Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would've been easier if you led-off with that instead of just making a story up :lol:

Harden didn’t pause or blink when asked for his own MVP pick. He simply nominated himself.

“The Beard,” Harden said, before making his case. “Look at our record. Obviously the numbers, historic numbers. Just my performance overall.”

I’m not surprised how quickly [playing point has] come together . I was already a playmaker, I was already unselfish. Having the basketball in my hands at the beginning of the game just makes my job easier.”

All facts homie. This is after a month of basketball :lol:. He was on the same wave last year. This is Lebron esque arrogance but I don't think I've ever heard lebron go on about individual awards

“I am the best player in the league. I believe that. I thought I was last year, too. I know I was the MVP. That’s 100 percent given all the things that happened last season…. Credit the Golden State Warriors for an unbelievable year. They had an unbelievable team, coaching staff, everything. But that award means most valuable to your team. We finished second in the West, which nobody thought we were going to do at the beginning of the year even when everybody was healthy. We were near the top in having the most injuries. We won our division in a division where every single team made the playoffs. There’s so many factors. I led the league in total points scored, minutes played. Like I said, I’m not taking anything away from Steph, but I felt I deserved the Most Valuable Player.”

Can kinda see what his priorities are

Last edited:
Kawhi is more of a media darling than even Harden at least in the voting media's eyes.

Spurs will finish with the #1 seed.

He's already the youngest Finals MVP, two time DPOY and is having a career year on the #1 seed.

He's going to win MVP.

IF the Spurs finish with the best record, Kawhi has a SOLID chance to win the MVP.

I don't think the Spurs will finish with the #1 seed.

Can you imagine if Kawhi won MVP & DPOY?

3peat DPOY & MVP? All following a Finals MVP & Championship.

Has anybody ever done that?

And he lets his game speak for him. Think the media likes that or Jimmy 'check my stats' harden. I don't even think first seed matters

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Harden the new check my stats king.

EMBIID-COVER-IN-POST.jpg
images

:smokin  

Iverson pic got no quality tho lol 
Nah

Can you imagine if Kawhi won MVP & DPOY?

3peat DPOY & MVP? All following a Finals MVP & Championship.

Has anybody ever done that?

:nerd:

i need JD to pull them receipts soon. im going to hold off until kawhi actually wins, though.

who is the last player in the NBA to win a DPOY, MVP and Finals MVP?

Last edited:
Would've been easier if you led-off with that instead of just making a story up :lol:

Harden didn’t pause or blink when asked for his own MVP pick. He simply nominated himself.

“The Beard,” Harden said, before making his case. “Look at our record. Obviously the numbers, historic numbers. Just my performance overall.”

I’m not surprised how quickly [playing point has] come together . I was already a playmaker, I was already unselfish. Having the basketball in my hands at the beginning of the game just makes my job easier.”

All facts homie. This is after a month of basketball :lol:. He was on the same wave last year. This is Lebron esque arrogance but I don't think I've ever heard lebron go on about individual awards

“I am the best player in the league. I believe that. I thought I was last year, too. I know I was the MVP. That’s 100 percent given all the things that happened last season…. Credit the Golden State Warriors for an unbelievable year. They had an unbelievable team, coaching staff, everything. But that award means most valuable to your team. We finished second in the West, which nobody thought we were going to do at the beginning of the year even when everybody was healthy. We were near the top in having the most injuries. We won our division in a division where every single team made the playoffs. There’s so many factors. I led the league in total points scored, minutes played. Like I said, I’m not taking anything away from Steph, but I felt I deserved the Most Valuable Player.”

Can kinda see what his priorities are

So what exactly is your point? If there was a lie somewhere in there, I'd see the point. Every bit of what he said is what happened. Plus, this year, the media has been very favorable of Harden, so you're pretty much just all over the place. Just say you don't like Harden and keep it moving.

Last edited:
:nerd:

i need JD to pull them receipts soon. im going to hold off until kawhi actually wins, though.

who is the last player in the NBA to win a DPOY, MVP and Finals MVP?

I don't think anybody has done it in the same year. MY obviously did it in his career.

This MVP discussion would end if the NBA adapted to the NFL and had a MVP + Offensive Player of the Year award.

The NBA is ahead of the NFL in a lot of things, but adding that award would do wonders. Make the MVP actually about being the most valuable player to your team. In that case, Westbrook or Harden (from a few years ago) would have won it. Best offensive player would've went to Curry in the previous year when it was Curry vs Harden for MVP. I don't think Curry was actually the most valuable on that Warriors team, but he was definitely the best offensive player in the league.

Last edited:
So what exactly is your point? If there was a lie somewhere in there, I'd see the point. Every bit of what he said is what happened. Plus, this year, the media has been very favorable of Harden, so you're pretty much just all over the place. Just say you don't like Harden and keep it moving.

Lolz. You said I made a story up about how thirsty harden is for MVP and I responded. You got anything else or..?

He's still not better than KD though. What's up with pretty boy Chandler though?

He's still not better than KD though. What's up with pretty boy Chandler though?

The guy that's hurt? Too bad Kawhi out here doing things KD will never be able to do and will probably fall short of this year too.

Chandler is still not 100%. Its that simple. I'm more concerned with why we haven't decided to sit him for the rest of the season than continue to play him. Its not like he's healthy and performing poorly like a Evan Turner or something. :lol: He's obviously a shell of his former self. Talk to me if the Grizz go through another season with Chandler performing like this once his body actually get up to speed.

Last edited:
What's up with losing to the Nets at home?

What's up with Mike Conley being a shell of himself? You seen him lately?

Looking good for that pick. How's basketball purgatory doe?

Is that what its called for a small market team? Didn't know. Please tell me on how to successfully run a small market team. Give me your master plan on how to run the Grizz. I need it.

Last edited:
What's up with losing to the Nets at home?

What's up with Mike Conley being a shell of himself? You seen him lately?

Looking good for that pick. How's basketball purgatory doe?

Is that what its called for a small market team? Didn't know. Please tell me on how to successfully run a small market team. Give me your master plan on how to run the Grizz. I need it.

Didn't make the all star team like I said he wouldn't.
Still a fringe top 8 PG

But I wasn't trolling you BHZzlies, I was genuinely asking a question.

Look at San Antonio.

I forgot the Lakers beat y'all by 14 in January too. SAD!

That's your only story b? Poor.

You asked for the blueprint. I gave you one and the ultimate one.

I don't think we do much as missed you as it is wanting to get your thoughts while you're in here asking for receipts on KD v Kawhi. We haven't seen any BHZzlies talk as of late for some odd reason. Wonder why?

Last edited:
You asked for the blueprint. I gave you one and the ultimate one.

I said tell me how to fix the Grizz in their current state.

If you think them utilizing what they have going right now and making the playoffs for the next 2-3 seasons is a bad thing, I need to know how you going to keep revenue flowing in the city by blowing it up. Especially once things get real bad and we start having those 20-win seasons. Will you be one of the main guys saying how they need to move back to Vancouver or move to Seattle?

You all talk b. You don't know that small market rebuild struggle. Stay in your LA world.

Didn't make the all star team like I said he wouldn't.
Still a fringe top 8 PG

But I wasn't trolling you BHZzlies, I was genuinely asking a question.

My bad b.

We struggling right now. We running into a problem that I figured would happen if we didn't make a trade at the deadline. Fizdale doesn't quite know the rotation. We have a good 8 playoff quality players, no real backup PG and several wings with only 96 minutes to split between two positions.

We should've moved off some of the wing depth and Jamychal (who I don't think we are re-signing) for a quality backup PG. I'm not sure why the FO loves Toney Douglas so much. Andrew Harrison wasn't that good, but at least he was progressing slowly each game due to him being a rookie. I was hoping we were buyers at the deadline, but it seems like we were too scared to make a move. Wright, Zbo and VC the only guys off the bench I truly trust come playoff time.

Ennis/Daniels can't get minutes unless we sit Parsons (which I think we need to). Playing Parsons and continually hurting chemistry night in and night out is kinda stupid. Its clear he's not ready this season, yet, we continue to play him. I gave him a timeline of late January to show some sort of progression and its March. Sit him and prepare your playoff rotation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom