OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

He keeps doing one year deals.

With the way $@$% looks though, I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't sign one for 2011

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

With the way $@$% looks though, I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't sign one for 2011
i think this will be his last year too but i think he would have retired even if the divorce thing wasnt going on.

ill wait to see if anyone gets traded before i start bashing anyone yet.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

scully =

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Start bashing dudes IYN
laugh.gif

i really dont think anything will happen this offseason anyway so i dont think there will be much to be critical about. hope not anyway

All from dodgersrumors.com

its everything I dont want to hear. its like the opposite of my thoughts.

The Dodgers appear out of the Dan Uggla trade talk. I still think he would be a good fit, and probably wouldn't cost top prospects at this point.
amd why isnt it happening? oh yea we are lame.

The Dodgers are not in on any Edwin Jackson trade talk.
lame.

The Dodgers and Jays talked Roy Halladay again, and decided they don't match up.
lame!

Of the Dodgers' free agents, Colletti has talked to Brad Ausmus the most.

oooooh exciting!!! add to the 35 and older club!

The Dodgers view pitching prospects Scott Elbert and Josh Lindblom as starters. They are more open to using James McDonald as a reliever.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Ned Colletti says the Dodgers are "unlikely" to sign anyone at this weeks Winter Meetings.

All in all a good way to finish out day one of the Winter Meetings.
lol wut

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Your lists:

http://
The Dodgers had interest in former Dodgers pitcher Edwin Jackson, but passed after hearing Detroit's asking price in prospects.
from Ken Gurnick

frown.gif

looks like hes headed to the diamondbacks

http:// [h3]Change in Dodgers' payroll?[/h3]
9:01AM ET

[h5]Los Angeles Dodgers[/h5]
Top Email

The McCourt divorce saga has called into question how effectively the Los Angeles Dodgers can function this offseason.

T.J. Simers of the LA Times writes today that team president Dennis Mannion has a more prominent role in the organization. As for the payroll, Mannion sees no immediate change.

"I do not believe in this year, 2010, the Dodgers' payroll will be impacted by anything relative to the McCourts' personal life," Mannion said. "I can't predict what will happen in 2011. I'm not a family lawyer and don't understand what might happen in the long term. But for 2010, I don't see any."

The Dodgers view pitching prospects Scott Elbert and Josh Lindblom as starters. They are more open to using James McDonald as a reliever.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Here we #+$$@## go, sounds like we're rebuilding here.

This is god damn pathetic.

Kershaw (gonna be a lot of expectations from the kid)
Kuroda (showing his age)
Bills (stay off that ice)

smh.gif

[h1]Dodgers Want One-Year Deals For Pitchers[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 8 at 2:46pm CST]

The Dodgers have talked to the agents for Randy Wolf, Vicente Padilla, and Joel Pineiro, according to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick, but the team won't discuss multiyear deals. Wolf and Pineiro will almost certainly get multiyear contracts this winter, Padilla maybe not. The Dodgers already passed up one chance to get Wolf on a one-year deal (or at least two draft picks) when they decided not to offer him arbitration.

Gurnick says the Dodgers intend to wait out the market and find pitchers who will sign one-year deals later in the offseason. It worked with Wolf last time around.

Originally Posted by sinser13

[h1]Dodgers Want One-Year Deals For Pitchers[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 8 at 2:46pm CST]

The Dodgers have talked to the agents for Randy Wolf, Vicente Padilla, and Joel Pineiro, according to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick, but the team won't discuss multiyear deals. Wolf and Pineiro will almost certainly get multiyear contracts this winter, Padilla maybe not. The Dodgers already passed up one chance to get Wolf on a one-year deal (or at least two draft picks) when they decided not to offer him arbitration.

Gurnick says the Dodgers intend to wait out the market and find pitchers who will sign one-year deals later in the offseason. It worked with Wolf last time around.

sounds awesome. world series, here we come

[h4]Tigers among Juan Pierre's suitors - 12:17 p.m.[/h4]
The Tigers are among the teams pursuing Dodgers outfielder Juan Pierre during the winter meetings, multiple major league sources told FOXSports.com.

The Dodgers want a reliable pitcher in exchange for Pierre. With $18.5 million left on his guarantee, a swap of similar contracts would be ideal. But it's doubtful that Los Angeles would view any of Detroit's expensive, oft-injured starters - Jeremy Bonderman, Nate Robertson, Dontrelle Willis - as an attractive option.

So, in order for the Tigers and Dodgers to strike a deal, a third team would probably need to be involved.

Detroit would love to trade switch hitter Carlos Guillen for a pitcher, then ship the pitcher to the Dodgers for Pierre.

Even after acquiring young center fielder Austin Jackson in the Curtis Granderson trade, the Tigers would be able to give Pierre a fulltime role. If Jackson is ready to start on Opening Day, Pierre could play left. If Jackson isn't ready, Pierre could be the center fielder.

Either way, in that scenario Pierre would replace Guillen in the everyday lineup and Granderson as the leadoff man.

Opinion may be divided on whether Jackson will be ready to become a fulltime player in 2010, but even some of his strong supporters question whether he can be a leadoff man in the majors at 23. -- Jon Paul Morosi

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/12/randy-wolf-signing-imminent.html[/h1]
[h1]Randy Wolf To Sign With Brewers[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 9 at 11:46am CST]

11:46am: Haudricourt writes that there is a fourth-year club option and the value of the deal is "just under $30MM." Rosenthal says the final number is $29.75MM.

Make that $ Randy.

There goes our most consistent starter from last season, at least we have Scott Elbert who'll step up (
roll.gif
) ... er I mean at least we have 2 draft picks
grin.gif

This is great.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Make that $ Randy.

There goes our most consistent starter from last season, at least we have Scott Elbert who'll step up (
roll.gif
) ... er I mean at least we have 2 draft picks
grin.gif

This is great.

laugh.gif

Don't forget Mr. Clutch, Eric Stults.

Dylan Hernandez saying Ned Colleti has no regrets on not offering arb to Wolf, Ned talking outta his #*$ now.

damn randy gettin paid.
Props to him.

Doesn't look good for the bums. Damn McCourts, Damn Selig. Who approves a buyer who doesn't have the money upfront to purchase a team.

I have always been proud to be a Dodger fan, but I can't live in the past. I'm slowly losing interest, even before the past two NLCS appearances.

We can't get the right package together for the big player, or develop the big player. We have Martin
ohwell.gif
, Either
smokin.gif
(let's see what he does this year, Kemp ( good player but not a superstar),Billingsley ( could potentially be having psychological issues), Kershaw(Could be the superstar). We did get Manny, and it was because he didn't costmuch.

Randy played solid, wanted to play in Socal. Could of been our number 3.

Thank you god for the LAKERS!

Kemp is a superstar in the making, that's without question.

We still see how much he needs to grow as a baseball player by seeing some of his routes in the outfield, his plate discipline (he did well in the start of theseason but really lost it in the second half). These are all flaws as a young player we should expect and I hope he ditches that rap career and works on hisgame.

IMO we should have pushed harder for Harden (giving him a 1yr with incentives) and there's still time to get Marquis. With that said, it won't happen.
mad.gif

No matter how good this team is / was there is always room for improvement.

The Yankees fresh off their World Series victory are back at it getting better.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/12/roy-halladay-rumors-wednesday-1.html[/h1]
[h1]Roy Halladay Rumors: Wednesday[/h1]
By Luke Adams [December 9 at 7:19pm CST]

7:30pm: A major league source tells Bastian that Halladay might waive his not-trade clause to join the Angels.

7:19pm: The Angels have made an offer, according to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun. They'd give up Joe Saunders, Erick Aybar and Peter Bourjos for Halladay. Saunders and Aybar are set to become free agents after 2012. Halladay, of course, would have to approve any deal, but one unnamed executive implies the Angels believe Halladay would accept.

sick.gif

All this +!$@ makes me double think about making the trip I was planning to boston
eyes.gif
the whole ownership/management is disappointing

Tell me about it, first thing I told my girl "I want nothing that has to do with the Dodgers for Christmas."

Ain't no way I'm gonna shell out money for this team when they can't even show us fans they want to win.

If this is their plan on how to be aggressive during the winter meetings, I hope season ticket purchases are down and all that $$%*.
laugh.gif

Colletti stays the course with Billingsley
Dodgers GM Ned Colletti revealed in an interview yesterday on SIRIUS XM that he has spoken to All-Star pitcher Chad Billingsley numerous times this winter about his late-season struggles. Colletti is not inclined to trade the young right-hander.

"It's tough to replace a Chad Billingsley. I know people are disappointed with what transpired the last two-plus months of the season. Prior to that, you could probably compare him to a lot of the upper echelon starting pitching in the game who's 26, 27 years old and younger. What we need to do is we don't need to subtract as much as we need to add. He struggled. We'll see what he learns from the struggle because everybody loses. It's what you learn when you lose. If I'm going to trade a good young pitcher, we'd have to get two pretty good starters back, which people just don't have to trade. I'm confident in Chad that he can come back. I've talked to him a handful of times this winter…

"Sometimes, you have to make your guys better. You just can't continue to expect to fill everything from the outside and continue to sign free agents and continue to trade away players. You end up in the same spot more times than not and most of the time worse off than before you started making moves…

"A lot of people were down on Matt Kemp a couple of years ago. It takes time. You have to be patient. I think the toughest thing for a lot of us to do is to fight off the urge to be impatient."

you guys sound worse than me.
laugh.gif

i have faith in billingsley. have to have faith at this point. id rather have halladay but if bills can get it together and kershaw can improve, it wont bethat bad. i assume kemp and ethier will only get better as well.

Back
Top Bottom