Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double Js, you're my dude but you gotta put some respeck on lil Zeke's name as starter. He's averaging 30 with no other play maker on his team. He can't afford to play defense (even though he probably can't)

But you can always hide him on a 2 since the position is so poor.

Double Js, you're my dude but you gotta put some respeck on lil Zeke's name as starter. He's averaging 30 with no other play maker on his team. He can't afford to play defense (even though he probably can't)

You can't hide IT on Beal. Won't work.

As long as Bradley is healthy him or Smart always gonna be on the court with IT....Put one of em on the best guard and hope Isaiah can play close to average defense on the other guard...some teams you can just hide him on a non offense player

Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, Jaylen Brown

Is this a lineup that Stevens actually deploys? All four of these guys on the court with IT?

Bradley/Smart, I get...can't speak too much on Rozier, but playoffs are a completely different beast. One of which I don't know how much I'd count on a rookie to have a significant impact (Brown.)

No. That would be extreme small ball :lol:

I meant one of them (who ever's on the floor) would guard the guy if IT is having trouble.

You can't hide IT on Beal. Won't work.

No, but you can go under Wall's screens a few times a game. The other times he can go stand in the corner with Ottoman kerr

Some people on here were so sure LeBron would have a sharp decline as he lost athleticism. Darvin Ham by age 30 was said by one of those weirdos.

Svfbsbshsshaafaiodistafafawhwhevf @ Darvin Ham, we need those receipts b because WOW.

No, but you can go under Wall's screens a few times a game. The other times he can go stand in the corner with Ottoman kerr

I'd just let IT play Wall straight up. Wall isn't really a go off for 30 PPG threat. You just gotta keep him in front of you in transition and disrupt passing lanes. That hurts Washington more then potentially letting Wall go off scoring.

Last edited:
I'd just let IT play Wall straight up. Wall isn't really a go off for 30 PPG threat. You just gotta keep him in front of you in transition and disrupt passing lanes. That hurts Washington more then potentially letting Wall go off scoring.

I don't think this works against Boston. And it's not like John can't go get you 30. You don't want to encourage a player like Wall to be a scorer with the deficiencies that Boston specifically has. They're not a great rebounding team and they don't protect the rim particularly well. I don't see how allowing a player who excels at getting to the rim and creating havoc does you any good.

Otto moves off the ball extremely well. Isiah is going to have to play D on whoever he is on, and down the stretch every single matchup is poor.

That puts a ton of pressure on him to maintain every bit of his elite offensive efficiency, which I doubt will happen given the dearth of playmakers on that roster. Bigger, better scorers than him have had issues in the playoffs in the same situation.

Washington should take that series.

This is all contingent on Brad Beal staying healthy, which is a huge question mark.

That's a good point....but if the 2 that he's defending is someone like Derozan or Beal, he's done.

Some people on here were so sure LeBron would have a sharp decline as he lost athleticism. Darvin Ham by age 30 was said by one of those weirdos.

Svfbsbshsshaafaiodistafafawhwhevf @ Darvin Ham, we need those receipts b because WOW.

A lot of the quotes are messed up because the thread was before the switch from yuku, but the whole thread was hilarious.

http://niketalk.com/t/170692/can-lebron-be-an-effective-scorer-once-he-ages/40_20#post_4056591

He doubled down on it too.

http://niketalk.com/t/538971/nba-fi...-miami-earned-not-given/3280_20#post_18091408

Mike Miller, Ray Allen, and Shane Battier were the only things preventing him from being Darvin Ham. :lol:

That's a good point....but if the 2 that he's defending is someone like Derozan or Beal, he's done.
Wall/Beal/Otto/Lowry/Derozan/Tucker are all really bad matchups for him. Tucker's not even a scorer but BOS is giving up 60-70 pounds there.

Stevens has a tough task navigating that.

Last edited:

A lot of the quotes are messed up because the thread was before the switch from yuku, but the whole thread was hilarious.

http://niketalk.com/t/170692/can-lebron-be-an-effective-scorer-once-he-ages/40_20#post_4056591

He doubled down on it too.

http://niketalk.com/t/538971/nba-fi...-miami-earned-not-given/3280_20#post_18091408

Mike Miller, Ray Allen, and Shane Battier were the only things preventing him from being Darvin Ham. :lol:

lolol

Question for the thread. Can you guys see Chicago upsetting Boston if they play each other in the first round?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom