OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

Soy is so bad it even messed up that webpage ironman.
laugh.gif

Silk Vanilla Soy
pimp.gif

Thoughts on guys like: Marquis, Harden, or maybe bringing Giambi back home to be the lefty on the bench?
We got $.

The site is currently unavailable; please contact the system administrator.

Maybe its my phone?
nerd.gif

weird, works now.

sin is mw2 sick? kinda tempted since my bro-in-law talking all highly of it.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

weird, works now.

sin is mw2 sick? kinda tempted since my bro-in-law talking all highly of it.

game is dope, haven't played campaign mode yet just online.

[h1]Latest buzz from MLB's GM meetings[/h1] [h4]Dodgers called "a mess" by rival GM - 8 p.m.[/h4]
The Divorce Court Dodgers, in the words of one rival general manager, are "a mess."

The team's payroll, direction, future ... unknown.
[table][tr][td]
10351440_36_2.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Frank and Jamie better figure it out for the Dodgers' sake. (Kevork Djansezian / Getty Images)[/td] [/tr][/table]
The divorce proceedings between owner Frank McCourt and his wife Jamie are almost certain to affect the way the Dodgers operate.

Then again, general manager Ned Colletti is accustomed to working under unique financial restrictions.

Colletti faces two major issues this offseason:

• Three of his starting pitchers - Randy Wolf, Vicente Padilla and Jon Garland - are free agents.
  • Nine Dodgers are eligible for salary arbitration, including many of the team's young, core players.
    At the moment, Colletti only can make cash-neutral trades, according to major-league sources.

Like most executives, he is no rush to act quickly in an uncertain economic landscape. And he clearly is capable of great patience; he waited until March last off-season to re-sign free-agent outfielder Manny Ramirez.

Colletti said he would like to add at least one starting pitcher, "but the free-agent market doesn't do a lot for me, certainly not at the top."

He also rose to the defense of right-hander Chad Billingsley, saying, "We haven't given up hope that he will be a top-of-the-rotation pitcher. And (Clayton) Kershaw is right with him, in some ways ahead of him."

Billingsley is one of the Dodgers' arbitration-eligible players, along with closer Jonathon Broxton and outfielders Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp.

The rest of the group includes catcher Russell Martin, first baseman James Loney, outfielder Jason Repko and left-handed relievers Hong-Chih Kuo and George Sherrill.

"We're not going to move any of 'em just to move 'em," Colletti said. "But if you end up getting in situations where the talent doesn't equal the value of the contract, it becomes just like everything else."
    nerd.gif

A situation in which hard decisions must be made.

I'm more interested in the possibility of acquiring Brandon Phillips, even if it means taking a bad contract like Harang's or Arroyo's.

Edwin Jackson would be nice, but giving up more prospects to get a guy we gave away is not that appealing to me.

Jackson is still affordable. He'll make less than $4 Mil in arbitration this coming year, and he's a great pitcher.

That and we never should have traded him in the first place.

WEDNESDAY, 9:38am: FOX's guys continue to work this story, stating that the Dodgers "have some interest" in bringing Jackson back to the organization. The writers add that the teams have not discussed a Jackson-George Sherrill swap, though the Tigers liked Sherrill at the trade deadline.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That would make too much sense.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

WEDNESDAY, 9:38am: FOX's guys continue to work this story, stating that the Dodgers "have some interest" in bringing Jackson back to the organization. The writers add that the teams have not discussed a Jackson-George Sherrill swap, though the Tigers liked Sherrill at the trade deadline.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That would make too much sense.

Unloading Sherrill for Jackson, shouldn't have given him up in the first place
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Danny Baez
indifferent.gif

wait what?

he was trash with the dodgers and trash his 1st few years in Tampa bay

it took him 5 major leauge season to start pitching like most thought he could

dude should have been traded when he was cause he was a bum

I would do a Jackson-Sherrill swap in a heart beat. We really don't need Sherrill, especially if we keep Kuo on the "Joba" plan. On top of thatthe Tigers are looking for a closer and Sherrill is an above average closer. I would do this trade straight up.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wait what?

he was trash with the dodgers and trash his 1st few years in Tampa bay

it took him 5 major leauge season to start pitching like most thought he could

dude should have been traded when he was cause he was a bum
Jackson was pitching horribly.

You fail to mention that he was rushed to the big leagues, never really having the control to get major league hitters out.

It also should be noted that he was one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, with great stuff.

Someone you don't trade for Danys Baez and Lance Carter. Simply because you can always find bullpen guys, potential top of the rotation starters are notguys you can always find. I did think Jackson needed a change of scenery, he was pitching like a "bum" whenever he was in the majors. That said,Danys Baez and Lance Carter ?
alien.gif

George Sherrill, Scott Van Slyke, and Cory Wade. I'd throw in another prospect if Detroit really wanted someone.

Wait, Slyke and another prospect for Edwin freakin Jackson?

This was his first great year after being dealt around like Q-Rich.

Like Ironman said, a straight up deal would make the most sense.

He was more consistent in L.A being a pinch runner than throwing strikes consistently.

I proposed Van Slyke because his Dad was the first base coach for the Tigers (and we have a ton of OF prospects ahead of Scott). Come to find out that Andy VanSlyke was fired after the season.

The thought is that Detroit needs to shed payroll and improve the bullpen. Since Sherrill and Ejax make the same more or less, we should throw in a prospectfrom an area where we have depth (and where the Tigers will have holes soon) to make the deal.

Edwin still walks a lot of guys, and was awful in the second half of the season. However he was mostly bad in September and October, where he threw a ton ofinnings and more than he's ever thrown. I'd expect him to be above average next year and fit in very nicely behind Drysdale and Koufax Bills and Kershaw.

I'm really for shedding Pierre and Sherrill to make room for Halladay's contract. Now I'm creating delusions of grandeur in my head of sheddingPierre's salary, and using prospects to get Uggla or Phillips and getting a much cheaper starting option in Ejax for Sherrill. That would be an amazingoff-season.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

He was more consistent in L.A being a pinch runner than throwing strikes consistently.

QFT

i could care less who we got for him back then, i remember at the time of the trade most dodger fans where shock we got any kind of vaule for him. could careless if he was rated as a to propsect when he got his chance he was a BUM and everyone in baseball thought the same. he was going to bring NOBODY back

I was about to type up how Edwin Jax fell off the second half of the season, don't know whether it was mechanics or was a workhorse but I just think youmight be overvaluing him because you want to see him back with the Dodgers.

You really could care less who we got back for him? That has a lot to do with a trade.

To say that a young pitcher with Jackson's stuff had no value is beyond foolish. If he had no value then we wouldn't have gotten anybody back. We didget people back. Colletti just chose to go after two relievers who sucked.

Jackson was 21!!!!! 21 years old!!!! you don't give up on 21 year olds for middle-aged relievers. YOU DON'T SELL LOW! EVER!!!

And I'm not overvaluing. I don't think he's going to be an ace savior or anything, I just think that for $4 Million and under control through 2011it's definitely something we should pursue because we can add a good starter who's cheap and deal from our strengths while doing so.

Brandon Phillips contract:

He's owed $6.75 Mil in '10, $11 Mil in '11 and a $12 Mil option ($1 Mil buyout) in '12.

His OPS in 2009 was .776, only two points higher than Orlando Hudson's.

Depending on the price in prospects, I would be interested. I'm scared by the fact that he hits so much better at Great American Ballpark.

I'm not sure he'd be worth the $11 Mil in '11.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Unfortunately I live in $!%$ ty $#@ long beach

Grew up in Bellflower. It's still home. Still out there all the time.

No vegan diet, couldn't maintain.

Just eating better, and ditched soda and chips and fast food altogether except for those super rare occasions.

I just bought a carton of rice milk. You know, to try it out and compare to soy.

I like it a lot more.

i grew up in bellflower, then moved to Long Beach for college.
nerd.gif

now live in LA...

Back
Top Bottom