Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
How wearable are 2001 Royals? I've been thinking about grabbing a pair but not sure how long they would last seeing that its such an old shoe. Or would I be better off with the 2013 pair even though I heard the quality is worse? Thanks in advance.

Best thing about 1s is that they are tanks.  no crumbling of the sole.  The rubber might be a little oxidized and the nike air buble wont have much life left into it but you can wear the heck out of em.  I have 94 chi's, 85 breds, and 01 royals I wear them all pretty frequently and I've had the royals and breds since 2011.

Best thing about 1s is that they are tanks.  no crumbling of the sole.  The rubber might be a little oxidized and the nike air buble wont have much life left into it but you can wear the heck out of em.  I have 94 chi's, 85 breds, and 01 royals I wear them all pretty frequently and I've had the royals and breds since 2011.
yup that's one of the benefits of 1s

and if youre a real stickler about the air bubble, you can always do a sole swap. not many go this route, but 1s are probably one of the easiest shoes to swap.

Got these in today....... Quality is meh, not special at all. Mine look like the toe perforations didn't get punched out all the way, it's white under the holes. Toe cap is decent quality but the top of the toe feels odd.

So let me tell a little story.
About a week ago I mentioned casually that I still needed black toes. Strangely enough, I got a very nice offer from an NTer to buy his. It was a great deal. Then, I was hit with an even better deal from yet another NTer. I was just astonished by the kindness and generosity shown here.
So anyway, very special thanks to k20lee k20lee and @babyJs23. This pair is from babyjs and it still looks ds.
Please consider this a vouch for both these guys. They're what makes Nt a special place. There's other guys from before as well (Chavez, drewbrzy and several others), and I really want to thank all of you.
Anyway, after 3 years, I finally got me a pair.

These are in amazing shape. Dude really knows how to take care of these.
Thanks again to the non greedy NT!!
here's the red trifecta.

So let me tell a little story.
About a week ago I mentioned casually that I still needed black toes. Strangely enough, I got a very nice offer from an NTer to buy his. It was a great deal. Then, I was hit with an even better deal from yet another NTer. I was just astonished by the kindness and generosity shown here.
So anyway, very special thanks to @K20Lee and @babyJs23. This pair is from babyjs and it still looks ds.
Please consider this a vouch for both these guys. They're what makes Nt a special place. There's other guys from before as well (Chavez, drewbrzy and several others), and I really want to thank all of you.
Anyway, after 3 years, I finally got me a pair.
These are in amazing shape. Dude really knows how to take care of these.
Thanks again to the non greedy NT!!
here's the red trifecta.
Wow, congrats! They look awesome

There's a few I still need to get. I need to start by size swapping my UNC for a smaller size.

For the folks with SBB, do they fit big like the UNC or TTS like every other 1?

Tomorrow I have to decide between DSMs or Lettermans.

Just need to figure out if Lettermans will be still available after a couple weeks

Tomorrow I have to decide between DSMs or Lettermans.

Just need to figure out if Lettermans will be still available after a couple weeks

dsm. They are much nicer imo. Lettermans will probably sell like cyber Monday. Pre orders are basically retail+ Tax + shipping so I don't see them moving quickly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom