OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

studying the verbal is definitely required unless you were an English major or something. even then, i wouldnt take the chance. the quantitative section is ridiculously easy.

thats a good looking stadium right there, especially for that space by the convention center.

endzone luxury boxes look so badass to me everytime i see them on tv. i think qwest field has them too.

better than your university of phoenix degree 
laugh.gif

Extra innings

The Dodgers signed Japanese amateurs Kazuya Takano and Kazuki Nishijima to minor league contracts. According to sources in Japan, Takano is an 18-year-old right-hander whose high school class isn't scheduled to graduate until the spring. He has three effective pitches — a fastball, curve and split-finger pitch. Nishijima is a 21-year-old college left-hander.

^i didn't even notice they had em on CC. I'm on my phone so I can't look it up. What's the difference? Green underbrim vs grey?

Originally Posted by MR RASKATRIPAS

^i didn't even notice they had em on CC. I'm on my phone so I can't look it up. What's the difference? Green underbrim vs grey?
yeah and the mlb logo is on the back of the grey brim.

and fitteds cost too damn much nowadays

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

http://twitter.com/#!/thomloverro

@thomloverro 

A baseball industry source says mediator will decide Friday in favor of Jamie McCourt as owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers

If this is true,
eek.gif

smokin.gif
@ the chances of forcing a sale of the team, don't think MLB and it's owners will approve Jamie as an owner.

Everything has been hush hush, Executives are holed up in their offices
laugh.gif

IYN, you're right, that's not an option.

To my knowledge, the judge is ruling on the MPA and the MPA only. If he rules for Jamie (and it holds through all the appeals Frank will try) then they will have to have another trial to divide their assets.

Right, while the judge can't say F or J are the owners, saying that it is community property is just as good as if he were able to rule in her favor because it gives us an opportunity to keep hope alive through the appeals and so on.

Him ruling that the LA MPAs are what will stand is pretty much shutting the door on any more of that.

As much as I don't want Frank as the owner, he's made it pretty clear he's gonna take this thing to the death.

Would probably be better for the franchise to have him as owner than to have him hold the team hostage for 3 years in various court proceedings.

Even though Frank swears up and down that he will drag this through litigation even if he loses, I don't think the team will stay in limbo.

He has dragged the integrity of the franchise through the mud long enough.  MLB doesn't want to step in, but I'm sure that if Frank loses and follows through on the appeals process, MLB will finally step in.  Fact of the matter is that the Dodgers are a flagship franchise, unfortunately it has been under awful ownership for more than a decade.  MLB blew it and they know it, they let a snake in and they can't wait to exterminate it.  I just don't see Frank having the team in limbo for 2-4 years while he settles his personal mess.

The organization has ZERO direction at the moment.  The majority of the FO has brushed up resumes waiting for their lifeboat to bounce.  They replaced a competent President with a bonafide !%%%%%% with a Real Estate background, and no Baseball/Sports experience.  The organization under the McCourt ownership is rotting from the inside.  It's sad.

That's a good point, it's hard to see Selig retiring with this situation still existing. Though Bud's MO during his tenure has been to do absolutely nothing and then take credit for letting the situation work itself out (or until Congress gets involved).

Back
Top Bottom