Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Dirk. Went where Larry Bird, Jerry West, John Havlicek, Rick Barry and John Stockton didn't.

The impressive thing is that he did it while entering the league at almost 21, which is relatively old for a rookie, having a rough start as a European player, and having a career high ppg season of 26.6, which is pretty low for someone who reached 30k. Did it through sheer consistency and longevity.

While on the subject of Dirk I really hope the Mavs pay the guy this summer. Either pick up the team option or decline it and pay him anyways.

Russ has to go on a assist tear if he wants that triple double average.

Imagine if he ends the season at 31.5, 10.3, and 9.8 :smh:

Russ has to go on a assist tear if he wants that triple double average.

Imagine if he ends the season at 31.5, 10.3, and 9.8 :smh:

Oscar-Robertson-headshot.jpg

I don't think there's anything to worry about. He wants it and the whole team supports it. They've already got Rondo on retainer for consultations

Sad Westbrook playing with a bunch of bums.... the man does it all and still can't get a win. He playing with a bunch of high school ballers it seems.

Washington bout to have their first 50 win season in how long :wow:

Unless they poop the bed and can't go at least 12-8 in their last 20 games :smh:

Russ almost shot more than the whole team combined :wow: :rofl:
OKC's record when he gets a triple double >>> putting up 30+ shots

Last edited:
Someone could of slipped on that while back peddling. Harambe did the correct thing. It's just like wiping down a wet spot for a worker

From a basketball perspective I feel bad for all of Westbrooks teammates. Can't even imagine watching my teammate shoot the ball 39 times in a loss.

Wonder what the thought process of Taj and Doug was when they got to OKC and realized the gameplan was to let Russ chase triple doubles and then win?

There is no way Russ can generate 10+ ast right now in the current scheme.

Below is a spread that shows his avg for the season@10ast, for the last week (4 games which are all L's go figure)@6.8ast and last 2 weeks (7 games)@9.3ast.
View media item 2360236Obviously it's the last week or 4 games that something has changed.

That change is hella post play.
Looking at Kanters touches in the post is :wow: right now.
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know operating out of the post is going to stop all ball movement and leave 4 guys with their hands down their pants as Kanter dribble dribble dribbles until the double team collapses and he kicks out for the shot.

Now, the goal is to win not get Russ to a TD avg so don't change the scheme to accommodate that but, you take 4 straight L's, so change it for that, come on now....that can't be the whole offense when Kanter is in, and it has been.

I'm confident Donovan will get it right soon, and I think we have enough weaponry to compete with good teams and handle the avg teams, schematics is all.

Russ though, man he can kiss that Season TD avg goodbye, that there is a wrap it seems.

Last edited:
From a basketball perspective I feel bad for all of Westbrooks teammates. Can't even imagine watching my teammate shoot the ball 39 times in a loss.

Wonder what the thought process of Taj and Doug was when they got to OKC and realized the gameplan was to let Russ chase triple doubles and then win?

Creating for yourself and others at a high level is now considered stat chasing... nevermind the fact that the roster lacks high level playmaking outside of this guy and need him to look for others..... which he does.

Claims of "assist hunting" when the whole idea of playing point guard is sometimes turning down shots for yourself to give your teammate a good look.

Chris Paul has that open 17 footer/8-10 foot floater alllllllll game long but he doesn't take it.

48pts...

On 15 shots......

24/24 from the like.

3 missed shots the entire damn game :lol:.

Dirk tapped into another realm in the 2011 playoffs. Forever will be one of the most exhilarating playoff runs I've witnessed.

No hyperbole, I think it's the best run I've seen. Lebrons finals run was incredible, but only 7 games...

Dirk did EVERYBODY dirty those playoffs...it was a thing of beauty...

Such a high peak on an amazing career...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom