OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

3 NL West titles in his 4 years is pretty awful huh PMAC.

8 playoff wins in his 4 years in comparison to 1 playoff win in the past 17 years is pretty awful huh PMAC.

Being considered one of the top teams in baseball for 2 of his 4 years is pretty awful huh PMAC.

The Dodgers farm system was being called one of the best farm systems EVER when Ned took the job. He didn't have to do much if anything for this team to begood, and he managed to make it worse with almost every move except for Ethier and Manny.

You can't judge the result without considering the process.

chill on the "huh PMAC" ... I know who you're talking to
laugh.gif

Sorry.
laugh.gif
Im just saying. I understand the farm system was good, but outside of Kemp, who has really made a significant splash in the big leagues? Bottomline, with or without this "best farm system EVER" claim of yours, without the additions of Ethier, Manny, Blake and Kershaw, your team wouldnt benearly as good as it is. And that is thanks to Mr. Ned Colletti.

Again, Im not saying you have to like him, but he has done a great job of taking a mediocre team and turning it great. Period.

Doyers also sign Scott Dohmann and Argenis Reyes.
MLB.com's Ken Gurnick notes two other Dodgers signings: pitcher Scott Dohmann and infielder Argenis Reyes. Dohmann, 31, was released by the Hiroshima Carp in June and landed in the D'Backs organization. Reyes, 27, hit .282/.336/.377 for the Mets' Triple A club

The Dodgers weren't a mediocre team though.

And to say Kemp is the only one to make a significant splash in the big leagues is ridiculous. Martin came up, but Ned dropped Navarro for basically nothing.Loney hit .380 in AAA in 2006, but Ned kept him in AAA for some reason. Ned didn't really %%*# up 2B, though Furcal is going to get 7 years and more than80 million and so far he has one good season. Any possible contributions from Casey Blake are negated by the fact that we traded a very very good prospect forhim.

I could go on forever, but I'm in class right now
laugh.gif

When you look at every single one of Ned's moves in a vacuum you come away scratching your head on almost every single one. Sure the results have beengood, but without the Manny acquisition (which has been widely reported to be all Frank's idea) the Dodgers likely don't make the playoffs either ofthe past two seasons.

That spreadsheet doesn't show all of the $ Ned has wasted on free agents. That moreso than anything is his downfall.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Sure the results have been good, but without the Manny acquisition (which has been widely reported to be all Frank's idea) the Dodgers likely don't make the playoffs either of the past two seasons.
Well then, what the hell is there to argue about?
laugh.gif

The results have been good, that Manny move (that was given to us on a platter) should off-set all the awful moves you believe Ned has done.

We don't know how these prospects will pan out.

There's nothing really worth arguing about. Ned's trades I suppose you could consider a wash if you were his son or something. His free agent signingshave been downright abysmal. The Blake trade, the Sherrill trade, not offering arb to Wolf and Hudson and a not spending any money in international free agencyhave all cemented in my mind that Ned is an awful GM. He does very Sabean-like moves. But hey, Sabean was a great GM back when he had the 01-04 seasons ofBarry Bonds.

What prospects? Take the full body of work and the production by guys provided who were already in the system when Ned came and you have quite a bit to buildon.

You guys try to make it seem like I beat off to Dee Gordon videos every night or something
smh.gif
laugh.gif
. Prospects are valuable for two reasons. 1 being everyplayer was a prospect at some point, meaning any good player every was a prospect. Guys don't just pop up out of nowhere and end up good (except Sherrill
laugh.gif
) 2 being that they are the best currency when you need to make a trade. You can't sustain success at the MLB level without using your farm systemwell.

You guys try to make it seem like I beat off to Dee Gordon videos every night or something
smh.gif
laugh.gif
You said it, we didn't.

You can keep saying that Blake trade was an awful move, but the 10 or so 3B I can name within a 3 year span says otherwise.

Btw, that's Kemps bff
happy.gif

I love Casey Blake.

There's just no explanation for giving up Carlos Santana in that trade.

ESPECIALLY when the only reason to give him up was to avoid paying $2 Million.

I would have been fine with a new 3B every day if it meant we kept Santana.

& if Russ Martin was still hanging out with Gagne then this wouldn't be an issue.

A different 3B everyday huh? You don't even believe that.

Casey Blake's numbers after the trade are pedestrian. Anybody could have done that.

C'mon now. A switch-hitting catcher with power and patience named Carlos Santana and you trade him for $2 Mil. no excuse based on name alone. BTW, Santanais the best C propsect and is top 10 overall going into the year.

I don't have the hate for Colletti that PMAC does.

Can't judge the man when the we have a broke owner that is operating the Dodgers as if they are the KC Royals.

*shrugs*

How we have the highest attendance in MLB last year and we didn't make any money
grin.gif

It's affecting everyone in the front office as well. Front office morale is down with the "No Money in the Budget" motto.

It sucks because we are so close
frown.gif

Casey Blake's numbers after the trade are pedestrian. Anybody could have done that.
?

& yet the addition of Blake was one of the biggest reasons why we made it into the 08 post-season.

These guys were post-Beltre:

Aybar
sick.gif

Nakumara (sp)
roll.gif
sick.gif
who else remembers when they picked up this bum in a limo and drove him straightto the Ravine?
Valentine and Robles also split duties at third
Betemit
sick.gif

Guzman played a little at third
Nomahh
Ramon Martinez
Billy Mueller (too bad he $%*++! up his knee)
Hillenbrand
LaRoche
sick.gif

Wilson Valdez

I know I'm missing like 3 or 4 more names.

All those were part of the musical chairs game at 3B in a span of 3 years, none of them could have given the leadership Blake did once he put on a Dodger uni.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It's affecting everyone in the front office as well. Front office morale is down with the "No Money in the Budget" motto.
Damn,
tired.gif

After the trade Blake hit .260/.313/.460. I'll give credence to his "clubhouse effect" but that still doesn't even come close to justifyinggiving up Santana.

I'm not saying we didn't have a hole at 3B, but the numbers that Blake put up in his career didn't warrant giving up a top prospect for 2 months ofhis services.

got these emails the past week talking about presale spring training tickets. we should have a pool on how many games 562 bought. i say every weekend in march.

I don't have the hate for Colletti that PMAC does.

Can't judge the man when the we have a broke owner that is operating the Dodgers as if they are the KC Royals.

*shrugs*
which is what i have been saying also

i remember there being a divide in here with regards to mccourt a few months ago. now the dislike is shared by everyone

I'm still not understand why the Dodgers are still being linked to Pinerio.

He's looking for a 2 yr $15M contract and there's no way the Dodgers will give him that.

We gotta push harder to keep Garland, hell bring Padilla back on too.

The %%%* is going on
smh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i remember there being a divide in here with regards to mccourt a few months ago. now the dislike is shared by everyone
I don't hate Frank McCourt. I just don't think he should be the Owner of the team.

He can't afford to be Owner of the team.

I blame Bud Selig. Should of let Eli Broad buy the team with cash instead of letting McCourt buy it with credit.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

I don't hate Frank McCourt. I just don't think he should be the Owner of the team.

He can't afford to be Owner of the team.

I blame Bud Selig. Should of let Eli Broad buy the team with cash instead of letting McCourt buy it with credit.
i dont hate him as a person either but he never had any business owning this team therefore im not a fan of his.

[h1]Dodgers Close To Two-Year Deal With Kemp?[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [January 13 at 11:43am CST]

Back on December 31st, we learned from MLB.com's Ken Gurnick that the Dodgers opened multiyear contract discussions with center fielder Matt Kemp. Kemp's agent, Dave Stewart, said that if he and the Dodgers couldn't find common ground he was comfortable going year to year.

Interviewed on XM MLB Home Plate radio last night, Stewart told host Jim Bowden that he and the Dodgers are close to a two-year deal for Kemp (via Bowden's Twitter account). Stewart indicated he believes the Dodgers' ownership situation limited the number of years they could offer.

Nick Markakis and Carlos Beltran are two decent comparables for Kemp, in terms of where their simple career numbers were after three years service time. On a six-year deal, Markakis will be paid $9.75MM for his first two arbitration years. Beltran went year to year in 2002-03 and made $9.5MM. I would guess Kemp would be in the $10MM range for 2010-11.

[h1]Dodgers Focused On Pineiro, Padilla[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [January 13 at 9:55am CST]

It's been a quiet offseason for the Dodgers, as they've unloaded Juan Pierre while adding Jamey Carroll and a cast of minor league signings. With Randy Wolf joining the Brewers, there's still a strong need to add a veteran starting pitcher.

The Dodgers' search is focused on Joel Pineiro and Vicente Padilla, reports MLB.com's Ken Gurnick. Gurnick indicates they've backed off on Jon Garland. The Dodgers are aiming for a one-year deal, which might put Pineiro out of reach. Still, ESPN's Buster Olney wrote today that the Dodgers "are going through the process of getting approval for the funds necessary to make a Pineiro deal." Ed Price of AOL FanHouse tweeted Monday that the Mets were talking to Pineiro about a two-year deal in the $15MM range, so it's probably a two-horse race.

A reunion with Padilla seems likely, especially if his price starts to plummet. Early in the offseason, interest was mutual. The Dodgers' main competition appears to be the Cardinals, who are trying to stretch $6-7MM across several needs.

bobbleheads for 2010.

May 18 - Andre Ethier

June 8 - Jonathan Broxton

July 20 - James Loney

Aug. 17 - Matt Kemp

I know BN got his tickets already for brox bobblehead.

Back
Top Bottom