OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

any of you dodger fans gonna drive to anaheim for the all-star game?

I'm sure tickets for the game are nearly impossible to get (at face or nearly face). I don't think they even go on sale to the public, since most tix are for sponsors and select few angel season ticket holders. Ironman do you know the process of all star tix?

I'm seeing some on CL and StubHub for ASG itself $400-500+ / ticket
sick.gif

The home-run derby looks like $300ish and they have that fan-fest at the Anaheim Convention Center but it sounds like just Angel legends will be there.

I just can't stomach spending a G on 2 tickets, I'd rather spend that at the tables.

But it would be a crazy experience.....let's try to be ushers or something.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

any of you dodger fans gonna drive to anaheim for the all-star game?

I'm sure tickets for the game are nearly impossible to get (at face or nearly face). I don't think they even go on sale to the public, since most tix are for sponsors and select few angel season ticket holders. Ironman do you know the process of all star tix?
It's impossible.

A portion goes to Angel season ticket holders, staff, players, etc.  Then a small number to the general public.  The rest goes to corporate sponsors.

I asked the dude that usually hooks me up in the ticket office and he gave the "slim to none" response, and leaning on "none".  Signing up to be an usher for Angel games is a good way to get in
laugh.gif
, just quit after the All Star Game.

I know this one girl in our sponsorship dept has been going to every All Star Game since 2003
mad.gif
.  She's cool people though, and she holds all the major accounts (Coca Cola, Mastercard, etc.)  She rakes in the big names, and they take care of her.  All expenses paid too
smh.gif

Basically they are extremely hard to get at face value *shrugs*

Just for you IYN, if you plan on going to AZ.

[h3]http://www.vinscullyismyhomeboy.com/2010/02/strawberry-signing.html[/h3]
[h3]Strawberry Signing[/h3] Iknow many of you will be driving to Arizona to catch Spring Training.I'll update you of any signings being done in Arizona of current orformer Dodgers.

Darryl Strawberry
March 20, 2010
2pm/3pm
Paradise Valley Mall
4568 E Cactus Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(623) 587-9766

Always Confirm!

*This is not a free signing*

The Dodgers plead for a fifth

Thursday, February 18, 2010 | Feedback | Print Entry

Dodgers GM Ned Colletti reeled off a list of the candidates for thefifth spot in the Dodgers' rotation Wednesday night, his inflectionnever changing, to the point that you half-expected him to say,"Bueller ... Bueller ... "
I don't know if I kept up and jotted down every name he mentioned over the phone, but here is at least most of them:Scott Elbert.Charlie Haeger.James McDonald.Carlos Monasterios.Eric Stults.Ramon Ortiz.Russ Ortiz.Josh Towers.In other words: If you're looking for a job as a starting pitcher inthe majors this year, the place to be is in the Dodgers' camp -- andColletti made it clear that if the Dodgers aren't satisfied with whatthey see in spring training, they'll be looking outside theorganization, as well. "We'd love to have a bona fide No. 5 starter,"said Colletti.There has been concern over the Dodgers' lack of a clear No. 1, because Chad Billingsley is coming off a season in which he struggled and battled injury, and Clayton Kershawis less than a year removed from the day he could first drink a beerlegally. "I don't know of many guys that start out their careers asaces. They might come in with high expectations and then grow intothat. But they have to step up and do it. Nobody is going to beordained in that," said Colletti.

when i was like 9 years old, i went to a darryl strawberry/eric davis signing. stood in line for a couple hours with my mom and they never showed. i was heated. i'd like to get my jersey signed but im not really about paying for autographs.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/02/dodgers-gagne-reach-agreement-on-minor-league-deal.html[/h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/rsstwitter-feeds-by-team.html
Dodgers Reach Agreement With Eric Gagne
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/02/dodgers-gagne-reach-agreement-on-minor-league-deal.html
By Mike Axisa [February 18 at 8:03pm CST]

The Dodgers and Eric Gagne have reached an agreement on a minor league deal, tweets Dylan Hernandez of The Los Angeles Times. Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports says (via Twitter)that Gagne will make $500,000 if he makes the big league team, withanother $500,000 in incentives based on games and games finished.

The Rockies offered the 34-year-old Gagne a minor league dealas well, however he apparently preferred the familiarity of theDodgers' organization. He's returning to where he enjoyed his most bigleague success, saving 152 games while winning a Cy Young Award duringa three year stretch from 2002-2004.

all I remember he was traded to the dbacks, then traded to the Mets I'm sure he retired after that cause I don't remember any other team signing him.

remember when he sat out that game because of yom kappur?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

all I remember he was traded to the dbacks, then traded to the Mets I'm sure he retired after that cause I don't remember any other team signing him.

remember when he sat out that game because of yom kappur?
he did that every season. 
laugh.gif

you guys are getting your panties all wet over gagne.

Every season?

I remember it was big news cause he was gonna end his 400+ consecutive game streak and he stood by his word that he was gonna sit.

& I don't expect gagne to do anything special and he's looked pretty bad from the previous seasons, but just to know he's back in a Dodger uni is pretty sick.

Back
Top Bottom