OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

Are you seriously still defending those trades?

Offer some sort of analysis, please.

Just because you need something doesn't mean you pay twice the acceptable price.

It doesn't matter if Josh Bell is the next Andy LaRoche. Andy was traded for someone of great value. Josh Bell was traded for a relief pitcher that canbarely hit 90.

If you're going to be hard on Broxton you have to be hard on Sherrill too, btw. Both of them sucked in the NLCS, after being great in the NLDS.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Just because you need something doesn't mean you pay twice the acceptable price.
I mean who says what the acceptable price is?

I'm pretty sure if its something you need, you do whatever it takesto get that.

The difference between both of us is how high you put these prospects on a pedestal, show me what they do in the major league level then we'll talk.

If you're going to be hard on Broxton you have to be hard on Sherrill too, btw. Both of them sucked in the NLCS, after being great in the NLDS.
At least Sherrill attempted to get somebody out instead of curling into a little ball for the world to see.

I dunno BN, i'm more partial toward holding onto a prospect if it's at a position where we would need them and give them a legit shot before shippingthem out before sending them away blindly only to see them blossom elsewhere.

Different strokes for different folks.

I hope nothing but the best for Bell and mostly Abreu.

But factor in the thinking of McCourt / Colleti / Torre ... I'm sure the pressure of winning now played a big part in it.

mccourt being cheap throws all logic out the window. dumb moves will continue to be made for the sake of his wallet

laugh.gif

You won't have to worry about mccourt in a couple months iyn.

P MAC ONE wrote:

That is my beef with Ned too, that he always sells low on our top prospects.

• Edwin Jackson and Chuck Tiffany for Danys Baez and Lance Carter
Chuck Tiffany bombed with the Rays and is now in the Dodgers organization again. Danys Baez and Lance Carter both bombed with the Dodgers. I don'tknow where Lance Carter is now, Danys Baez is back with the Orioles. Danys Baez was terrible with the Dodgers so he got packaged with Willy Aybar to getWilson Betemit. At this point you have Edwin Jackson, Chuck Tiffany, Willy Aybar for Wilson Betemit.
smh.gif
. Wouldn't it be nice to have Edwin Jackson sincewe really got nothing out of Baez, Jackson or Carter.

• Dioner Navarro, Jae Wong Seo and Justin Ruggiano for Toby Hall, Mark Hendrickson
First of all we gave up Duaner Sanchez to get Seo (
smh.gif
), again Ned giving away a serviceable bullpen arm to get a starting flame out. Navarro was theDodgers catcher of the future, arriving with much fanfare since he was basically the only thing we got for Shawn Green and was one of the key pieces from theYankees in the Randy Johnson deal. He got injured after a rough start and was supplanted by Russell Martin. I didn't mind that they traded Navarro, Ijust thought and still think that we could've received more than Mark Hendrickson and Toby Hall.

• Joel Guzman and Sergio Pedroza for Julio Lugo
Joel Guzman was a highly touted prospect, with no position. He hasn't been able to stay on an MLB roster, and was last seen with the Nats. Pedrozais out of the league, last I heard. In the grand scheme of things, the Rays didn't get anything from a solid player either. However, we had no need forLugo, we gave up a highly touted prospect that could've been included in another deal for a guy who came off the bench and wasn't even good. Lugowalked at the end of the year.

• Casey Blake for Carlos Santana and Jon Meloan
This deal is basically Blake for Santana. The verdict is already out, Blake was solid in the second half of 2008 and we resigned him after the season. However, Santana is turning out to be one of the best catching prospects in baseball. I guess Ned was banking on the fact that Santana is a bit on the oldside and 2008 was his first solid year as a Catcher. Ned gambled and he lost. Blake has been solid, but Santana was a steep price to pay in order to have theIndians pick up the tab on Blake's remaining salary.

• George Sherrill for Josh Bell and Steve Johnson
Sherrill was solid and then completely fell apart in the NLCS. Bell is only getting better and had an ETA at about the same time Casey Blake was about tohit retirement. It is a questionable trade, especially since Bell was one of the players that the Blue Jays reportedly wanted in a deal for Halladay. ThatErik Bedard deal is still paying dividends for the Orioles.

• Jon Garland for Tony Abreu
Jon Garland was solid as well, and may still be resigned. He was left off the NLCS roster, which is not Ned's fault, but dealing Abreu who reboundednicely from two injury plagued seasons was not a smart move. On top of that, Abreu has the versatility to play any position on the diamond. His best positionis 2b, where we have an opening due to Orlando Hudson searching for greener pastures.

I think with a lot of these guys the patience with the people at the top got worn out.

Man it was always brutal watching Dioner at the plate though.

Sucks about Joel Guzman, he had nice power #s in the minors but he just never panned out.

Julio Lugo
smh.gif

Ironman how's the madden skills, are you in that xbox360 tourney
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I'm pretty sure if its something you need, you do whatever it takes to get that.

The difference between both of us is how high you put these prospects on a pedestal, show me what they do in the major league level then we'll talk.
So say you need a car.

And the only thing available is a Ford Focus

And they're charging you $30,000.

You'd still buy it?

I'm pretty sure if its something you need, you do whatever it takes to get that.

So say you need a car.

You'd still buy it?
So when you need gas and all there is in 87 Arco Gas at $5.99 / gallon, would you still fill up?

What you're saying is I NEED something and that's the only thing available, of course you'd do whatever ittakes to get that.

I do get what you're saying, but gotta look at it from the other side as well.

So say you need a car.

You'd still buy it?
So when you need gas and all there is in 87 Arco Gas at $5.99 / gallon, would you still fill up?

What you're saying is I NEED something and that's the only thing available, of course you'd do whatever it takes to get that.

I do get what you're saying, but gotta look at it from the other side as well.
I do see it from the other side.

I'm not against trading for Blake, or Sherrill or Garland.

I'm against giving up the 3 best switch hitting prospects in our organization for them.

Trading prospects is what we should be doing, we have a ton of great young players at the ML level. Ned just has an affinity for giving up way too much valuein prospects, and for selling off prospects. We could have used some of those guys to acquire great players, not good ones.

Let's see what Colletti does now ... since he got that extension
laugh.gif

It's my hope that he goes back to SF to be the asst. GM when Eli Broad buys the team.

happy.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I had heard kid had a golden arm but wanted to be a center fielder instead cuz he liked to hit. You know him 562?

yeah bro. He played ball with my brother. Same with Reggie Williams who's in the Twinkies organization.

Both came out of the urban youth academy at Compton City College.

Good kids, Doofy +%$ hell though.

Wheels for days.

Yea I knew a few kids who played against em. Ever since you guys got that new bad %*+ field, all kinds of good players wanted to go play for Bellflower.Somebody had told me if he woulda gone into the draft as a pitcher he would have been a 1st round pick, but he doesn't wanna pitch. He threw mid 90's?

[h1]Jamie McCourt opens up, says accusations are 'devastating'[/h1]
November 10, 2009 | 9:53 am

Times Sports columnist T.J. Simers sat down with Jamie McCourt for an hour this morning, and she gave her first public comments on the breakup of her marriage and the pending struggle for ownership of the Dodgers.

McCourt -- "creamed," as she said in divorce disclosures -- told Simers, "I'm going to take the high road -- I have four kids -- this is not something I would have played out in the public.

"To read everything that's been said is devastating, and my kids are pretty upset about it."

McCourt made it clear, "I have never been with another man until the marriage broke up. Ever. Ever."

She went on to rebut a number of allegations mentioned in court filings while explaining comments like "I've been the face of the Dodgers," which have opened her to ridicule.

The McCourts have been separated since July 6, according to court filings, and attorneys for each side have been swiping at the other since word of the separation became public in mid-October. Jamie McCourt has acknowledged being in a romantic relationship, though she said it did not begin until after she and her husband had separated.

Frank McCourt, accusing his wife of insubordination and inappropriate behavior, fired her as chief executive of the Dodgers on Oct. 21, and Jamie McCourt filed for divorce Oct. 27, laying claim to half of the Dodgers and the couple's reported $1.2 billion in assets.

She also asked that she be immediately reinstated to her position with the club.

On Nov. 5, that request to be reinstated was rejected in Los Angeles Superior Court, though the question of ownership of the Dodgers is one that will not be resolved for some time.

Simers' full account will be posted later today.

-- Mike James

Photo: Jamie McCourt, left, talks with Frank McCourt following Game 2 of the NLCS on Oct. 16 at Dodger Stadium. Credit: Danny Moloshok / Reuters

This Fort Hood Memorial is sad as hell
tired.gif

rip.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I had heard kid had a golden arm but wanted to be a center fielder instead cuz he liked to hit. You know him 562?

yeah bro. He played ball with my brother. Same with Reggie Williams who's in the Twinkies organization.

Both came out of the urban youth academy at Compton City College.

Good kids, Doofy +%$ hell though.

Wheels for days.

Yea I knew a few kids who played against em. Ever since you guys got that new bad %*+ field, all kinds of good players wanted to go play for Bellflower. Somebody had told me if he woulda gone into the draft as a pitcher he would have been a 1st round pick, but he doesn't wanna pitch. He threw mid 90's?

Yeah, it surely has attracted a few more kids.

It's the nicer, if not nicest, field in the suburban league.

The kid has a cannon, the speed on the ball in wild.

You can't waste his wheels on the mound though.

smokin.gif

Unfortunately I live in $!%$ ty $#@ long beach

Grew up in Bellflower. It's still home. Still out there all the time.

No vegan diet, couldn't maintain.

Just eating better, and ditched soda and chips and fast food altogether except for those super rare occasions.

I just bought a carton of rice milk. You know, to try it out and compare to soy.

I like it a lot more.

i dont drink much milk anyway and im allergic to soy so im sure rice would be better.
laugh.gif

one of my friends just bought a house in bellflower, thats why i asked. i dont know the area at all

If you are a dude, lay off the Soy.

It is bad for you, if you drink it excessively: Why Soy is Bad

Nothing on the baseball front but chatter. I still don't buy the "We don't have money" rumors floating around.

Back
Top Bottom