Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

ThrowedInDaGame wrote:
What happened to the Nets trade?
WHO?

[h1]Nets Grow Weary Of Carmelo Pursuit[/h1]
Dec 30, 2010 12:27 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
In the long-standing saga surrounding Carmelo Anthony, the Nuggets may have "overplayed their hand" in negotiations with the Nets, according to one executive, and New Jersey's front office is now in the process of "substantively" re-evaluating its pursuit of Anthony.

The Nets have been chasing Anthony for months but according to sources, New Jersey has grown "sick of the whole charade" and have "backed away."

But the Nets have not yet completely pulled out of the hunt to acquire Anthony, who is reportedly reluctant to sign a contract extension in New Jersey.

The Nuggets are expected to opt for a young roster and to try to accumulate draft picks if the team does decide to move Anthony.http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._grow_weary_of_carmelo_pursuit/#ixzz19dP4itFy

ThrowedInDaGame wrote:
What happened to the Nets trade?
WHO?

[h1]Nets Grow Weary Of Carmelo Pursuit[/h1]
Dec 30, 2010 12:27 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
In the long-standing saga surrounding Carmelo Anthony, the Nuggets may have "overplayed their hand" in negotiations with the Nets, according to one executive, and New Jersey's front office is now in the process of "substantively" re-evaluating its pursuit of Anthony.

The Nets have been chasing Anthony for months but according to sources, New Jersey has grown "sick of the whole charade" and have "backed away."

But the Nets have not yet completely pulled out of the hunt to acquire Anthony, who is reportedly reluctant to sign a contract extension in New Jersey.

The Nuggets are expected to opt for a young roster and to try to accumulate draft picks if the team does decide to move Anthony.http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._grow_weary_of_carmelo_pursuit/#ixzz19dP4itFy

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Y! Sources: Denver pushing New Jersey for five first-round picks in a Carmelo Anthony package. http://tinyurl.com/2bb9lru

[h1]Nuggets want five picks for ’Melo[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

The Denver Nuggets believe the New Jersey Nets are so desperate to make a deal for Carmelo Anthony(notes) that they’re holding firm on a trade demand of five future first-round draft picks as part of a package to land the All-Star forward, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

“Denver needs to get real,

Y! Sources: Denver pushing New Jersey for five first-round picks in a Carmelo Anthony package. http://tinyurl.com/2bb9lru

wojnarowski.png

The Denver Nuggets believe the New Jersey Nets are so desperate to make a deal for Carmelo Anthony(notes) that they’re holding firm on a trade demand of five future first-round draft picks as part of a package to land the All-Star forward, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Originally Posted by h3at23

wojnarowski.png

Originally Posted by h3at23

wojnarowski.png

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by playmaker86

Originally Posted by air max 87

Been kinda hoping someone would start a post like this. I hope he ends up in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in LA (Lakers) with all their recent problems
Lakers would have to give up Staples Center for that !##$%, +$*! outta here with that outlandish trade speculation.
really? like the gasol trade?
it can happen once, it can happen again... 

would i like to see him the a lakers uni? no, i like to see the NBA good from top to bottom, not just the super teams...

the knicks being good again is great for basketball, the magic made a move, now its time for new york.... 
The Gasol trade is nowhere near blockbuster as a Melo to LA trade. Don't be dumb, you really think Denver gonna give up there best player to a team they have struggled against in the playoffs? I take that back, you're being dumb.

dumb because we have a difference of opinion?
laugh.gif
child please
doesnt matter what denver does at this point, send melo or keep him, their gonna struggle 
Exactly. This guy is acting like it couldnt happen. Get out yo chest bruh
laugh.gif
. And you mean to tell me that if all other trade options fail, Denver wouldnt take Artest/Odom or Bynum??? Could be just me, but that's the most value you could get.

Annnnnnnnd they still couldn't beat LA in the playoffs. Melo is better than Odom and Artest combined. LA would NOT give up Bynum and if they did, they still would beat Nuggets in playoffs. Thank god you're not a GM of a team. 

Its not about winning. Its about the Nuggets getting the most value for their Franchise player idiot. Obviously the Nuggets know they're going to take a step back with Melo not re-signing with them, so they're trying to get the most value out of any trade they do.

Been kinda hoping someone would start a post like this. I hope he ends up in New York, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in LA (Lakers) with all their recent problems
Lakers would have to give up Staples Center for that !##$%, +$*! outta here with that outlandish trade speculation.
really? like the gasol trade?
it can happen once, it can happen again... 

would i like to see him the a lakers uni? no, i like to see the NBA good from top to bottom, not just the super teams...

the knicks being good again is great for basketball, the magic made a move, now its time for new york.... 
The Gasol trade is nowhere near blockbuster as a Melo to LA trade. Don't be dumb, you really think Denver gonna give up there best player to a team they have struggled against in the playoffs? I take that back, you're being dumb.

dumb because we have a difference of opinion?
laugh.gif
child please
doesnt matter what denver does at this point, send melo or keep him, their gonna struggle 
Exactly. This guy is acting like it couldnt happen. Get out yo chest bruh
laugh.gif
. And you mean to tell me that if all other trade options fail, Denver wouldnt take Artest/Odom or Bynum??? Could be just me, but that's the most value you could get.

Annnnnnnnd they still couldn't beat LA in the playoffs. Melo is better than Odom and Artest combined. LA would NOT give up Bynum and if they did, they still would beat Nuggets in playoffs. Thank god you're not a GM of a team. 

Its not about winning. Its about the Nuggets getting the most value for their Franchise player idiot. Obviously the Nuggets know they're going to take a step back with Melo not re-signing with them, so they're trying to get the most value out of any trade they do.

The Nuggets are %$%$% up. 
laugh.gif

They about to get nothing in return for Melo only for him to sign w/ the Knickerbockers.

The Nuggets are %$%$% up. 
laugh.gif

They about to get nothing in return for Melo only for him to sign w/ the Knickerbockers.

Did an fruitless (and extremely short) search to find NBA trades with more than 2 first round picks.

Best I could find:
From the Ewing trade, New York received a first-round pick from L.A. and a first-round pick, and two second-round picks from Seattle. (Players also, of course)

Back
Top Bottom