclosed, though the Nuggets released a statement that she had died of a "pre-existing condition."

The two had talked over the phone all the time after his games.

"I'm going to miss her calling me after every game, telling me what I did wrong, telling me what I did good and giving me some encouragement. But I know she's watching," Anthony said. "I know she's looking down. I'm going to try to keep my head up high, do what I've got to do on the basketball court and continue playing like I've been playing trying to get some wins."

I hope for everyone involved that he gets traded soon. 
30t6p3b.gif
at Denver being greedy
If I was the Nuggets GM Id trade Anthony for a couple young players and 2 first round picks

I hope for everyone involved that he gets traded soon. 
30t6p3b.gif
at Denver being greedy
If I was the Nuggets GM Id trade Anthony for a couple young players and 2 first round picks

Carmelo just stay in Denver. The Nuggs are a solid playoff team that just needs to play zone during the playoffs.

Carmelo just stay in Denver. The Nuggs are a solid playoff team that just needs to play zone during the playoffs.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ad_no_interest_in_playing_for_jordan_bobcats/[/h2]
[h2]Anthony Had No Interest In Playing For Jordan, Bobcats[/h2]
Anthony_Carmelo_den_091216.jpg

Jan 01, 2011 10:30 AM EST

cha_40.gif
Michael Jordan was interested in making an offer to acquire Carmelo Anthony until the forward informed the Bobcats owner through a representative that he had no interest in playing for Charlotte or signing an extension, according to sources.

The Bobcats figured they had little chance at signing Anthony to an extension, but they explored the possibility anyway given the forward's relationship with Jordan as one of his product line's top endorsers.

Anthony will earn about $6 million this season through the Jordan brand.

Charlotte forward Gerald Wallace and Boris Diaw have drawn significant trade interest, according to sources.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...hnson_blames_social_media_for_carmelo_rumors/[/h2]
[h2]Avery Johnson Blames Social Media For Carmelo Rumors[/h2]
Dec 31, 2010 5:33 PM EST

njn_40.gif
Avery Johnson is asked often about Carmelo Anthony, who has been linked to the Nets in recent months.

Johnson hinted on Friday afternoon before New Jersey lost to Chicago that many rumors involving the trade are false.

"That's kind of what you sign up for. You're always going to have rumors about something, especially with this new social media. A long time ago there was no e-mail, Twitter, texting – so, again, all the different media publications and outlets that have emerged over the years, there's always going to be some rumors, even if they're not accurate. We all know that's why we have so many radio talk shows and all these different outlets are involved in sports.

"So whether they're accurate or not, you're always going to have rumors. Meanwhile, the main thing is a lot of our young guys that we're trying to develop that are supposedly in these trade rumors, we got to just make sure we keep developing those guys."

Johnson was referring to rookie forward Derrick Favors.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz19oFD4XhG

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ad_no_interest_in_playing_for_jordan_bobcats/[/h2]
[h2]Anthony Had No Interest In Playing For Jordan, Bobcats[/h2]
Anthony_Carmelo_den_091216.jpg

Jan 01, 2011 10:30 AM EST

cha_40.gif
Michael Jordan was interested in making an offer to acquire Carmelo Anthony until the forward informed the Bobcats owner through a representative that he had no interest in playing for Charlotte or signing an extension, according to sources.

The Bobcats figured they had little chance at signing Anthony to an extension, but they explored the possibility anyway given the forward's relationship with Jordan as one of his product line's top endorsers.

Anthony will earn about $6 million this season through the Jordan brand.

Charlotte forward Gerald Wallace and Boris Diaw have drawn significant trade interest, according to sources.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...hnson_blames_social_media_for_carmelo_rumors/[/h2]
[h2]Avery Johnson Blames Social Media For Carmelo Rumors[/h2]
Dec 31, 2010 5:33 PM EST

njn_40.gif
Avery Johnson is asked often about Carmelo Anthony, who has been linked to the Nets in recent months.

Johnson hinted on Friday afternoon before New Jersey lost to Chicago that many rumors involving the trade are false.

"That's kind of what you sign up for. You're always going to have rumors about something, especially with this new social media. A long time ago there was no e-mail, Twitter, texting – so, again, all the different media publications and outlets that have emerged over the years, there's always going to be some rumors, even if they're not accurate. We all know that's why we have so many radio talk shows and all these different outlets are involved in sports.

"So whether they're accurate or not, you're always going to have rumors. Meanwhile, the main thing is a lot of our young guys that we're trying to develop that are supposedly in these trade rumors, we got to just make sure we keep developing those guys."

Johnson was referring to rookie forward Derrick Favors.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz19oFD4XhG

Back
Top Bottom