Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Source: Carmelo Again Tells Denver He Will Not Re-Sign
Jan 03, 2011 8:22 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
David Aldridge reports that, according to a source, Carmelo Anthony reiterated to the Nuggets last week that he has no intention of accepting their offer of a contract extension.

Previous reports indicate that Denver is very likely to trade Anthony if he does not sign the extension by the February deadline.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...lls_denver_he_will_not_re_sign/#ixzz1A2I4wOmt

is the denver staff praying for amar'e to break his leg or something? maybe he will resign then.

is the denver staff praying for amar'e to break his leg or something? maybe he will resign then.

You would think.. they should just trade the man. I believe they are milking ticket sales till the deadline..

Okay let's say Mavs wanna rent.. Who are they givin up? Butler is done.. everyone else is part of their core.. the others are not so good..

Still need to watch out for Orlando..

You would think.. they should just trade the man. I believe they are milking ticket sales till the deadline..

Okay let's say Mavs wanna rent.. Who are they givin up? Butler is done.. everyone else is part of their core.. the others are not so good..

I'm keeping my eyes on Houston. They have a good mix of expirings, young talent and draft picks. Only thing holding them back is they're in the same conference.

I'm keeping my eyes on Houston. They have a good mix of expirings, young talent and draft picks. Only thing holding them back is they're in the same conference.

I understand wanting to win a 'chip now, but stars like Melo and Chris Paul should keep in mind that the Lakers wont be on top of the West forever. Lakers, Spurs, and Mavericks are aging and the West will be up for grabs(I didnt forget about OKC) in about 4 years IF that. Like said earlier, Melo in New Jersey only results in about 7 or 8 more wins. Glad Denver actually intends to trade him though because at first I felt that they were just going to let him walk.

I understand wanting to win a 'chip now, but stars like Melo and Chris Paul should keep in mind that the Lakers wont be on top of the West forever. Lakers, Spurs, and Mavericks are aging and the West will be up for grabs(I didnt forget about OKC) in about 4 years IF that. Like said earlier, Melo in New Jersey only results in about 7 or 8 more wins. Glad Denver actually intends to trade him though because at first I felt that they were just going to let him walk.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

This question isn't directed towards this poster, but I got into an argument with a friend of mine and he said something that didn't make any sense to me.

He said the LONGER Denver waits this out the BETTER it is for them, because during the trade deadline they will be getting offers left and right. But I told him that it wouldn't work out to their favor, because if they're near the deadline, the Nuggets will have their back to the wall and be forced to take a bad trade, just because the deadline is near and they'd rather have something for Melo than nothing.

Now lets say Melo refuses to sign an extension with any team besides the Knicks, this would allow NY to offer Denver a lesser package, because Denver would rather have something than nothing. And the other teams offering Denver would back away, because no team in their right mind would give up their future for Melo, not unless they feel like they can convince him to stay. A possibility I see that can happen is Denver takes a bad offer from another team just to spite Melo and not send him to where he wants to go. This would screw him of the $20 mill.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

This question isn't directed towards this poster, but I got into an argument with a friend of mine and he said something that didn't make any sense to me.

He said the LONGER Denver waits this out the BETTER it is for them, because during the trade deadline they will be getting offers left and right. But I told him that it wouldn't work out to their favor, because if they're near the deadline, the Nuggets will have their back to the wall and be forced to take a bad trade, just because the deadline is near and they'd rather have something for Melo than nothing.

Now lets say Melo refuses to sign an extension with any team besides the Knicks, this would allow NY to offer Denver a lesser package, because Denver would rather have something than nothing. And the other teams offering Denver would back away, because no team in their right mind would give up their future for Melo, not unless they feel like they can convince him to stay. A possibility I see that can happen is Denver takes a bad offer from another team just to spite Melo and not send him to where he wants to go. This would screw him of the $20 mill.

the only issue with that is that some teams are willing to 'rent' him for half a season just for the playoffs in order to win a championship...

-denver
-lakers (maybe)
-orlando

just speculating here of course...but there's no guarantee for melo to come to the knicks in the offseason, which is the tricky part here for NY...do you give up talent NOW to get him and hope for better players in the future...or do you keep your core and add him off season (saving you about a season or two of gathering good guys to surround amare and melo)...

If i was NY i would wait until the off season....don't want chandler, galo, fields, turiaf, or felton being traded....those 5 + amare + melo = top 3 team in the East or even the league...

not to mention NY probably has some more cap space in the next few years to offer another MAX contract...maybe dwight, maybe CP, maybe deron....add any of these guys to those 7 and you got a championship contender...

also have curry's expiring contract to trade for something....

am i reaching?

the only issue with that is that some teams are willing to 'rent' him for half a season just for the playoffs in order to win a championship...

-denver
-lakers (maybe)
-orlando

just speculating here of course...but there's no guarantee for melo to come to the knicks in the offseason, which is the tricky part here for NY...do you give up talent NOW to get him and hope for better players in the future...or do you keep your core and add him off season (saving you about a season or two of gathering good guys to surround amare and melo)...

If i was NY i would wait until the off season....don't want chandler, galo, fields, turiaf, or felton being traded....those 5 + amare + melo = top 3 team in the East or even the league...

not to mention NY probably has some more cap space in the next few years to offer another MAX contract...maybe dwight, maybe CP, maybe deron....add any of these guys to those 7 and you got a championship contender...

also have curry's expiring contract to trade for something....

am i reaching?

nycknicks105:
I got into an argument with a friend of mine and he said something that didn't make any sense to me.

I'm with you, because the PLAYER is the one forcing the issue, applying the pressure. So if the trade deadline comes and they haven't traded him for some quality pieces, then they face just letting him walk this summer, getting nothing in return. Getting something in return for Melo is definitely more favorable than watching him walk, so the closer it is to Feb., the more pressure they have to make a deal.

It's not like the trade deadline is going to be a day away and teams are going to be like 'Oh, we HAVE to make a trade to get Melo or else he'll just walk away from the Nuggets this summer!' Him walking from the Nuggets wouldn't affect anyone but the Nuggets and wherever he goes... and at that point, he could go wherever and teams would make room.

Between Melo, the Nuggets, and the field, the Nuggets have FAAAAR more to lose than the other two parties if he's not traded by next month.

nycknicks105:
I got into an argument with a friend of mine and he said something that didn't make any sense to me.

I'm with you, because the PLAYER is the one forcing the issue, applying the pressure. So if the trade deadline comes and they haven't traded him for some quality pieces, then they face just letting him walk this summer, getting nothing in return. Getting something in return for Melo is definitely more favorable than watching him walk, so the closer it is to Feb., the more pressure they have to make a deal.

It's not like the trade deadline is going to be a day away and teams are going to be like 'Oh, we HAVE to make a trade to get Melo or else he'll just walk away from the Nuggets this summer!' Him walking from the Nuggets wouldn't affect anyone but the Nuggets and wherever he goes... and at that point, he could go wherever and teams would make room.

Between Melo, the Nuggets, and the field, the Nuggets have FAAAAR more to lose than the other two parties if he's not traded by next month.

Why are people still saying Orlando? They just made two huge moves, changed the entire dynamic of their roster and have nothing to give the Nuggets. Dallas is a far more plausible situation (although doubtful) than the Magic.

Why are people still saying Orlando? They just made two huge moves, changed the entire dynamic of their roster and have nothing to give the Nuggets. Dallas is a far more plausible situation (although doubtful) than the Magic.

i really don't think the nuggets would trade him in the western conference... i think he gets traded to the east even if its not the knicks

Back
Top Bottom