OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so frustrated with what we have I'll take anything...
Why? Orlando did a good job this year. Like a really good job.

Not to mention he got Foreman and we're leading for Raesjon Davis.

I'll say this, and casper90403 casper90403 will be furious at me for defending Helton in any way, but the issue this season was the lack of a run game, and that's all on Harrell not Helton. We saw Helton run the ball great with RoJo. He doesn't want to throw it 40x a game. Overall our offense was good this year, but you can't win without running the ball and we were 120th in the country rushing. That's Harrell and the air raid.

I'm ready for Graham to go take that Arizona HC job (Sorry AZwildcats AZwildcats ) so we can go get a power spread OC.

Surprised Brent Brennan hasn’t been brought up more about getting a bigger gig. What he’s done at SJSU is nothing short of admirable. Outperformed Cal and Stanford who are only minutes away, defeated BSU for the first time in school history, won the MWC for the first time in school history, developed pro talent like a Brandin Cooks, Markus Wheaton, and James Rodgers. Whoever lands him will be a lucky program.

Surprised Brent Brennan hasn’t been brought up more about getting a bigger gig. What he’s done at SJSU is nothing short of admirable. Outperformed Cal and Stanford who are only minutes away, defeated BSU for the first time in school history, won the MWC for the first time in school history, developed pro talent like a Brandin Cooks, Markus Wheaton, and James Rodgers. Whoever lands him will be a lucky program.
He’s getting brought up but it’s a covid year and major schools are hesitant about the FBS one hit wonder.

Some G5’s called him and he passed. I think his name has come up with Arizona.

So he’s on the hot seat, under Title IX Investigation and they’re hiring half of a staff while being cheap? They might as well have fired him if they want to set him up to fail :lol:

Dopey Dan can't eem drop the bags off correctly. Should just be a coordinator.

Getting caught cheating for recruits that you don't even land seems like a UF tradition, word to Calvin Ridley a few years back.

Interesting piece on which college football teams do the best and worst jobs of developing talent over the last two decades. Their methodology isn't perfect but it's still an interesting looking things. I'm not surprised that there are so many SEC teams on the "worst" list and none on the "best" list. Even lower tier SEC teams that don't win a lot of games are still supremely talented compared to the rest of the country. For example, even the worst Tennessee teams that were sub .500 still had top 25 talent. The SEC teams that are high in the polls are almost always equally high in the recruiting rankings.

“These scores represent the improvement (or decline) in rankings for college football teams when their recruiting class rankings for 2000-2017 are compared to their ranking for the total number of players drafted in the NFL from 2003-2020.”

The best:
  1. Iowa: 26
  2. Utah: 25
  3. Wisconsin: 21
  4. Louisville: 15
  5. TCU: 13
  6. Boston College: 12
  7. Purdue: 11
  8. Oregon St: 10
  9. North Carolina State: 10
  10. Oregon State: 10
The worst: