OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

and the dodgers have a great recent history of signing bum %%! pitcher to minor leauge deals and they have a postive impact on the Major leauge team

Hey word is that troncoso is tying the knot next month.

My wife's coworker daughter used to play soccer with Troncoso fiance. Her name is Erica Gutierrez. Did anyone hear anything?

We are asking my wife's coworker if they could take us along. *crosses fingers

Hey Ironman, I'm sure you might have heard something. Do you get invited to weddings when the players get married?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

if he gets back on the juice i would be for it, otherwise i dont even think he is worth a minor league spot.

eek.gif
Somewhere russ martin is crossing his fingers.

Originally Posted by Beermann2

Hey word is that troncoso is tying the knot next month.

My wife's coworker daughter used to play soccer with Troncoso fiance. Her name is Erica Gutierrez. Did anyone hear anything?

We are asking my wife's coworker if they could take us along. *crosses fingers

Hey Ironman, I'm sure you might have heard something. Do you get invited to weddings when the players get married?
Yeah, he is engaged *Sucka*
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I spoke to him today at the Under the Lights event. He is whooped something ugly right now.

I don't even like going to my close friend's wedding, why would I go to a player wedding. I'm sure that fool is getting married in the DR.

Crazy, that dude came a long way. From a shy, goofy kid barely hanging on to a roster spot to being one of Torre's most trusted arms and getting whoopedon the first piece of $@+ he got
roll.gif
roll.gif

He's a cool dude though,
smokin.gif

The Pirates "first made it clear" they were willing to deal Ryan Doumit before the trade deadline, while the Dodgers have been having "internal conversations" about bringing Jamey Carroll aboard as a utility infielder.

http:// [h3][/h3]
[h3]Olney: Uggla or Phillips to LA?[/h3]
1:54PM ET

[h5]Los Angeles Dodgers[/h5]
Top Email

ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney tweets this afternoon that "the Dodgers (are) aggressively seeking a second baseman... We've heard about Uggla out there; Would Brandon Phillips make sense? We'll see."

The Phillips suggestion falls in line with Olney's news earlier today the club is looking to move closer Francisco Corder and his big contract, because Phillips himself is due $18.75 million guaranteed over the next two years.

As for the Dodgers, they recognized Orlando Hudson's defense last winter, which could be a sign that they may not have interest in the defensively-challenged Dan Uggla at second this time around.

Phillips is a strong defender and could fit in L.A. but it remains to be seen whether 1) the Reds are interested in trading Phillips, and 2) whether the two clubs could match up on such a deal.

RIP to Jonathan Figueroa

I remember reading about him so much back in HS

was a BA top prospect in the organization a few years back.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

[h3]Olney: Uggla or Phillips to LA?[/h3]
1:54PM ET

[h5]Los Angeles Dodgers[/h5]
Top Email

ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney tweets this afternoon that "the Dodgers (are) aggressively seeking a second baseman... We've heard about Uggla out there; Would Brandon Phillips make sense? We'll see."

The Phillips suggestion falls in line with Olney's news earlier today the club is looking to move closer Francisco Corder and his big contract, because Phillips himself is due $18.75 million guaranteed over the next two years.

As for the Dodgers, they recognized Orlando Hudson's defense last winter, which could be a sign that they may not have interest in the defensively-challenged Dan Uggla at second this time around.

Phillips is a strong defender and could fit in L.A. but it remains to be seen whether 1) the Reds are interested in trading Phillips, and 2) whether the two clubs could match up on such a deal.
Classic Olney

Basically speculates on nothing.

I'd be a fan of either guy, as long as Ned doensn't get bent over in the trade.

As for Ned not getting bent over in the trade ... I'm not so confident

[h3]Halladay to Yankees or Red Sox?[/h3]
1:19PM ET

[h5]Roy Halladay | Blue Jays[/h5]
Top Email

Yesterday we mentioned that the Toronto Blue Jays, according to Jordan Bastian of MLB.com, will grant teams a window to negotiate a contract extension with Roy Halladay, if the return on a trade would significantly improve.

We also mentioned that this completely changes the value of the ace right-hander, with clubs now able to see him as a long-term option, rather than potentially a one-year rental.

But it also significantly impacts the number of suitors for the former Cy Young Award winner, perhaps down to as few as two. SI.com's Jon Heyman handicaps the suitors today, citing the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox as 1 and 1A.

But if there is a sleeper team out there, who might that be? How about the Chicago Cubs or Los Angeles Dodgers?

Both clubs have the finances, both have a chance to win, which is what Halladay will certainly require, and while the Cubs' farm system isn't atop the league right now, there are a few intriguing talents that could fill out a package for Halladay.

[h3]Smoltz may love LA[/h3]
10:43AM ET

[h5]John Smoltz | Cardinals[/h5]
Top Email

John Smoltz has drawn preliminary interest from the Cardinals, Dodgers, Mets and Mariners, according to FoxSports.com. The report says the 42-year-old right-hander is open to being used as a starter or reliever.

Agent Keith Grunewald confirmed the Dodgers' interest in Smoltz to the LA Times. The Dodgers were among the teams that pursued Smoltz when he was released by the Red Sox in August.

[h3]Dodgers in DeRosa chase[/h3]
10:25AM ET

[h5]Mark DeRosa | Cardinals | Interested: Dodgers?[/h5]
Top Email

Free agent infielder Mark DeRosa seems to have no shortage of suitors, and agent Keith Grunewald told Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times that the interested clubs include the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Grunewald said "the interest is mutual" and, likely any good agent, said other clubs are lining up for his client's services. Grunewald also lists the Cardinals, Mariners, Giants and Phillies as part of a long list of candidates.

Jim Salisbury of the Philly Inquirer reported last week that the Phils' wish list at third base is headed by free agents DeRosa, Placido Polanco, and Adrian Beltre.

Gotta love the hot stove league. Article is titled "Smoltz may love LA" but doesn't say anything but that the Dodgers are among several teamsinterested.

However, this quote drew my attention:
The report says the 42-year-old right-hander is open to being used as a starter or reliever.
I'd be all for Smoltz over say Pedro or Chan Ho because he wouldn't insist on wanting a rotation spot. Smoltz would be a good guy for usto sign IMO

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Gotta love the hot stove league. Article is titled "Smoltz may love LA" but doesn't say anything but that the Dodgers are among several teams interested.
yea thats what i noticed after i posted too. theres a bunch of other "rumors" on there that are the same and espn is just pulling @#%@outta their $%! and trying to concoct their own deals/ideas

Gonzalez is one of the best players in baseball under a ridiculously cheap contract for two more years. To give up what it would take to get him only toupgrade a position that we don't really need to upgrade when we have other holes to fill would be a poor allocation of resources. Considering the ownershipsituation, nobody even knows if we have any resources at all, let alone if we would have the freedom to allocate them poorly. I'd love Adrian, I justdon't see it happening.

Similar situation with Halladay. He's only under contract for one more year at a very high $16 Mil. If we were able to shed some salary, and give up thehigh asking price that it would take to get him (which may be higher, now that reports indicate the Sox and Yanks could be in play) then would we be able togive him the extension he'll command (think $18-$20 Mil a season for 4-5 years). And if we could do all of those things, clear salary to pay him this year,and then extend him, would that even make sense to do? Giving that much money and years to a pitcher on the wrong side of 35 isn't the best idea. Of coursewe don't even know what's going on with the ownership situation, so pretending we could even afford that is faulty at best. I'd LOVE Doc, but Ijust don't see it happening.

A more reasonable off-season plan would be going cheap at 2B with Belliard and DeWitt, and adding someone like Edwin Jackson to the rotation. If you want toget wild you could try to trade Kuroda to add Halladay and do a whole bunch of stuff. I think what the Cubs did the off-season after having the best record inthe NL should be a cautionary tale for Colletti. Keeping the same team, with a few minor additions should produce similar results. I'm hoping thatimprovements from Martin, Furcal and Loney will improve our overall record next season.

If we had a choice I'd go with Adrian, no doubt.

Inserting his bat and defense into a lineup everyday with Kemp, Ethier and a Man-Ram hitting behind or in front of him
eek.gif

Doc is nice, but I'm just a huge Gonzo fan.

-on espn theyre now talking about AGon being linked to the white sox.
-red sox are in the rumors for EVERY guy out there. Halladay, Holiday, Miguel Cabrera, John Lackey, AGon

From Bob Nightengale's Twitter:

#mlb Keep and eye on developing three-way trade talk with Tigers and Mariners and mystery team involving M's Brandon Morrow and Dets Jackson

*crosses fingers*
#mlb The Dodgers badly need an ace and are focusing on Blue Jay ace Roy Halladay. The Dodgers would have to give up Billingsley and others.
I'm not exactly sure we "badly" need anything. Giving up Billingsley for Halladay makes very little sense.

Back
Top Bottom