Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade giving the Knicks a light 55 while he was in his bag. :smh: :x

09' when Kobe/Bron/Wade/Melo was all percolating. :x

Last edited:
also I noticed iggy constantly gets torched by all the elite scorers whenever I'm watching
not sure if numbers support this though lol

for sure. such a chicago thing to do though. he was pretty good in the playoffs last year so im hoping he has an extra gear...wouldn't mind seeing them upset the wizards for the collectors reactions
laugh.gif
Playoff Wade was lit last year, he was on a mission. Want to see glimpses of that Wade against the Lebby's, strictly for the culture

Well the funny thing is LeBron's athleticism hasn't really declined at all.  So it's impossible to know.

Nah you gotta look at 09 Cavs Bron. He's definitely declined, he's just on another plane of athleticism so his declined athleticism is still higher than most in the league :lol:

I like wade's highlight reel better, the way he got in the paint he was the flash. lebron doesn't amaze me the same way

Wade's highlight reel is up there with anyone's.

The degree of difficulty on some of **** he used to do what just silly.

I mean, what is this? :lol:

And that was when he was exiting being "The Flash"

One of the most entertaining players ever.

Besides Laker games, I probably watched more Heat games than any other team in 2009 because of Wade. He was exhilarating.

I'm not saying LeBron's athleticism hasn't declined because you can't really argue that. But I don't think it has as much as you'd think it would and LeBron has been a master at changing his body for what style he will be playing. LeBron in Miami was every bit as athletic as he was in Cleveland. He just had a different body.

Watching LeBron's first stint in Cleveland is something else though.

I've watched everything LeBron has done as its happened so I never really took the time to watch a career highlight reel. Then I did and somehow it surprised me with how insane it is.

I like Cleveland Bron better than this Bron or Miami Bron
he isn't as fun to watch anymore
I couldn't agree less.  He became a much better player in Miami.  I always felt he was overrated in his first stint in Cleveland.  He had not yet risen to the alltime great status that the media had given to him, not to mention his questionable clutch gene at the time.

Not to mention he got a post game since he left.

Last edited:
LeBron can still get up there, dont get me wrong, but 09 Bron was a different animal. I miss the LeBron with the quick first step. This one is more calculated and in his mental prime, still puts up a highlight every once and awhile, but will put up similar numbers to his previous years, which is crazy bc people said his game wouldnt translate well past the age of 30. 
laugh.gif

The takeaway is that great athletes can still be very good athletes when they "fall off"

Even Wade is getting you 19/5/4 at 35 years old
Sure, but Wade is also shooting 42% from the field and 32% from three.  So you could just as much say "guys who shoot the ball a lot will get stats eventually no matter what".  Wade is not what you would call a good player right now either (though he's a lot better than Rose obviously).

Also defense is impacted a lot by lost athleticism.  Guys like Wade are a big detriment on that end at this point in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom