Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

This was an idiotic move that I expect from HS/College coaches.

This is the NBA, Dennis is your young starting franchise PG who's been struggling to come into his own all year and is torching the championship favorites.

So you take him out for arguing?

That's either your ego being hurt or you've lost it from a coaching standpoint.

That doesn't show any type of leadership and doesn't help your young player develop.

Your team lost for no reason other than you getting in your feelings during a game.

This was an idiotic move that I expect from HS/College coaches.

This is the NBA, Dennis is your young starting franchise PG who's been struggling to come into his own all year and is torching the championship favorites.

So you take him out for arguing?

That's either your ego being hurt or you've lost it from a coaching standpoint.

That doesn't show any type of leadership and doesn't help your young player develop.

Your team lost for no reason other than you getting in your feelings during a game.

this was actually a good move by the coach. Schroder stopped playing D to complain about a pass and gave up three points. I wouldnt have sat him for the whole game, but he needs to learn how to be a floor general. his job as the PG is to run the team and make his players around him better and arguing about a pass and giving up a 3 point basket by your opponent is not cutting it. This was the coach showing him that he will sacrifice wins for better leadership from his starting pg.

Taking him out to berate him, fine. Pop does that from time to time.

Taking him for the remainder of the game? Hell nah :lol: that's incredibly stupid when you don't have another PG on the roster.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face. This is Dennis' first year with the keys. He's gonna do dumb **** from time to time

this was actually a good move by the coach. Schroder stopped playing D to complain about a pass and gave up three points. I wouldnt have sat him for the whole game, but he needs to learn how to be a floor general. his job as the PG is to run the team and make his players around him better and arguing about a pass and giving up a 3 point basket by your opponent is not cutting it. This was the coach showing him that he will sacrifice wins for better leadership from his starting pg.

Sitting him for the whole game for one play is stupid, it wasn't a good move no matter how you try to justify it.

Coach Bud sat him with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter when he was the leading scorer too? 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Sitting him for the whole game for one play is stupid, it wasn't a good move no matter how you try to justify it.

again I said I wouldnt have sat him the whole game, but also like I said this is the coach showing him he expects more. Not to mention we dont know what happens in practice, behind closed doors, warm ups, like it could have been yo you need an attitude adjustment if i see one again im sitting you.

Last edited:
Watching Bogut get injured was painful to watch.His legs are fragile.He didnt prepare in the right way to sustain a long successful NBA career.I watched him closely after his injury from last season with the Warriors.1st mistake=Hes out there ballin hard for his country in the Olympics fresh off of surgery.Me and others where thinking wtf is he thinking.He was playing like his life depended on it.That was a dumb move because he knows how fragile his legs are.He shouldve been resting and rehabilitating until this mid season.Knee,foot,ankle,leg injuries are nothing to play with.If it doesnt heal properly.Or if you dont give it enough time to heal.Then your just playing yourself.Just because your cleared to play doesnt mean you should.Everybody bodies are different.Now his legs are in Derrick Rose/Sam Bowie condition.Hell never be what he couldve been because he kept re injuring his legs repeatedly.

Regular season MVP should be givin right before the Finals.To me the Playoffs should also be taken into consideration.Its like watching Nash/Rose/Durant win the MVP.They where top players putting up top numbers.But what MVP means to me is different compared to most.MVP to me Means you should be able to take your team to the Championship and win it.Westbrook and Harden are going to end up like Barkley and Karl Malone.Out of this world stats with no rings.No matter what your opinion is.Everybody cant be Magic,Bird,Jordan,Kobe,Lebron.I would say Durant can.But im still not convinced.He chokes under pressure in the Playoffs.Clutch in the regular season.Is way different than clutch in the playoffs.

Regular season MVP should be givin right before the Finals.To me the Playoffs should also be taken into consideration.Its like watching Nash/Rose/Durant win the MVP.They where top players putting up top numbers.But what MVP means to me is different compared to most.MVP to me Means you should be able to take your team to the Championship and win it.Westbrook and Harden are going to end up like Barkley and Karl Malone.Out of this world stats with no rings.No matter what your opinion is.Everybody cant be Magic,Bird,Jordan,Kobe,Lebron.I would say Durant can.But im still not convinced.He chokes under pressure in the Playoffs.Clutch in the regular season.Is way different than clutch in the playoffs.

That's why they have the Finals MVP

Watching Bogut get injured was painful to watch.His legs are fragile.He didnt prepare in the right way to sustain a long successful NBA career.I watched him closely after his injury from last season with the Warriors.1st mistake=Hes out there ballin hard for his country in the Olympics fresh off of surgery.Me and others where thinking wtf is he thinking.He was playing like his life depended on it.That was a dumb move because he knows how fragile his legs are.He shouldve been resting and rehabilitating until this mid season.Knee,foot,ankle,leg injuries are nothing to play with.If it doesnt heal properly.Or if you dont give it enough time to heal.Then your just playing yourself.Just because your cleared to play doesnt mean you should.Everybody bodies are different.Now his legs are in Derrick Rose/Sam Bowie condition.Hell never be what he couldve been because he kept re injuring his legs repeatedly.

And being 7ft and nearly 300 pounds just adds to all of that. Really bad way to go out

That's why they have the Finals MVP

Bingo

MVP,s should only be for Champions.They should just have good/exceptional season awards for the best regular season players.That way Kawhi/Westbrook/Harden can all get the award.MVP should only be 1 award after whoever wins the Championship.In my eyes your not a MVP at all if you dont get that ring.You where just a good regular season player.MVP,s take there teams to the finals and win.Everybody playing isnt a Magic,Jordan,Duncan,Shaq,Kobe,Lebron,Bird.Those are the greats.They prove they can go a full season and also take there team to the Finals and win it.The good players like Karl M,Barkley,Dominique are good players.But they didnt have the edge of the greats to lead a team to a Championship.People love hating Lebron.But numbers dont lie.How many times has he went to the Finals.None of these players (Melo,Westbrook,Durant) can do that.Im not saying hes the best ever.But he is 1 of the greats.Alot of these players are just good players.The only players you can build around and win is Curry/Kawhi/Lebron.Everybody else are just good stat padders.Its a difference between a player improving everybodies play.Then someone just putting up high numbers.Its a difference between good and great.

MVP,s should only be for Champions.They should just have good/exceptional season awards for the best regular season players.That way Kawhi/Westbrook/Harden can all get the award.MVP should only be 1 award after whoever wins the Championship.In my eyes your not a MVP at all if you dont get that ring.You where just a good regular season player.MVP,s take there teams to the finals and win.Everybody playing isnt a Magic,Jordan,Duncan,Shaq,Kobe,Lebron,Bird.Those are the greats.They prove they can go a full season and also take there team to the Finals and win it.The good players like Karl M,Barkley,Dominique are good players.But they didnt have the edge of the greats to lead a team to a Championship.People love hating Lebron.But numbers dont lie.How many times has he went to the Finals.None of these players (Melo,Westbrook,Durant) can do that.Im not saying hes the best ever.But he is 1 of the greats.Alot of these players are just good players.The only players you can build around and win is Curry/Kawhi/Lebron.Everybody else are just good stat padders.Its a difference between a player improving everybodies play.Then someone just putting up high numbers.Its a difference between good and great.

Doesn't work like that in any other team sport. And use the enter button for goodness sakes.

Iggy won Finals MVP.

why does it bother people that he's coddled though
if you hate on someone just because everyone else likes him that's cornball **** lol

You'd be surprised how often people get hated on just because their liked. It's been happening since the beginning of time, well before professional sports.

The Kawhi Leonard MVP media push is finally starting. It's about time.

The craziest thing about Kawhi Leonard is that his usage has shot up every year and along with that his TS% except for this one. He's at 61% just like he was last year.

If I said a player was having this kind of season you'd automatically assume it was either LeBron or Durant. This guy Kawhi Leonard is a tier one basketball player, and for my money the best player in the league at present.

I wish the campaign for Kawhi started a few months ago. It may be a little too late for him now. Most of the media and casual fans have zero'd in on either Harden or Westbrook. They've been getting the most coverage and attention. From what I can remember, usually MVP talk starts to really pick up right before the All-Star break. Kawhi has been putting in that work all season long, but no one has really talked about him since just now.

It's a damn shame, because the award will go to Harden and not Kawhi who is more deserving IMO.

I was so wrong about Kawhi.

So wrong.

As was I.

That's why there's a Finals MVP man :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom