Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami had no business being 20 games under .500 or whatever it was, but going 19-4 is just as ridiculous :lol:

Interesting article the other day featuring James Johnson about the culture down there:

The before and after story of James Johnson’s physical transformation

“It was weird to me – really weird to me,” said Johnson, a former first round pick of Chicago back in 2009, who in his first seven years in the league with the Bulls, Raptors, Kings, Grizzlies and Hawks had never been asked by the team's strength and conditioning coaches to pose shirtless for a photo.

“I thought I was going to be the only [player to do it] because I came in something huge... But then I ran through their iPad. It was like a magazine, a list of their accomplishments with other players and I saw it with my own eyes. And from what I saw on that iPad, I wanted to change myself.”

Of all the photos that stood out, Johnson said, it was that of seven-time All-Star and former Heat guard Joe Johnson, 35, who joined the team in late February of last season and was part of the Heat’s run to within a victory of the Eastern Conference Finals, which made the biggest impression on him.

“That’s because he came in with the Miami Heat so late and was still able to change his body like that,” James Johnson said. “It has a lot to do with the player, but all the compliments and all the rewards should go to the Forans.

Last Wednesday, before the Heat crushed the Sixers and Johnson scored 14 points in the win, the Forans left another set of before and after photos of Johnson at his locker. On the left was the pudgy, 274-pound guy with 14.5 percent body fat who signed a one-year, $4 million deal with the Heat. On the right was the photo of a chiseled, six-pack sporting Johnson from earlier in the afternoon.

“One of my happiest moments,” Johnson said last Friday in Orlando when he was asked about the set of photos. “And I'm not finished. I’m 238 [pounds] right now and 6.75 [percent body fat]. So, I’m just going to keep going, see how far it takes me. I feel like that the more I lose the more I unleash skills that I didn't think I was capable of having or doing.”

“This culture is real,” Johnson said.
Link

Last edited:
What could have been with OKC...had 3 of the top-10 players in the NBA on one roster. And all we got left are hypotheticals. Sam Presti was looked at as a genius at one point. Thunder gonna make a fascinating 30 for 30 in a few years.

Crazy that OKC had all the opportunity in the world to overtake Memphis for the 6th seed and dropped the ball 4 times in a row.

Crazy that OKC had all the opportunity in the world to overtake Memphis for the 6th seed and dropped the ball 4 times in a row.

Memphis still only a game ahead in the loss column. They've been struggling as well. OKC should be at the 5 seed at worst right now, really tied at 4 with Utah.

Last edited:
Anybody between 4-7 could be in any other slot right now :lol:

Memphis should've been in 4th right now, but they not.

I had a bet with someone on here about a team finishing in the bottom 4... forget what the bet was

But write that in stone

Edit: it was Miami finishing in the bottom 5 or 4

You just wanna pay me now?
Miami had no business being 20 games under .500 or whatever it was, but going 19-4 is just as ridiculous
laugh.gif
It's not ridiculous

Since I posted "pay me now" on 1/4/2016 (they were 11-26), Heat have gone 20-8. To add insult to injury, the Heat won the game on 1/4/16

NT jinx is undefeated

Last edited:
Since I posted "pay me now" on 1/4/2016 (they were 11-26), Heat have gone 20-8. To add insult to injury, the Heat won the game on 1/4/16

NT jinx is undefeated

You were in your bag but the bag had a hole in it apparently.

Really didn't think Bojan would add this much value to the Wizards. They might catch up with Boston at this rate.

John Wall has a stacked team. No excuse to not make the finals

What could have been with OKC...had 3 of the top-10 players in the NBA on one roster. And all we got left are hypotheticals. Sam Presti was looked at as a genius at one point. Thunder gonna make a fascinating 30 for 30 in a few years.
OKC will probably never do a 30 for 30 because they keep things under wraps. :lol:

NT jinx is undefeated

You were in your bag but the bag had a hole in it apparently.

Really didn't think Bojan would add this much value to the Wizards. They might catch up with Boston at this rate.

If Mahinmi can return to his form for last year, that would really solidify the interior defense - which is something Gortat struggles with. I just hope that this team can keep their health. If they can, I don't see why an appearance in the ECF isn't out of the question.

From Le Batard...

Which seems more fun: Being Russell Westbrook's teammate or Brook Lopez?

If Mahinmi can return to his form for last year, that would really solidify the interior defense - which is something Gortat struggles with. I just hope that this team can keep their health. If they can, I don't see why an appearance in the ECF isn't out of the question.

I was being a bit sardonic but It's definitely between you guys and Boston. The east playoffs should be entertaining this year.

Are y'all taking Bron or the field this year? I think I'd bet the field for the first time in 7 seasons. It had to end at some point.

i love russ but the 4th quarter last night was ridicuous. he had his mind made up to shoot every time he touched the ball. and the coast to coast layups were nice but in halfcourt i mean give your teammates a chance. to at least swing the ball or move some bodies.

i don't get why christon & grant play any minutes, and why sabonis plays so many.

I was being a bit sardonic but It's definitely between you guys and Boston. The east playoffs should be entertaining this year.

Are y'all taking Bron or the field this year? I think I'd bet the field for the first time in 7 seasons. It had to end at some point.

I think this is the last year I'll take Lebron.

D'Antoni's like a mad scientist.

Not sure I would pick a Favors/Gobert frontline to experiment with though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom