OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

i probably wont renew my season tickets..

unless there is a big signing or some hope. i would just sit there angry. i can sit at home and save my money.

i have no patience. if the angels get halliday... i wont talk trash to any angels fans all year.

and if the phils or yanks get him, west coast baseball should just not play. no point.. they dont take it serious enough.

http:// [h3]Olney: Dodgers frozen in inaction[/h3]
9:49AM ET

[h5]Los Angeles Dodgers[/h5]
Top Email

The McCourt divorce saga has called into question how effectively the Los Angeles Dodgers can function this offseason.

As the winter meetings began, team president Dennis Mannion told the LA Times that there would be no immediate changes to the payroll.

Now that the gathering in Indianapolis is almost done, it appears the LA landscape is drastically altered. ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney writes in today's blog how the Dodgers are "frozen in inaction."

According to Buster: "Dodgers executives have been saying that in spite of the on-going divorce proceedings between Frank and Jamie McCourt, it's business as usual. They really can't say anything else publicly; they have to maintain that posture. But executives with rival teams and agents just assume that the Dodgers baseball operations are essentially locked down."

Great showing at the winter meetings so far
alien.gif

Like I said, this is Manny's last year with us - make it count.

The Giants talks with Dan Uggla is warming up and the Phillies are open to bringing Roy Halladay on board.

sick.gif

Sidenote: Anyone looking for a XBOX360 20gb, 1 controller, GH II with 2 guitars, pga 08 all for $175.

my boy lives right near USC and you can check it out whenever you want.

http:// [h3]What is up with LAD?[/h3]
12:20PM ET

Top Email

ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney wrote Thursday that the Dodgers' current financial freeze has them falling behind their rivals in the National League, particularly their divisional foes.

The club has some areas they'd certainly like to shore up -- second base and the starting rotation -- but their financial restraints prevented them from even offering arbitration to http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4087Randy Wolf and http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5029Orlando Hudson, suggesting the Dodgers will be bargain hunting in January.

Might it be a scenario that forces the team to revamp for future years by trading one or more of their arbitration-eligible players such as http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=6481Andre Ethier?

It's unknown how long or to what extent the current ownership situation will impact the roster, but a lot could happen this winter, and in so many different directions.

We checked in with Keith Law to survey the options for the Dodgers, as far as trading some core talent, such as outfielder Andre Ethier, who made $3.1 million in 2009 as a Super Two, and could double that this winter.

law_keith_30.jpg
[h5]Keith Law[/h5]
Ethier's a sell-high commodity, but a tough sell for fans
"Ethier might be a good sell-high situation although I imagine LAD fans would riot. He's 27 and has already hit for more power than I expected him to show, but while there's no reason to expect another bump, the acquiring team would get a few peak years. It could be a situation where L.A. gets a few valuable young players that run cheaper in the present and are further away from free agency. But GM Ned Colletti has never made a deal like that and I think it would send the code that runs his central nervous system into an infinite loop."

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

http:// [h3]What is up with LAD?[/h3]
12:20PM ET

Top Email

ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney wrote Thursday that the Dodgers' current financial freeze has them falling behind their rivals in the National League, particularly their divisional foes.

The club has some areas they'd certainly like to shore up -- second base and the starting rotation -- but their financial restraints prevented them from even offering arbitration to http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4087Randy Wolf and http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5029Orlando Hudson, suggesting the Dodgers will be bargain hunting in January.

Might it be a scenario that forces the team to revamp for future years by trading one or more of their arbitration-eligible players such as http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=6481Andre Ethier?

It's unknown how long or to what extent the current ownership situation will impact the roster, but a lot could happen this winter, and in so many different directions.

We checked in with Keith Law to survey the options for the Dodgers, as far as trading some core talent, such as outfielder Andre Ethier, who made $3.1 million in 2009 as a Super Two, and could double that this winter.

law_keith_30.jpg
[h5]Keith Law[/h5]
Ethier's a sell-high commodity, but a tough sell for fans
"Ethier might be a good sell-high situation although I imagine LAD fans would riot. He's 27 and has already hit for more power than I expected him to show, but while there's no reason to expect another bump, the acquiring team would get a few peak years. It could be a situation where L.A. gets a few valuable young players that run cheaper in the present and are further away from free agency. But GM Ned Colletti has never made a deal like that and I think it would send the code that runs his central nervous system into an infinite loop."

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

im mad that this would even be suggested

Damn right we would riot.

Frank McCourt was supposed to bring back the winning tradition here, but so far we've known him for renovations to the stadium, adding ads to the outfieldwall, proposing a mall, bringing Manny to LA for revenue, and going through a divorce.

The last 2 years were great, but they always needed that one ace to put them over the hump, and it never came true.

I'm really torn here, if the core players are gone, I wouldn't imagine what I would think.

I don't think it's fair to really bash McCourt for the job he's done as a whole. He's made the stadium better, it's simply not fair tocriticize him for advertising when every stadium has just as much if not more than DS. He's even fielded competitive teams and has kept the payroll atleast in the top 10 of all of baseball. Considering the circumstances that he bought the team heavily leveraged and never had the TV revenue, it's hard tobe reasonable yet still expect him to have raised the payroll to $140 Million and just try to throw money at free agents to buy a title.

It's hard to really hate on Frank because after @#*%*%@ up majorly early, he's finally given this organization some stability in the front office, andwe have been a competitive team. That said, the fact that he just doesn't have any money really sucks from the perspective of the fan. Now the divorcecomes and the franchise is basically up for grabs at this point. It's not for sale, but the sale seems inevitable so the front office essentially hasit's hands tied behind it's back. I'm holding out the hope that we can get some ownership stability within the next 18 months or so. If we do, weshould be fine and we'll be able to hopefully win a championship with the core group we have. If not, we're ##$*%@.

[h1]McCourts' divorce drama moves halfway around the world[/h1] [h2]Jamie McCourt's driver, Jeff Fuller, visits Taiwan bearing Dodgers gifts for a legislator. Attorney for Dodgers owner Frank McCourt says the club will take 'whatever legal steps are necessary' to prevent his estranged wife and Fuller from presenting themselves as representatives of the team.[/h2]
[table][tr][td]
51031261.jpg

Jeff Fuller presents Sen. Justin Chou of Taiwan with a Dodgers jacket during a visit to his office. (Photo courtesy of Sen. Chou's office)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

By Bill Shaikin
December 11, 2009 | 3:31 p.m.

As Frank and Jamie McCourt each keep a low profile, another player in the Dodgers' divorce drama made an unusual public appearance halfway around the world.

In a twist that has Frank McCourt threatening legal action, the driver with whom he alleges Jamie McCourt had an affair met this week with a Taiwanese legislator interested in strengthening ties with the Dodgers.

Jeff Fuller presented a Dodgers jacket and an autographed baseball from Manager Joe Torre to Sen. Justin Chou. In turn, Chou invited Jamie McCourt to visit Taiwan.

In a telephone interview with The Times, Chou said he was unaware that neither Fuller nor Jamie McCourt currently works for the Dodgers.

"I'm not worried about such things," Chou said. "I'm looking forward to more interaction between Taiwanese baseball and the Dodgers. That's my only wish."

The Dodgers, who have Taiwanese pitcher Hong-Chih Kuo and infielder Chin-lung Hu on their roster, are in discussions with Major League Baseball about playing exhibition games in Taiwan in March, spokesman Josh Rawitch said. Fuller's visit was not on behalf of the club, Rawitch said.

Marshall Grossman, an attorney for Frank McCourt, said he is reserving the right to take "whatever legal steps are necessary" to prevent Fuller and Jamie McCourt from presenting themselves as representatives of the Dodgers.

Chou said he was introduced to Fuller by a mutual friend. He said Fuller presented himself as the "personal assistant to Jamie McCourt." He extended an invitation -- through Fuller -- for Jamie McCourt to visit Taiwan next month.

Mike Sitrick, a spokesman for Jamie McCourt, said she did not accompany Fuller to Taiwan and has no plans to visit there next month. Sitrick said he could not explain why Fuller was there, referring that question to Fuller.

The Times was unable to reach Fuller this week. Bert Fields, an attorney for Jamie McCourt, said he could not confirm what relationship Jaime McCourt currently has with Fuller.

Chou, who described himself as a "longtime Dodger fan" and a friend of Kuo, said he hoped the Dodgers would not only play the exhibition games but expand their scouting in Taiwan and perhaps offer advice about responding to a game-fixing scandal in the league there.

"Jamie is experienced at organizing baseball teams, like the Dodgers," Chou said.

Jamie McCourt, who was the Dodgers' chief executive officer, and Fuller, the driver who became her boyfriend, each have been fired by Frank McCourt. The McCourts filed for divorce in October.

Frank McCourt claims he is the sole owner of the Dodgers; Jamie McCourt claims she is a co-owner of the team. A trial date to decide that issue could be set Tuesday.

After The Times spoke with Chou, his office issued a news release describing Fuller's visit as "a personal trip" and expressing sorrow and regret for "any misunderstanding ... causing any distress to Jamie McCourt."

Tommy Yang of the Times' Beijing bureau contributed to this report.
You can't be serious

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
that's what I'm tryna figure out.

Dude must have not gotten the memo that he was fired
laugh.gif
I mean look at the picture, the jacket has the name stitched in it an everything.

This has officially become a circus.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/12/dodgers-sign-josh-towers.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Sign Josh Towers[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 12 at 12:02am CST]

The Dodgers signed pitcher Josh Towers to a minor league deal worth $700K in the Majors, according to the AP. Towers, 33 in February, posted a 3.05 ERA, 4.8 K/9, and 2.1 BB/9 in 103.3 Triple A innings for the Yankees and Nationals organizations this year. Towers' best years were with the Blue Jays, namely an '05 season where he posted a 3.71 ERA in 208.6 innings. He has a career BB/9 mark of just 1.5.

Cool.

EDIT: teehee I got post 562

laugh.gif

http:// [h3]Wang a fit in LA?[/h3]
9:51AM ET

[h5]Chien-Ming Wang | Yankees[/h5]
Top Email

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=6209Chien-Ming Wang had back-to-back 19-win seasons pitching for Joe Torre and the http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyyNew York Yankees in 2006 and 2007.

Wang is now a free agent after the Yankees decided not to tender him a contract and Bryan Hoch of MLB.com writes that the Dodgers, currently managed by Torre, might have some interest in the injury-plagued pitcher.

The Yankees would like to sign Wang to a minor league deal, but agent Alan Nero said "I think it's difficult to rationalize a non-tender as further building a bridge with a team, but we'll see."

Torre has so many pitchers under his resume in which their arm has totally failed them.

Didn't Wang have like a back-to-back 15-18 win season?

But really, we have bigger needs to focus on than another injured pitcher trying to join the club.

The organization is all over the place, really haven't heard of any direction in which this team is going in and we made no noise during winter meetings.

Last year with Manny and Scully, let's make it count.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

The organization is all over the place, really haven't heard of any direction in which this team is going in and we made no noise during winter meetings.

Last year with Manny and Scully, let's make it count.
I agree that the organization is all over the place, but not making noise in the Winter Meetings worked out fine last year.

Who knows, maybe a new owner comes in and convinces Vin to stay beyond next year.

Yeah it worked out fine, but we can only be NL West Champs for so many years - if we ain't making it to the big show then we're chumps.

I'm not asking to make ******ed moves, but show the fans that you're gonna be aggressive enough to go after players or keep players. I find it hard tobelieve that this team is broke (if thats gonna be the excuse of not going after players).

Just like the Wolf situation, Ned says he has no regrets on not offering Wolf arbitration - we all knew he'd be a hot commodity come the meetings.

I'd like to see how all the FA starting pitchers plays out.

It's just becoming frustrating, we ain't getting younger here.

Teams like the RedSox, Yankees, Angels, Phillies are all getting better and the Dodgers seem like they're just tryna pickup the leftovers.
Roy Halladay Rumors: Monday
By Tim Dierkes [December 14 at 1:49pm CST]

CSN's Jim Salisbury reports today that the Phillies are "actively talking" about a contract extension with Roy Halladay's agent, according to two baseball sources. One of those sources told Salisbury Doc is likely to take a physical with the Phillies this week. The Philadelphia Inquirer's Andy Martino adds that Halladay and his agent have checked into a Philadelphia-area hotel.

What's more, Salisbury writes of "indications that pitcher Cliff Lee could be traded." SI's Jon Heyman wrote today that Lee would take no discount to sign an extension.

sick.gif

I read that rumor of Lee possibly being traded to the Dodgers in some 3 team trade.

Back
Top Bottom