OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
N41D N41D Let CDC and the BMD @ UT know that I am available to hire. I guarantee we will have the #1 recruiting classes for the 1st 3* years of my tenure and at least one B12 championship. In addition, since UT is better than TAMU I will allow them to pay me more than what TAMU paid Jimbo.

Bru McCoy on playing defense:

"It's a scheme thing, we definitely do run the type of scheme where I feel like it could be a possibility. But given the shortness of the (2020) season that kind of impacted it," he said. "I don't have any preference, like I said, wherever I could help the team most. If that did happen to be called upon me I would absolutely step up. But you know I'm not going around asking."

The redshirt freshman touched on the topic again during his Trojans Live appearance on Tuesday evening. McCoy was asked how he came to choose wide receiver over linebacker. Again the door was left open.

"I think partially some of it has to do with the short preparation needed for this season, so maybe I never really got the opportunity to look at the other side of the ball," he said. "And also I mean we are super deep on defense, especially at the position. We made some changes to a lot of guys are playing 'backer now. I'd love to play defense. Literally just want to be on the field, doesn't matter where."

N41D N41D casper90403 casper90403 dacomeup dacomeup since I think y'all have discussed it before

I get all of that. But does Texas even have to rely on Texas kids? That’s a national name brand on a level that TAMU isn’t, regardless of conference affiliation. Texas kids seem a little bandwagon-ish like Florida kids, they’re just riding with whatever is hot. Getting the right guy in there likely doesn’t completely stop the state from hemorrhaging talent to the elites, but it could definitely slow it. Even with all of the dysfunction, is Texas really that far away?
The one run they've really had over the last 3 decades almost every starter up and down the roster was from Texas.

They've only really started recruiting nationally with any real effort since Charlie... Before that they just owned the state and Mack locked it down. So I kinda think that's hard to say with any real certainty. I think they'd struggle to pull kids from the East/Southeast... Would have to feed off the West Coast.

I think they're further away than we probably realize right now. From winning the BigXII? Probably not, but from actually being truly competitive at a level that matters? No shot.

Bru McCoy on playing defense:

"It's a scheme thing, we definitely do run the type of scheme where I feel like it could be a possibility. But given the shortness of the (2020) season that kind of impacted it," he said. "I don't have any preference, like I said, wherever I could help the team most. If that did happen to be called upon me I would absolutely step up. But you know I'm not going around asking."

The redshirt freshman touched on the topic again during his Trojans Live appearance on Tuesday evening. McCoy was asked how he came to choose wide receiver over linebacker. Again the door was left open.

"I think partially some of it has to do with the short preparation needed for this season, so maybe I never really got the opportunity to look at the other side of the ball," he said. "And also I mean we are super deep on defense, especially at the position. We made some changes to a lot of guys are playing 'backer now. I'd love to play defense. Literally just want to be on the field, doesn't matter where."

N41D N41D casper90403 casper90403 dacomeup dacomeup since I think y'all have discussed it before
He's a linebacker. He's always been a linebacker.

Anybody that was selling him on receiver should be fired and not allowed to consult kids on their football futures.

The one run they've really had over the last 3 decades almost every starter up and down the roster was from Texas.

They've only really started recruiting nationally with any real effort since Charlie... Before that they just owned the state and Mack locked it down. So I kinda think that's hard to say with any real certainty. I think they'd struggle to pull kids from the East/Southeast... Would have to feed off the West Coast.

I think they're further away than we probably realize right now. From winning the BigXII? Probably not, but from actually being truly competitive at a level that matters? No shot.
Yea, I feel like the landscape is changing completely though. Even a school like UGA who is probably in one of the top 5 states with respect to talent, builds national recruiting classes each year. Texas probably can do that to a lesser extent and still com out well.

But agreed, probably further away from beating Bama/Clemson/OSU, but much closer to consistently beating OU and winning the conf, which is how you catapult to that next level.

I want so badly for Texas to fire Herman, thinking they're going to hire Urban, and then end up with Mike Gundy.

Gundy would be a solid hire, and a guy whose floor is at least a lot higher than Herman, since we've already seen what he can do in that conference.

Not to troll either, but Urban to Texas does not sound that crazy. Does anyone actually believe he's not going to come back at some point? The political hurdles that existed at SC are not going to be there at UT.

Yikes. The big 10 schedule is already falling apart. I don't know what they were thinking when they didn't schedule any open dates to move games around. Now the conference is denying Nebraska the opportunity to schedule a makeup game.

I don’t think a single B1G team will finish with 8 games. These Covid precautions/procedures they put in are extreme. Especially the fact someone who tested positive is out for 21 days...Kevin Warren is an idiot

Texas boards must be great entertainment right now.

Who does tO$U have on their QB depth chart right now? witnesskb24 witnesskb24

And didn't they just have a recruit organized Columbus weekend? Would make sense why all these recruiting hacks are geeking over your recruiting right now. Same things happened with UGA, LSU, SC after their weekends.

Fields
Hoak
Stroud
Miller III

If I remember correctly Miller was the only one who saw the field after fields was taken out against Nebraska

Somebody on Gundy's level isn't walking into that cesspool right now.

It's a wreck.

They've aimed Urban/Saban/Kyle Shanahan the last two searches and ended up with Charlie Strong and Herman. They'll end up in that tier again.
I’ve read enough stuff over years and i still believe to this day that Texas & Nick Saban was a done deal in 2013 & Mack blew it up. If they really want Urban then they should do whatever they can to get him. This is what a AD like CDC was brought in for.

CanMt wait for the tweet tomorrow telling us it was a false positive and Sunshine is byke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom