OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why people are complaining about Notre Dame being in. Would you prefer to watch Alabama destroy the Aggies again?

Notre Dame LOL

Interested to hear the rationalization.

“We saw what happened when they played Clemson at full strength, but that limp away win over Clemson’s B team earlier this year has to count for something!”
I don’t know how some people watch ESPN all day. Had this on for 10 minutes and these guys are ******* clueless. Wanna talk about A&M getting blown out by Bama in week 2 then 3 minutes later talk about how Oklahoma isn’t the same team that started 1-2 with losses to a team that got beat by Louisiana and ****** Kansas State.

I don't see why people are complaining about Notre Dame being in. Would you prefer to watch Alabama destroy the Aggies again?
I’m not saying Bama wouldn’t beat A&M. They would.

But what’s a better barometer for where we are today? A game A&M played 10 weeks ago - against an Alabama WITH another Top 15 pick at receiver - or what we just watched happen to Notre Dame last night where they couldn’t score until Clemson pulled starters off the field?

If you take the G5 games the ACC got to play, the resumes are basically identical. They keep banging the WINS OVER .500 TEAMS drum. Notre Dame beat 4, and two of them were only over .500 because they got to play an extra cupcake game.

These guys on ESPN acting like it’s clear and definitive bothers me more than actually not getting in.

But what’s a better barometer for where we are today? A game A&M played 10 weeks ago, or what we just watched happen to Notre Dame last night where they couldn’t score until Clemson pulled starters off the field?

If you take the G5 games the ACC got to play, the resumes are basically identical. They keep banging the WINS OVER .500 TEAMS drum. Notre Dame beat 4, and two of them were only over .500 because they got to play an extra cupcake game.

These guys on ESPN acting like it’s clear and definitive bothers me more than actually not getting in.

they really shoulda gone with like a 12 team playoff.. give first 2 seeds byes, Alabama and Clemson

shoulda capped every team’s schedule at like 8 or 9.. and then do a playoff

but at least we get to see someone new in A&M then knowing we going see notre dame get molly whooped, again

would rather see Florida vs say osu or Clemson or even Norte dame.. then seeing Norte dame vs bama

But what’s a better barometer for where we are today? A game A&M played 10 weeks ago - against an Alabama WITH another Top 15 pick at receiver - or what we just watched happen to Notre Dame last night where they couldn’t score until Clemson pulled starters off the field?

I'm definitely not here stumping for Notre Dame but I don't understand the outcry from A&M fans. Do you think Texas A&M is a different team than they were when they played Alabama the first time? I really don't think so, they've looked very beatable throughout the season, It's not like they're peeking now or anything. They look like the same good but not great team they've been all season. If A&M played Alabama again, we'd see another four touchdown beating.

Reactions: MVP
The BCS was a mess. I didn't like the fact that it was based solely on a computer formula and the human component was taken out of it.

It wasn't at the end of it though. They added the human element with the polls being a part of the formula. The Bama-LSU rematch in the title game is what accelerated the playoff coming to fruition.

I'm definitely not here stumping for Notre Dame but I don't understand the outcry from A&M fans. Do you think Texas A&M is a different team than they were when they played Alabama the first time? I really don't think so, they've looked very beatable throughout the season, It's not like they're peeking now or anything. They look like the same good but not great team they've been all season. If A&M played Alabama again, we'd see another four touchdown beating.
Yes. The defense is significantly better than it was week 1 and 2. Bama would still beat us by 28 if we played again though.

I'm definitely not here stumping for Notre Dame but I don't understand the outcry from A&M fans. Do you think Texas A&M is a different team than they were when they played Alabama the first time? I really don't think so, they've looked very beatable throughout the season, It's not like they're peeking now or anything. They look like the same good but not great team they've been all season.
I don’t think there’s any question they’re better now than they were Week 2. They’re giving up 10 points a game over the last month of the year. They’re pounding people to death in the run game. The LSU game is the one ugly one, but it was pouring rain from the jump. But they’re physically dominating everyone they’ve played since Florida.

Are they good enough to beat Bama, probably not. But there’s certainly enough to look at and say they’re every bit as good as Notre Dame.

If your argument is “Has A&M really gotten better?”, you’re not watching games and you’re checking scores. Particularly the last month or so, they’re physically overwhelming teams in the trenches.

Say what you want about Dabo, but you gotta give that ******* props for taking Herbie’s not very good kids and creating his own ESPN propaganda talking head every CFB show.

Definitely a receiver. A Gates comparison is way off :lol:. Pitts can’t in-line block at all. He’s going to be split out to be effective.

I think you use him all over the place.. but if a team drafts him trying use him like a inline traditional TE, then that’s on them

we seeing it play out right now with Evan engram

but dude definitely is a receiver/h back.. you should be motioning dude all over the place and lining him up at dinferent spots trying get mismatches vs LBs or safeties or smaller slot CB

force defenses to have to account for dude on every play with matchups

Pitts blocking definitely improved a lot this year.

Have no idea who's winning the Heisman either.

:lol: Nebraska the only reason the Big10 every played a season and now they’re turning down bowl games.

Makes no sense :lol:

Thats god awful B1G for you though.

Kevin Warren will pass Larry Scott as the biggest idiot here soon

I think you use him all over the place.. but if a team drafts him trying use him like a inline traditional TE, then that’s on them

we seeing it play out right now with Evan engram

but dude definitely is a receiver/h back.. you should be motioning dude all over the place and lining him up at dinferent spots trying get mismatches vs LBs or safeties or smaller slot CB

force defenses to have to account for dude on every play with matchups
So you’re agreeing he’s not a TE :lol:. Definitely a valuable piece to be used as an offensive weapon. He’s probably a souped up Funchess if we’re being completely honestly, which isn’t a knock at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom