OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

[h1]Kuroda Close To Deal With Dodgers[/h1]
By Mark Polishuk [November 13 at 12:11pm CST]

12:12pm: ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the two sides are close to finalizing that one-year, $12MM contract. 

SATURDAY, 7:52am: In a pair of tweets, Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker corrects an exchange rate miscalculation and says the deal is for one year and $12MM, not $8MM. He adds that the report is all over the Japanese media.

FRIDAY, 8:01pm: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com hears from a Dodgers source that Sanspo's report is "inaccurate" and it's "hard to tell" if the team and pitcher are close to an agreement.  (Twitter link)

7:47pm: Free agent right-hander Hiroki Kuroda is on the verge of an agreement with the Dodgers, reports Japanese site Sanspo.com (as translated in this tweet from NPBTracker).  The contract would be a one-year deal worth approximately $8MM.  Though Kuroda will turn 36 in February, $8MM would be a nice bargain for the Dodgers given Kuroda's very solid numbers (3.60 ERA, 3.18 K/BB ratio) over his three seasons in the majors.
This is the second L.A. free agent pitcher that the club has moved quickly to re-sign this offseason, after Ted Lilly was inked to a $33MM contract in October.  As Sanspo's story indicated, Japanese clubs Hiroshima and Yomiuri were interested if Kuroda decided to return to his home country, plus we knew that the Rockies had Kuroda on their list of pitching targets
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/11/rockies-interested-in-westbrook-garland-kuroda.html

Glad Kuroda is back, let's hope he can give us a strong last season and stay healthy.

Still need a top knotch guy, don't wanna do the whole 5th starter revolving door %*%!.

Uggla is available, Dodgers better try to get him.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Uggla is available, Dodgers better try to get him.

Do you guys have money for Uggla?  I mean, you just paid two pitchers 19 mil.  Uggla just rejected a 4 for 48 contract from the Marlins.  What do you think he will cost, and do you have the money he wants?  Or close to what he wants?

Well they spent that money on Lilly and Kuroda, knowing full well that the offense is what needs to be addressed. Common sense would suggest that they have at least that much and maybe more to add to the offense. Ned doesn't always operate with common sense, but you'd have to guess he wouldn't give Kuroda $12 Mil if he didn't have a decent amount left to spend. I'd love Uggla, wonder what the cost would be in prospects.

Davey Lopes about to come back to LA FTW
pimp.gif

smokin.gif
@ Davey Lopes in a Dodger uniform once again.

Do you guys have money for Uggla?
eyes.gif

I doubt we get Uggla, not because of money but because I don't think we have enough prospects to please Florida.  We have depleted our farm system in the upper levels in dealing for Sherrill, Dotel and other bums full of Ned's favorite quality in a player... "grit".

They need to make moves, or else attendance is going to take a major dip.  Dodger fans are loyal but they are not idiots (Well, some are
laugh.gif
).  McCourt needs to fill seats if he wants to keep the team, the whole payroll cutting while increasing prices expose didn't really go well with the fan base.  On top of that, you have Arte Moreno down the 5 freeway about to throw major money at Crawford, Beltre and Soriano all while publicly saying that he doesn't care about the bottom line, he just wants to win.

BTW- What is up in the Giants thread?  Winning the World Series is a euphoric experience, still you guys are talking about filling the holes in your roster as if you were the Yankees. 
laugh.gif

PMAC-  I was in Tucson this weekend, damn, How the hell did you survive undergrad over there?  Tailgating was fun, the nightlife
30t6p3b.gif
.  Where da ho's at?

whoa whoa, U of A broads are > *. only reason i even applied to that school.

hey ironman, where do people park for USC games that is somewhat reasonably priced?

I'm not saying U of A girls are not hot, pump the brakes, the ones I saw on Campus Saturday were 
smokin.gif
but they went MIA after the game.

Friday night was dead too, then again temps were below 45, it was cold as hell.

Where'd u go?
We were around Campus.  Hit up University Boulevard, 4th Ave, etc.

I couldn't believe 4th Avenue and 4th St crossed paths,
laugh.gif
, couldn't they name a street after Lute Olsen or something.

PS- I was trying to find your number, too drunk to hit you up on Twitter. 
laugh.gif

hey ironman, where do people park for USC games that is somewhat reasonably priced?
You can park on campus for $20-25.  You have to arrive early though.  ND game starts at 5pm, so the structures will probably be full by Noon.  ND sucks, the game is still packed, plus ND brings a lot of folks/alumni.  Once you pass MLK, prepare to pay a crap load to park on someone's lawn.

Get there early, park, walk around campus with a 30 pack of beer make some friends and exchange beer for food
smokin.gif
.  Tailgate on Campus.

laugh.gif
Lute will probably get a street sometime soon. The street names are weird but at least it's a grid and easy to give/understand directions.

The bars around campus are usually wack after night games. People spend all day drinking then have no energy for the night I guess. I'm surprised Friday night was dead. I've only been out there one weekend so far this year, and that was homecoming.

I didn't really go out that much in Tucson after I turned 21, due to being wifed up, but the standard operating procedure before that was to make moves through the student section and find enough girls worth inviting back to the apartment complex or the homies house.

But yeah, Tucson is boring as %%%%, dope for a college town though.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

You can park on campus for $20-25.  You have to arrive early though.  ND game starts at 5pm, so the structures will probably be full by Noon.  ND sucks, the game is still packed, plus ND brings a lot of folks/alumni.  Once you pass MLK, prepare to pay a crap load to park on someone's lawn.

Get there early, park, walk around campus with a 30 pack of beer make some friends and exchange beer for food
smokin.gif
.  Tailgate on Campus.

5 hours early huh. damn. will be my first college football game ever, im sort of excited.
laugh.gif

BTW- What is up in the Giants thread?  Winning the World Series is a euphoric experience, still you guys are talking about filling the holes in your roster as if you were the Yankees. 
laugh.gif

You cant compare us talking about filling holes to the Yankee fans talking about filling holes.  
laugh.gif
  Its not nearly the same thing.
Its all about getting better my friend.  But if you want my honest answer...I will share.  The Giants team in general were incredibly fortunate to catch lightning in a bottle the way we did.  Our offense was horrendous all year.  We just started becoming SUPER clutch during the playoffs.  Without running the risk of sounding like our lame promo commercials, we really had magical playoffs.

With that being said, our pitching staff is built to carry our team for the foreseeable future.  But I dont want to have to rely on getting hot at the right time and having a magical end of the season.  I want a team that is built to defend the championship.  And to be honest, with our starters and our bullpen, we really are only a few pieces away from being a top team for years.  

But our division is a lot better than most think, and its entirely possible for teams to have great seasons and miss the playoffs.  Which is what we almost did this year, and what us fans chattering in the offseason thread are hoping we can avoid next season.  And trust me....I know how euphoric a feeling it is.  The parade was an experience I will never forget and I will never be a part of something as special as that ever again.  

im pumped for the food, beer and undergrad hos. hook me up with a shirt or something ironman, swipe one off the sidelines.

[h1]Didn't really know where to post this lol
[/h1][h1]SBJ: AEG's Los Angeles stadium draws on Cowboys[/h1]
Spoiler [+]

• PUBLISHED Monday, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:13 am EST
sporting_news_14x10.gif
Sporting News

AEG has issued a proposal to design a $725 million stadium in downtownLos Angeles featuring a retractable roof and 40 field-level suitesamong its 218 luxury boxes.

The request for proposal for the Los Angeles Event Center, a copyof which was obtained by SportsBusiness Journal, puts to paper AEG’spush to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles after a prolonged absence. Itis also the first of several critical steps AEG must complete in thenext four to five years to deliver the project by its targeted openingdate of Aug. 15, 2015.

The pursuit by AEG President and CEO Tim Leiweke to bring the NFLto Los Angeles, a venture that includes Wasserman Media Group CEO CaseyWasserman, continues to move forward. But before breaking ground at thesite — across the street from AEG-owned Staples Center and theAEG-developed L.A. Live entertainment district — the group still hasdeals to get done with the NFL and a team to make the move to LosAngeles. AEG also has to make a separate deal with city officials tobuild the stadium on land where part of the Los Angeles ConventionCenter stands, Leiweke said.

Before issuing the RFP, AEG studied the last two NFL venues built,New Meadowlands Stadium and Cowboys Stadium. Its plan to build 40field-level suites, preferably along the sidelines, came from CowboysStadium’s 48 event-level suites. In Arlington, those premium spacessell for $200,000 to $240,000 annually. The Cowboys’ palace clearly hasinfluenced the early plans for Los Angeles.

“We spent a lot of time with Dallas,

Originally Posted by MR RASKATRIPAS

Ironman did you start your grad program already?
Taking some pre-reqs, still need to take the GRE, I will be ready Fall of 2011
ohwell.gif

ironman is crying right now because his crush got traded to atlanta
laugh.gif

Been playing Janis Joplin: "Take Another Little Piece of my Heart" while rolled up weeping in the fetal position all day.

frown.gif

PMAC- If that thing gets built by 2015
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by MR RASKATRIPAS

Ironman did you start your grad program already?
Taking some pre-reqs, still need to take the GRE, I will be ready Fall of 2011
ohwell.gif

im considering going back in the fall too. havent even glanced at anything to to with the GRE
laugh.gif
. i know i sound stupid, but what does it consist of and is studying really required?
wink.gif

I'm not taking any chances, it's not cheap, plus you want to get a solid score.

Get some practice books (Kaplan, Princeton Review, etc.) and just study.  Also take some practice tests, it will help with prep and more importantly with timing.
GRE = cake. focus all your study time on verbal.

That's the part that comes easy.

The math is what I'm trying to re-program myself to do.  I stopped taking math classes in 2002, so I'm rusty as hell.

PMAC- If that thing gets built by 2015
smokin.gif

I think they should take some design ideas from the Jets Manhattan proposal. Would fit well in between Staples and the 110.

2003_11_jetsstadium.jpg

Back
Top Bottom