Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Carmelo just stay in Denver. The Nuggs are a solid playoff team that just needs to play zone during the playoffs.
So what...they can't win the title and that's what Anthony wants NOW.
No team (realistic team; not the NT'er scenarios of Orlando, Lakers, etc.) that gets him is winning a title now.

Put him in the Bulls, Mavs or Knicks (nothing like the latter) and he can win in the next year or two. Those places are all better destinations than the Nets.
"If [Ken Berger] is going to make things up, the reporter should at least be honest enough to say he is making things up," Cuban said. "Not one grain of truth to anything he said."

The Bull would be tough, but they have no chance of getting him. And I believe he is going to New York, and with him, they won't even make the '12 or '13 NBA Finals.

IF the Knicks find a way to keep Chandler and Fields and get another big man to compliment Amare--We can make it to the Finals.

I know this is an even bigger IF, but if we manage to get CP3 or Deron Williams somehow I honestly think we'd be better than those teams in FL. With the new CBA coming up soon, I just don't know how they'll manage to get the right role players for the post season (referring to Miami). Don't get me wrong though, they're a scary looking team right now.
that right there is your only chance of ever making it to the finals while Melo is in the league (granted he goes to NY).  
I feel like I'm running into more and more delusional Knicks fans; no way they make the finals if Melo went before the trade deadline 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 .  If I were a Knicks fan I would hope that Melo would ride out the season in Denver so NY doesn't have to give anything up.  If you traded away your young talent this season just to get Melo, you'd have to start building your team up yet again..it would just be easier because Melo and Amare are the staples of the team.

Even when you have Melo and Amare together, I still do not believe they will be close to as good as a team as the Heat.  Heats defense>>>>>>>>Knicks

Now if you get CP3 added into the mix, that's a different story...but you have a long ways to go Knicks fans 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Carmelo just stay in Denver. The Nuggs are a solid playoff team that just needs to play zone during the playoffs.
No team (realistic team; not the NT'er scenarios of Orlando, Lakers, etc.) that gets him is winning a title now.

Put him in the Bulls, Mavs or Knicks (nothing like the latter) and he can win in the next year or two. Those places are all better destinations than the Nets.
"If [Ken Berger] is going to make things up, the reporter should at least be honest enough to say he is making things up," Cuban said. "Not one grain of truth to anything he said."

The Bull would be tough, but they have no chance of getting him. And I believe he is going to New York, and with him, they won't even make the '12 or '13 NBA Finals.

IF the Knicks find a way to keep Chandler and Fields and get another big man to compliment Amare--We can make it to the Finals.

I know this is an even bigger IF, but if we manage to get CP3 or Deron Williams somehow I honestly think we'd be better than those teams in FL. With the new CBA coming up soon, I just don't know how they'll manage to get the right role players for the post season (referring to Miami). Don't get me wrong though, they're a scary looking team right now.
that right there is your only chance of ever making it to the finals while Melo is in the league (granted he goes to NY).  
I feel like I'm running into more and more delusional Knicks fans; no way they make the finals if Melo went before the trade deadline 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 .  If I were a Knicks fan I would hope that Melo would ride out the season in Denver so NY doesn't have to give anything up.  If you traded away your young talent this season just to get Melo, you'd have to start building your team up yet again..it would just be easier because Melo and Amare are the staples of the team.

Even when you have Melo and Amare together, I still do not believe they will be close to as good as a team as the Heat.  Heats defense>>>>>>>>Knicks

Now if you get CP3 added into the mix, that's a different story...but you have a long ways to go Knicks fans 
happy.gif

And people like you were the same people who said we'd still be the same team with Amare. A lot of the games we lost was because we lacked another scorer on the team. A lot of the offensive responsibility relies on Amare and he's going to wear down quickly if he doesn't have some sort of relief.

CP3 or Deron would put us over the top, but trust me--No Knicks fans here on NT are banking on either of them coming to play.

I honestly believe even IF we had Melo and CP3 we'd still lose in the post-season, because of our lack of defense. Watch a couple of games and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

happy.gif

And people like you were the same people who said we'd still be the same team with Amare. A lot of the games we lost was because we lacked another scorer on the team. A lot of the offensive responsibility relies on Amare and he's going to wear down quickly if he doesn't have some sort of relief.

CP3 or Deron would put us over the top, but trust me--No Knicks fans here on NT are banking on either of them coming to play.

I honestly believe even IF we had Melo and CP3 we'd still lose in the post-season, because of our lack of defense. Watch a couple of games and you'll know what I'm talking about.

True. That's another thing I was thinking about; even if the all the pieces were in place, would they be able to survive while being coach by D'Antoni? I don't think so.

And even if the Knicks were not to trade for Carmelo, and just have him sign in the off-season, the Knicks still have a long way to go roster wise to become a legitimate contender. I love Fields, always been a fan of Felton and it's great to see him having success in a big market. Chandler is a great role player, each season he continues to impress me, and would be a nice third scoring option behind Melo & Stat. Gallinari has the potential to fill it up, but it way too inconsistent and isn't a player I'd want to have to depend on. The big problem I have with this team is depth, pretty much at every spot, but most importantly the 1-spot and front-court.

If the Knicks are going to be a contender D'Antoni will definitely have to be moved out, and roster upgrades will have to be made. The coaching change is easy, but upgrading the depth of the team is tough to do.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out for the NYK in the coming seasons.

True. That's another thing I was thinking about; even if the all the pieces were in place, would they be able to survive while being coach by D'Antoni? I don't think so.

And even if the Knicks were not to trade for Carmelo, and just have him sign in the off-season, the Knicks still have a long way to go roster wise to become a legitimate contender. I love Fields, always been a fan of Felton and it's great to see him having success in a big market. Chandler is a great role player, each season he continues to impress me, and would be a nice third scoring option behind Melo & Stat. Gallinari has the potential to fill it up, but it way too inconsistent and isn't a player I'd want to have to depend on. The big problem I have with this team is depth, pretty much at every spot, but most importantly the 1-spot and front-court.

If the Knicks are going to be a contender D'Antoni will definitely have to be moved out, and roster upgrades will have to be made. The coaching change is easy, but upgrading the depth of the team is tough to do.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out for the NYK in the coming seasons.

It looks like Gallinari just tore his ACL.

Melo's probably thinking that the possible addition of CP3 to the Knicks would make them title contenders. I'm not sure this is the right approach for him because there will be plenty of star players out there who will want to play next to Melo in the future. For instance, joining the Nets wouldnt be so bad because he'd already have Brook Lopez next to him, the Nets will likely have a few draft picks they could use to acquire talent through the draft or through trades, plus with their cap room they could sign some good players to fill out the squad. Going to the Knicks just because he loves NYC and wants to play with Amare and CP3 might not turn out to be the best basketball decision for him. When you compare the Knicks and Nets right now you see the Knicks are better BUT the Nets have the potential to be better than the Knicks with all their draft picks and cap room they're going to have in the very near future.

Melo + CP3 or another star free agent + Brook Lopez + fillers MAY end up being better than Melo + CP3 + Amare + fillers.

Ofcourse if I were Melo and got the chance to join a team like the Mavs I'd rather do that than take a risk and join a project in NJ or NYK.

Melo's probably thinking that the possible addition of CP3 to the Knicks would make them title contenders. I'm not sure this is the right approach for him because there will be plenty of star players out there who will want to play next to Melo in the future. For instance, joining the Nets wouldnt be so bad because he'd already have Brook Lopez next to him, the Nets will likely have a few draft picks they could use to acquire talent through the draft or through trades, plus with their cap room they could sign some good players to fill out the squad. Going to the Knicks just because he loves NYC and wants to play with Amare and CP3 might not turn out to be the best basketball decision for him. When you compare the Knicks and Nets right now you see the Knicks are better BUT the Nets have the potential to be better than the Knicks with all their draft picks and cap room they're going to have in the very near future.

Melo + CP3 or another star free agent + Brook Lopez + fillers MAY end up being better than Melo + CP3 + Amare + fillers.

Ofcourse if I were Melo and got the chance to join a team like the Mavs I'd rather do that than take a risk and join a project in NJ or NYK.

Looked reminiscent of when Kobe fell into Bynum back in '09, tearing his MCL.

Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Looked reminiscent of when Kobe fell into Bynum back in '09, tearing his MCL.

Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Lets say the Nets do keep their picks and they improve. You still think they can acquire talent through the draft? They wouldn't be getting top 3 talent in the draft i'll tell you that much. This is all based on the new CBA with their cap situation. They have plenty of money sure, but what happens when it's time to re-up on Harris and Lopez? You think they can afford Melo, Lopez and CP3?  I know they have Derrick Favors, but he is turning out to be like the Nets' Evan Turner.

There's a reason why everyone in the league is telling Melo not to go to the Nets. It's not because they just came off a 12 win season last year. They basically have the same roster as last year (close to it) and by giving up all those draft picks+Derrick Favors is just a bad recipe for a disaster. It's essentially saying they "gutted" their future for one player. If i'm NJ, I'd rather keep those 5 first-round draft picks, trade for some solid role players and go after someone during the 2012 free agent class. With Lopez continuing to develop along with Favors and w.e players you acquire through the draft or trades, you'll get that one piece to play competitive ball again.

The Nets will only improve to maybe 7-10 wins with the addition of Melo.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Lets say the Nets do keep their picks and they improve. You still think they can acquire talent through the draft? They wouldn't be getting top 3 talent in the draft i'll tell you that much. This is all based on the new CBA with their cap situation. They have plenty of money sure, but what happens when it's time to re-up on Harris and Lopez? You think they can afford Melo, Lopez and CP3?  I know they have Derrick Favors, but he is turning out to be like the Nets' Evan Turner.

There's a reason why everyone in the league is telling Melo not to go to the Nets. It's not because they just came off a 12 win season last year. They basically have the same roster as last year (close to it) and by giving up all those draft picks+Derrick Favors is just a bad recipe for a disaster. It's essentially saying they "gutted" their future for one player. If i'm NJ, I'd rather keep those 5 first-round draft picks, trade for some solid role players and go after someone during the 2012 free agent class. With Lopez continuing to develop along with Favors and w.e players you acquire through the draft or trades, you'll get that one piece to play competitive ball again.

The Nets will only improve to maybe 7-10 wins with the addition of Melo.

The Knicks could have a starting 5 of melo dwight howard cp3 deron williams and god and still wouldnt win a championship as long as 'Antoni is there.

The Knicks could have a starting 5 of melo dwight howard cp3 deron williams and god and still wouldnt win a championship as long as 'Antoni is there.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

roll.gif
this

roll.gif
this

disrespect

disrespect

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

disrespect
Not even God would be offended.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

disrespect
Not even God would be offended.

Back
Top Bottom