Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Carmelo just stay in Denver. The Nuggs are a solid playoff team that just needs to play zone during the playoffs.

So what...they can't win the title and that's what Anthony wants NOW.

Carmelo just stay in Denver. The Nuggs are a solid playoff team that just needs to play zone during the playoffs.

Melo to Rockets for Battier, Scola, and some draft picks....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

I think the only thing that could keep Melo in Denver at this point is if the Nuggets get rid of George Karl. Something tells me that Melo wants to give organized basketball a try before it's too late.

I think the only thing that could keep Melo in Denver at this point is if the Nuggets get rid of George Karl. Something tells me that Melo wants to give organized basketball a try before it's too late.

If this is really true, then why would the Nets still be talking to the Nuggets? They would have to give up 3 out of the 5 first round draft picks they have plus Favors and most of the "better" players on the team anyway.

Does Melo really want to go to the Nets and help them win 7 more games in the season? He'd be going from a 45+ win team to a 25-30 win team.

This makes no sense to me at all, and everyone in the NBA thinks the same way besides the Nets. Melo would have to wait 2-3 more years till they can really contend or make the playoffs.

If this is really true, then why would the Nets still be talking to the Nuggets? They would have to give up 3 out of the 5 first round draft picks they have plus Favors and most of the "better" players on the team anyway.

Does Melo really want to go to the Nets and help them win 7 more games in the season? He'd be going from a 45+ win team to a 25-30 win team.

This makes no sense to me at all, and everyone in the NBA thinks the same way besides the Nets. Melo would have to wait 2-3 more years till they can really contend or make the playoffs.

No team (realistic team; not the NT'er scenarios of Orlando, Lakers, etc.) that gets him is winning a title now.

No team (realistic team; not the NT'er scenarios of Orlando, Lakers, etc.) that gets him is winning a title now.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Put him in the Bulls, Mavs or Knicks (nothing like the latter) and he can win in the next year or two. Those places are all better destinations than the Nets.

Put him in the Bulls, Mavs or Knicks (nothing like the latter) and he can win in the next year or two. Those places are all better destinations than the Nets.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

"If [Ken Berger] is going to make things up, the reporter should at least be honest enough to say he is making things up," Cuban said. "Not one grain of truth to anything he said."

The Bull would be tough, but they have no chance of getting him. And I believe he is going to New York, and with him, they won't even make the '12 or '13 NBA Finals.

"If [Ken Berger] is going to make things up, the reporter should at least be honest enough to say he is making things up," Cuban said. "Not one grain of truth to anything he said."

The Bull would be tough, but they have no chance of getting him. And I believe he is going to New York, and with him, they won't even make the '12 or '13 NBA Finals.

For what it's worth, Cuban says something along these lines just about every time some huge blockbuster deal is rumored... And circumstances changed last night when Caron might have blown a knee...

That said, I don't know how real a possibility it is...

For what it's worth, Cuban says something along these lines just about every time some huge blockbuster deal is rumored... And circumstances changed last night when Caron might have blown a knee...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

What realistic trade scenario could you envision happening, though? Obviously more teams than Den & Dal would have to be involved, and what would Cuban be willing to part with for a Carmelo rental?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

What realistic trade scenario could you envision happening, though? Obviously more teams than Den & Dal would have to be involved, and what would Cuban be willing to part with for a Carmelo rental?

I have no idea... When you talk about getting a third team involved, there's no telling...

But it's just not something I think you can write off with Cuban saying what he did... If the Nets would trade Favors without an extension in place, the Mavs have no hope. But I refuse to believe they'd really do that when it came down to it.

I have no idea... When you talk about getting a third team involved, there's no telling...

But it's just not something I think you can write off with Cuban saying what he did... If the Nets would trade Favors without an extension in place, the Mavs have no hope. But I refuse to believe they'd really do that when it came down to it.

So, the Denver GM needs to make moves and bring some pieces to Denver. Carmelo is too good of a player to go to another team, players need to come to Denver to ball with him!

So, the Denver GM needs to make moves and bring some pieces to Denver. Carmelo is too good of a player to go to another team, players need to come to Denver to ball with him!

IF the Knicks find a way to keep Chandler and Fields and get another big man to compliment Amare--We can make it to the Finals.

I know this is an even bigger IF, but if we manage to get CP3 or Deron Williams somehow I honestly think we'd be better than those teams in FL. With the new CBA coming up soon, I just don't know how they'll manage to get the right role players for the post season (referring to Miami). Don't get me wrong though, they're a scary looking team right now.

IF the Knicks find a way to keep Chandler and Fields and get another big man to compliment Amare--We can make it to the Finals.

I know this is an even bigger IF, but if we manage to get CP3 or Deron Williams somehow I honestly think we'd be better than those teams in FL. With the new CBA coming up soon, I just don't know how they'll manage to get the right role players for the post season (referring to Miami). Don't get me wrong though, they're a scary looking team right now.

that right there is your only chance of ever making it to the finals while Melo is in the league (granted he goes to NY).  
I feel like I'm running into more and more delusional Knicks fans; no way they make the finals if Melo went before the trade deadline 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 .  If I were a Knicks fan I would hope that Melo would ride out the season in Denver so NY doesn't have to give anything up.  If you traded away your young talent this season just to get Melo, you'd have to start building your team up yet again..it would just be easier because Melo and Amare are the staples of the team.

Even when you have Melo and Amare together, I still do not believe they will be close to as good as a team as the Heat.  Heats defense>>>>>>>>Knicks

Now if you get CP3 added into the mix, that's a different story...but you have a long ways to go Knicks fans 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom