OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way one of the 247 dudes who is friends with Walden was openly quoting him talking about how Jay Hopson and the other coaches had totally lost the players (after he was named HC) and there was no buy in told me Walden didn't care about burning bridges or sticking around there. The 247 guy even started the sentence like, "I shouldn't really speak on this... aw what the hell at this point I don't think it matters. I'm friends with Scotty and he told me..."

As such, his leaving isn't a shock, but the timing seems odd.

Link?

I think it was in one of those 247 podcasts. I doubt I'd be able to find it now, but it was earlier in the season after Hopson got fired and they didn't really have anything else to talk about. They talked about the So. Miss job for a bit.

Edit: From what I remembered it sounded like he was saying the coaching staff had lost the team and the players were checked out. It sounded like he was blaming the coaches more than the players. But... he was one of those coaches. So were the other guys now under him :lol: Maybe he meant now he was running things had changed but it seemed weirdly honest if the writer was quoting him accurately.

Last edited:
Ahhhh ok

LSU fans are starting to turn on Eddie O, when Sage Ryan (Kevin & Trev Faulk’s nephew) commits to Bama I’m sure the fire will be stoked even more

Ahhhh ok

LSU fans are starting to turn on Eddie O, when Sage Ryan (Kevin & Trev Faulk’s nephew) commits to Bama I’m sure the fire will be stoked even more
There was a real movement to fire him after 2018 despite winning a lot because he kept losing to bama. If he’d lost to Bama last year he may have been gone.

He was allegedly also starting toconsider other schools as sort of a Sark “go before you’re fired” move.

H
Ahhhh ok

He’s going to be the next Gene Chizik unfortunately. He’s got to cut his losses with Peleni after this season.

He’s going to be the next Gene Chizik unfortunately. He’s got to cut his losses with Peleni after this season.
Agreed. But then how does he recruit defense and what if he’s in this same situation next year.

surprisingly Ensminger has been delivering on the offense.

I get it. Hr went from an offense where he was the bellcow back to an offense where they don't run the ball at all.
I'm sure it's frustrating watching your quarterbacks turn the ball over seven times in a single game when you could utilize your all SEC running back.

Last edited:
Damn, Flowe is "eating well."

0A62CB8F-B7EE-479B-A19F-590E30954FEE_1_201_a.jpeg

This is why it was stupid for the Big ten to start so late and try to play all of their games with no bye weeks. They don't have any built-in time to shift games like the other conferences do. Even a handful of canceled games can ruin the entire schedule.

Big Ten's rule is players are out 21 days. Gonna be interesting here what happens to Wisconsin.

6 players and 6 coaches so far are positive.

The Big Ten requires teams to play at least six games to qualify for the division championship, unless the average number of games by all league teams drops below six. In that case, teams must play no less than two fewer games than the average number by all teams to be considered for the division championship.

Leach is hemorrhaging players.

O is losing a couple more to transfer out of LSU.

Wild times.

Let's see how long Mike Leach's "my way or the highway" approach works. I give him two years after this before he bolts

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis it was Brandon Marcelo speaking on Walden.

They talk about So. Miss again today and he mentioned what “his friend” said and the host also mentions “your friend.” Last time he explicitly said he was friends with Walden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom