OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

I guess june 8 is the broxton bobblebum give away
indifferent.gif
Soft !%%.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

for real, is anyone going to spring training?
ill be lucky to go to dodger stadium the way ive been frustrated with the offseason
grin.gif
co-sign
tired.gif

knowing that all the money we've dished out from last season led the team to come out even financially?

knowing that this is Manny's last year and the biggest move we've made is bringing along Jamey Carrol when we could have kept Loretta?

%@#% that.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/dodgers-billingsley-avoid-arbitration.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers, Billingsley Avoid Arbitration[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [January 15, 2010 at 11:05am CST]

The Dodgers avoided arbitration with Chad Billingsley, agreeing on a contract for 2010, according to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick. Billingley made $475K last year and is arbitration-eligible for the first time, but the terms of his new deal are unknown.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/dodgers-kemp-agree-to-twoyear-deal.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers, Kemp Agree To Two-Year Deal[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [January 15, 2010 at 11:13am CST]

The Dodgers and Matt Kemp have agreed to terms on a two-year deal, according to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick. The deal, which the sides have been working on all week, is pending a physical.

Gurnick hears that the Dodgers are also talking two-year deals with Andre Ethier, Jonathan Broxton and James Loney. They agreed to terms with Chad Billingsley on a 2010 contract today.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

for real, is anyone going to spring training?
ill be lucky to go to dodger stadium the way ive been frustrated with the offseason
grin.gif
co-sign
tired.gif

knowing that all the money we've dished out from last season led the team to come out even financially?

knowing that this is Manny's last year and the biggest move we've made is bringing along Jamey Carrol when we could have kept Loretta?

%@#% that.

Word. I even had really high hopes of heading to beantown to watch the dodgers out there. Now I'm just
ohwell.gif

Yeah, the dreams of going to Boston for me, have died down.

I rather save my money, stay in LA, and maybe go to the Yankee series.
grin.gif

Oh yeah, he did an interview courtside at the clipper game.

Or was it a Laker game? I can't remember.

Damn though, courtside with Rhi?

Its official.

Heads up to my dudes, don't ever step on a rusty nail spent my Saturday in the ER taking all these tests for tetanus
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

nah, we went paintballin at this abandoned air force base in victorville and had nails all over the place.

Stepped on a wood plank with a rusty #!! nail on the end of it and it went right through my foot, horrrible.

Got me on antibiotics and all that.

I got you though sin
nerd.gif

I don't know how that affects you in any way.
laugh.gif

Your man crush on Loretta is funny, dude had a couple of clutch hits, other than that he was pretty bad. Plus, he is still out there, so it's not as if itis beyond the realm of possibilities that he will be back. Same with Ausmus.

The team isn't spending any money unfortunately, and I wish they would go out there and get a second baseman *cough* Uggla *cough*.

However, there is nothing on the pitching market that seems worth splurging on. Wolf wanted 3 years, I like Wolf, appreciate what he did for us last year. Onthe flip side he had a career year last season. You never know when he will break down. If you sign him to three years, you have the possibility of a JasonSchmidt situation. Would we have received the Randy Wolf of 2007 or the Wolf of 2009? It's a crap shoot.

Ya'll are giving up as if we don't have a good team.

We only lost Hudson (
grin.gif
) and Wolf (
grin.gif
).

I'm still going to Boston. This team is still going to be good.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
You cannot be serious.

This was you a page back:

How we have the highest attendance in MLB last year and we didn't make any money
grin.gif

It's affecting everyone in the front office as well. Front office morale is down with the "No Money in the Budget" motto.

It sucks because we are so close
frown.gif
If it's affecting the employees in the front office, then its affecting us little people paying the prices to get in the Ravine.

Your man crush on Loretta is funny, dude had a couple of clutch hits, other than that he was pretty bad. Plus, he is still out there, so it's not as if it is beyond the realm of possibilities that he will be back. Same with Ausmus.

My man crush? Fall back homie.

Look at these stats:
[table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Years[/td] [td]Ages[/td] [td]BA/OBP/SLG[/td] [td]OPS+[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jamey Carroll
[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]34-35[/td] [td].276/.355/.343[/td] [td]89[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mark Loretta[/td] [td]2007-08[/td] [td].35-36[/td] [td].284/.352/.376[/td] [td]91[/td] [/tr][/table]

How the hell did Carroll warrant a 2 year $4M+ deal when we could have signed Loretta for a million or two less?

you guys should make out.

anyway, this team should be better this year but who knows. nothing would surprise me since they did finish around .500 in the second half of the season.regardless, i cant see this team beating the phillies, yankees, red sox and such. different level right there.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif
You cannot be serious.

This was you a page back:

How we have the highest attendance in MLB last year and we didn't make any money
grin.gif

It's affecting everyone in the front office as well. Front office morale is down with the "No Money in the Budget" motto.

It sucks because we are so close
frown.gif
If it's affecting the employees in the front office, then its affecting us little people paying the prices to get in the Ravine.

Your man crush on Loretta is funny, dude had a couple of clutch hits, other than that he was pretty bad. Plus, he is still out there, so it's not as if it is beyond the realm of possibilities that he will be back. Same with Ausmus.

My man crush? Fall back homie.

Look at these stats:
[table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Years[/td] [td]Ages[/td] [td]BA/OBP/SLG[/td] [td]OPS+[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jamey Carroll
[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]34-35[/td] [td].276/.355/.343[/td] [td]89[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mark Loretta[/td] [td]2007-08[/td] [td].35-36[/td] [td].284/.352/.376[/td] [td]91[/td] [/tr][/table]

How the hell did Carroll warrant a 2 year $4M+ deal when we could have signed Loretta for a million or two less?

The difference is that it affects me
laugh.gif
, I work for the team.

Employee morale will not affect your fan experience.

The problem with your stat is that Loretta only hit .232 last season, with a .309 OBP and an OPS of 60. I'm no Jamey Carroll fan by any stretch of theimagination, but re-signing or letting Loretta walk is not going to make or break the 2010 season.

Reflecting on 2009, it's surprising that we were so good with Furcal, Martin and Manny having below average years. Billingsley self imploding in thesecond half, minimal contributions from Kuroda.

On the same token can we expect another great year from both Ethier and Kemp along with strong support from the bullpen (yes I know Broxton and Sherrill arestill in the back end of the bullpen
ohwell.gif
).

The difference is that it affects me
laugh.gif
, I work for the team.

Employee morale will not affect your fan experience.

laugh.gif
Yes Ironman, we know Frank McCourt signs your checks.

Like I said, if this whole financial situation with the team affects employees at the top, then us peasants on the bottom are feeling it too.

Why spend money if we know our management doesn't know how to spend theirs? Same thing.

The problem with your stat is that Loretta only hit .232 last season, with a .309 OBP and an OPS of 60. I'm no Jamey Carroll fan by any stretch of the imagination, but re-signing or letting Loretta walk is not going to make or break the 2010 season.
The thing is, I never implied that Loretta would make or break our upcoming season, with McCourt trying to penny pinch his way into 2010 - I justdon't see how Carroll warranted a 2 year deal, especially at $4Milli.

That couldn't have been the market value for him especially at his age. That's what irks me.

Reflecting on 2009, it's surprising that we were so good with Furcal, Martin and Manny having below average years. Billingsley self imploding in the second half, minimal contributions from Kuroda.

We gotta thank our bench on that one, guys like Lean like a Cholo, Ausmus and Pierre came through when others were struggling.

Bills should have a big year in 2010 - he should be 100% healthy.

On the same token can we expect another great year from both Ethier and Kemp along with strong support from the bullpen (yes I know Broxton and Sherrill are still in the back end of the bullpen
ohwell.gif
).
Kemp should only get better, Rhianna is the wildcard though
mad.gif

Broxton huh ...

Originally Posted by sinser13

so is dewitt starting at 2b?
Their not sold on his defense ... yet.

I would imagine him and Carroll would fight for the starting job.

Hope DeWitt gets the nod though.

Russell Martin has agreed to a one year contract worth $5.05MM, avoiding arbitration with the Dodgers according to Dylan Hernandez of The Los Angeles Times (via Twitter)

Heyman tweets that the Dodgers have avoided arbitration with both George Sherrill and James Loney. Sherrill gets $4.5MM plus incentives in his third year eligible, Loney $3.1MM in his first go around.

MLB.com's Ken Gurnick tweets that the Dodgers and Hong Chih-Kuo have agreed to a one-year deal worth $950K, avoiding arb. It was Kuo's first time eligible.

12:30pm: Closer Jonathan Broxton has also agreed to a two year deal, according to Dylan Hernandez of The Los Angeles Times (via Twitter).

Back
Top Bottom