Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget giving an injury prone player reps. Let's shutdown a completely healthy Embiid so we can showcase Okafor for trade bait. :lol: I've heard it all.

Showcase what exactly? This? :stoneface:

laugh.gif

You are wrong on this one though Benny.

If you go to the 6ers practice facility right now I bet Embiid and Simmons have a full out scrimmage going on or something
laugh.gif

Source? Because it would've leaked already if he was in fact completely healthy and was just faking an injury.

6er fans sounding a lot like Blazers fans with Oden

He was out for the year in his first two years yet both years by like Jan/Feb he was out in warmups doing 360's and throwing it down between the legs. There's nothing the league really can do about it. I don't think Adam Silver can personally make Embiid get an MRI to see if his meniscus is really bad enough to the point that he can't play. HIPAA probably protects him/the Sixers.

Forget giving an injury prone player reps. Let's shutdown a completely healthy Embiid so we can showcase Okafor for trade bait.
laugh.gif
I've heard it all.

Showcase what exactly? This?
indifferent.gif
They were also showcasing Noel too supposedly and got a bag of Lay's potato chips for him. 

The Sixers should just shut Embiid down for all of next season too. Maybe they can get a top pick in 2018. 

laugh.gif

You are wrong on this one though Benny.

If you go to the 6ers practice facility right now I bet Embiid and Simmons have a full out scrimmage going on or something
laugh.gif
Dudes probly running suicides and doing jumping jacks on the daily

Just shut down Embiid every season. The next MJ will undoubtedly fall in their lap at some point.

Dudes probly running suicides and doing jumping jacks on the daily

Suicides and jumping jacks...?

Bro Simmons was on IG Live playing ball til like 3AM and doing 4 foot box jumps every day and then they came out and said this man was done for the year cause his "foot wasn't fully healed"

Like I said..I don't think there's anything the league can really do about it. If the Sixers say they think they need more time to heal from their injuries I don't think Adam Silver can MAKE the organization play them.

If they are really healthy, the season ticket holders should be owed an apology for not playing them.

Last edited:
It sucks but we as fans are not owed anything when the players we want to see don't hit be court. We get what we pay for (the team), not what we think we should be getting (superstars).

Like I said..I don't think there's anything the league can really do about it. If the Sixers say they think they need more time to heal from their injuries I don't think Adam Silver can MAKE the organization play them.

Don't see why it would be an issue anyway. The Sixers are gonna do what's best for them, which is what's best for the players, which is what's best for the league. If it were realistic the Sixers would obviously want Embiid and Simmons out there and not tank. I don't see why anyone would delay development on purpose rather than protect it.

Last edited:
Don't see why it would be an issue anyway. The Sixers are doing what's best for them, which is what's best for the players, which is what's best for the league. If it were realistic the Sixers would obviously want Embiid and Simmons out there and not tank.
Is it really what's best for the players if they are completely healthy and aren't allowed to play? I'm sure Ben and Embiid would love to be actually out there getting experience and acclimated to the game. It's definitely not what's best for the league as they've been reprimanded for it before. I mean they aren't that much better with Embiid, that him or Simmons would thrust them into the upper echelon of the league. Youth doesn't win in the league even when you have potential star or superstar talent, just look at the Wolves. 

Last edited:
Is it really what's best for the players if they are completely healthy and aren't allowed to play? I'm sure Ben and Embiid would love to be actually out there getting experience and acclimated to the game. It's definitely not what's best for the league as they've been reprimanded for it before. 

I'm confused, did I miss something in this discussion? I kinda just hopped into this with a quick glance. Are you guys speculating Embiid doesn't have a torn meniscus? And that Simmons foot didn't break?

What motive would the Sixers have to screw with their future superstars development? Why wouldn't they protect their future superstars careers? Why wouldn't the Sixers also love for them to be actually out there getting experience and acclimated to the game? The more successful Embiid and Simmons become directly effects how successful the organization becomes. And the more successful the Sixers become directly effects how successful the league becomes.

Last edited:
I'm confused, did I miss something in this discussion? I kinda just hopped into this with a quick glance. Are you guys speculating Embiid doesn't have a torn meniscus? And that Simmons foot didn't break?

What motive would the Sixers have to screw with their future superstars development? Why wouldn't they protect their future superstars careers? Why wouldn't the Sixers also love for them to be actually out there getting experience and acclimated to the game? The more successful Embiid and Simmons become directly effects how successful the organization becomes. And the more successful the Sixers become directly effects how successful the league becomes.
That's what Buc Em, a-friend and others are saying. That they are completely healthy and the Sixers are just trying to tank and keep them out. If that's the case the Sixers are doing a disservice to the players and the league by doing so. 

Last edited:
I'm saying that they are healthy and ready to Play today and that they are not being allowed to do that so that 76ers can ensure the worst possible finish.

I do believe they have reason to worry but that their health and ability to play is taking a back seat to the importance of another high draft pick.

They're killing two birds with one stone and because the two players have a History of or recent injuries, it is just too convenient to say "they're not healthy we don't want to risk it" rather than play them and risk falling out of the spot needed to ensure yet another top pick.

It's like, we've came this far by losing, just hang in there a little longer and sit.

Last edited:
Can't exactly blame anybody for feeling the way I just described, I mean I can't remember Phila doing anything but tank.

They're tankers.

I've been on NT for 4-5 years, 4-5 Seasons.
Phila has tanked then all.

Last edited:
I'm saying that they are healthy and ready to Play today and that they are not being allowed to do that so that 76ers can ensure the worst possible finish.

I do believe they have reason to worry but that their health and ability to play is taking a back seat to the importance of another high draft pick.

They're killing two birds with one stone and because the two players have a History of or recent injuries, it is just too convenient to say "they're not healthy we don't want to risk it" rather than play them and risk falling out of the spot needed to ensure yet another top pick.

It's like, we've came this far by losing, just hang in there a little longer and sit.

This is pretty much spot-on

The only way Embiid is without a doubt fine to play is if they lied about tearing his meniscus. Couldn't they get in serious trouble for that?

If they are telling the truth and there actually was enough time to bring him back I absolutely wouldn't. Would be downright illogical for both parties tanking aside.

I think I get what you're saying about Simmons. I just looked and they said his foot didnt completely heal. I missed that. I could see him being healthy by now. But then again, would they not be allowed to say he's fine and choose to not play him? I assume its fine for them to say yeah he's healthy but we aren't playing him, as we all know a 6'11 player with that kind of foot injury is nothing to mess around with so I don't see why the League, Simmons, or the Sixers would have an issue with sitting him for the year. That is logical and they wouldn't need a reason to lie about his foot not being fully healed.

Getting a better draft pick is a silver lining I agree but I don't see the logic in that being main motive rather than develop their players if it's safe. The way the Sixers have handled Embiid/Simmons seems completely logical to me and I think the main motive is definitely to protect them. Not to get another draft pick.

Last edited:
That's what Buc Em, a-friend and others are saying. That they are completely healthy and the Sixers are just trying to tank and keep them out. If that's the case the Sixers are doing a disservice to the players and the league by doing so. 

Taking away time from a player is one of the worst things you can do for a rookie's development. Embiid has already missed 2 years prior to this year, and only playing 20 games this season isn't helping him at all. Simmons on the other hand may be experiencing what Embiid has already gone through since he step into the Sixers locker room.

I just want to see these guys out there so we know what they're all about. Tanking to get a PG makes sense from a front office's point of view, but man, let the kids play.

Risking superstars career isn't worth just letting the kids play and having nothing to develop at all is even worse than taking away time from a rookies development. We're talking about two 7 foot players who failed to start their careers at 100%. History has told the Sixers how to deal with it.

It's frustrating as fans, especially for Sixers fans, but I just can't agree that the Sixers aren't dealing with it the right way from a players perspective.

Last edited:
Risking superstars career isn't worth just letting the kids play and having nothing to develop at all is even worse than taking away time from a rookies development. We're talking about two 7 foot players who failed to start their careers at 100%. History has told the Sixers how to deal with it.

It's frustrating as fans, especially for Sixers fans, but I just can't agree that the Sixers aren't dealing with it the right way from a players perspective.

Trust me, I agree with what you're saying. This is one of the reasons why a lot of us hate Colangelo. I think it's ******* stupid that he's sitting the two of them out when they should be out there getting valuable experience.

I was at the Wizards-Sixers game the day it was announced Simmons was out for the year and I think it was pretty telling that neither Simmons nor Embiid came out for the game to sit on the bench, meet with fans beforehand, nothing. Pretty positive that was the only home game that happened ALL year. Those dudes are competitors and I know they're pissed off with this. I personally think they refused to show up that night after that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom