OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The used car salesmen is a better coach than Helton.

The guy took Vandy to three bowls, and won 9 games twice. Most P5 coaches wouldn’t be able to do that.

The used car salesmen is a better coach than Helton.

The guy took Vandy to three bowls, and won 9 games twice. Most P5 coaches wouldn’t be able to do that.

That’s great. His two to four losses a year is exactly what this fan base *****es and moans about every year. Eeking our wins against lesser comp? *****ing and moaning.

What says he’d suddenly start going undefeated/winning chips if he came to SC?

He also lost to Helton head to head, so there’s that.

Yes, a close bowl game that is virtually a home game for SC is a great sample size to evaluate from.

Not the fact that Helton would be lucky to be the HC at Memphis if it wasn’t for Sark falling off the wagon and Haden’s incompetence, and how dude would probably be out the door right now if he didnt have Darnold.

Franklin is a sleazy cornball, but he has proven that he can coach. Is he elite? No, but he’d be doing a better job than Helton at SC right now.

Yes, a close bowl game that is virtually a home game for SC is a great sample size to evaluate from.

Not the fact that Helton would be lucky to be the HC at Memphis if it wasn’t for Sark falling off the wagon and Haden’s incompetence, and how dude would probably be out the door right now if he didnt have Darnold.

Franklin is a sleazy cornball, but he has proven that he can coach. Is he elite? No, but he’d be doing a better job than Helton at SC right now.

I think you’re missing my point. I’m not arguing that Franklin is a bad coach. He killed it at Vandy and is doing great at PSU.

But would Franklin win a national championship if he was the SC coach this year? If not then what’s the point of trading for him? This fan base wants Helton gone right now and USC is favored in its next two games whoever the opponent is. He could go 12-2 and they’d still want him fired.

So would James Franklin win a national championship with this roster? He can’t even win the Big 10 East in a down year with that roster.

So hire him, for what?

Last edited:

xrxuWU

GRMLCH

The silver lining though, is Mora out means Rosen is definitely gone. They’re family friends and he’s only in Westwood because of Mora.

I’m not scared of Modster.

he was never coming back anyways. and family friend or not mora and UCLA better be happy david shaw was on his high horse and didnt offer rosen.

DTR got next :pimp:

would be such a UCLA move

Penn State doesn't have the talent that OSU has. Don't think Franklin not winning the East this year says anything about him.

Penn State doesn't have the talent that OSU has. Don't think Franklin not winning the East this year says anything about him.

Yep their OL is still super trash, and their secondary can be exposed if you have the guys.

PSU is a good job but not a great one. It’s not 1990 anymore, the talent in PA like the rest region isn’t what it once was. And even when it was, a lot of the talent in PA is from WPA which is not PSU country. When PSU was cooking it was with EPA, NJ, DMV, and the best kids from the North East.

I don’t want Helton. I didn’t want Helton. But I also don’t believe in change for the sake of change.

If you’re not pulling a homerun hire, of which I don’t think Franklin is, then what’s the point?

Considering Franklin is from PA, and called PSU his dream job, I wonder if he’d even consider any other gig.

Back
Top Bottom