..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Originally Posted by truthmain

That man killed that ball. Victorino didn't even move,
laugh.gif

I forgot one.....

DjbbGTCc.jpg

I've watched the replay at least 16 times now, it's unbelievable. This Cubs team is resilient beyond belief. I know it sounds cliche', but damnI've never seen a team that's able to string a bunch of runs together like the Cubs. How many times have we been down, or in a close game, andsuddenly, bam, 4,5,6, 7 runs in an inning. I love it. Regardless of what's to come, I love it.

Originally Posted by aRog27

Originally Posted by truthmain

That man killed that ball. Victorino didn't even move,
laugh.gif

I forgot one.....

DjbbGTCc.jpg

I've watched the replay at least 16 times now, it's unbelievable. This Cubs team is resilient beyond belief. I know it sounds cliche', but damn I've never seen a team that's able to string a bunch of runs together like the Cubs. How many times have we been down, or in a close game, and suddenly, bam, 4,5,6, 7 runs in an inning. I love it. Regardless of what's to come, I love it.
This team has the insane ability to always come back from any deficit. Getting this kind of victory is a massive morale boost to a team thatalready had sky high morale. I dont believe in momentum in baseball but if i did the Cubs would have all of it. These guys just BELIEVE they are the best teamon any baseball field at any time. Mostly because they are.
devil.gif

I missed this entire game because of fantasy football draft.
grin.gif
When i gothome at about 10:30 i was watching the highlights on CSN and jumping around and yelling and i woke up Linda (my wife). She was mad at first but then shecompletely understood. I love being married to a baseball fan.
smokin.gif

6 in a row and 34 games over .500
eek.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

that grand slam was perhaps the best birthday gift i've ever received since my ex-GF serviced me for the very first time in 8th grade. this team alwaysfinds a way to win. GO CUBS!

Somebody tell me that there isn't something bigger happening here.
eek.gif

I can't even believe this season. If we weren't the Cubs people would already be polishing up our rings. But since we are.........
frown.gif

laugh.gif
Being a Cubs fan is so damn negative.
laugh.gif

great game. damn ram, what a clutch home run. hats off to cole, who pitched a heck of a game. i hope the cubs can find ways to get through top notch pitchersbecause come playoff time, that is all they'll see...playoff pitching is oh so tough.

Cubs remind me of the 2006 Mets.

Marmol should close things out today right? Wood pitched 3 straight days.

leettss goooooo!! hopefully the rest of this series goes well. i'm out of town for the weekend. have a good labor day, cubs fans! hopefully i come back tomy workdesk on Tuesday and we have like a sick 8 game lead or something.

I didn't mean that in a negative way.
laugh.gif

Just their ability to come back late in games, good pen, good SP.....things always go right.

LOL. the mets shoulda won it that year. i was living in queens that year.. and i jumped on that bandwagon for that postseason. damn cards! lol.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I didn't mean that in a negative way.
laugh.gif

Just their ability to come back late in games, good pen, good SP.....things always go right.
laugh.gif
sorry, I'm a Cubs fan so I am inherently defensive.

41950905.jpg

Soriano's Big Fly Proves to be Game Winner
Cubs Beat Phillies 3-2, Win 7th Straight
Alfonso Soriano hit a tiebreaking homer in the seventh inning, and the Cubs beat the Philadelphia Phillies 3-2 Friday for their seventh straight win,

Soriano's first homer in 15 days and 23rd of the season came off Clay Condrey (3-4). Chicago made the most of four hits and improved its record to a majorleague-best 85-50, including 51-19 at Wrigley Field.

Philadelphia had put runners at the corners with two outs in the top of the seventh before Ryan Howard's hard grounder went off Derrek Lee. The firstbaseman retrieved the ball and flipped to pitcher Jeff Samardzija for the out, but replays showed Howard beat the throw. Phillies third-base coach Steve Smithwas ejected by plate umpire Bill Welke during the ensuing argument.

Samardzija (1-0), a former Notre Dame receiver, got his first major league win. Carlos Marmol struck out two with two on in the eighth and pitched a perfectninth for his seventh save in nine chances.

Philadelphia, which began the day one game behind the NL East-leading New York Mets, lost its third in a row.

Matched against former Oakland teammate Rich Harden, Phillies starter Joe Blanton held the Cubs hitless until Aramis Ramirez hit a two-out single in thefourth. With a 2-0 lead, he ran into trouble the following inning when Mark DeRosa walked, stole second and moved to third on Henry Blanco's infield singleto third.

Pinch-hitter Daryle Ward hit a perfect double play grounder to second with one out but, after taking Chase Utley's toss for the forceout, shortstop JimmyRollins sailed a throw over Howard at first as DeRosa scored.

Chicago tied it in the sixth on four walks, three by Blanton and one by former-Cub Scott Eyre to Kosuke Fukudome.

Harden and Blanton were traded within nine days of one another in July and had chatted with each other behind the batting cage on Thursday.

Harden allowed two runs, three hits and four walks in five innings. In his first appearance against the Cubs, Blanton gave up two runs and two hits in 5 2-3innings.

Pat Burrell hit an RBI single in the first, and the Phillies made it 2-0 in the fifth. Utley singled and raced to third when Howard singled to right, thenscored when Fukudome's throw to first apparently hit Howard for an error, and the ball got away from Lee. Notes: The Phillies were held without anextra-base hit for the first time in 61 games since June 13th.

In 06? The offense was the best in the NL by far, the old farts just got injured at a bad time though.
indifferent.gif

I still remember when they hit 2 grand slams in the same inning @ Wrigley.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

I'm sayin it right now, Aramis and Sori both with the huge bombs to center, but they better stop watchin them fly with their bats in the air. Phillycan't really like that.
smh.gif
Hit the ball and go,hell especially Sori, he posed too damn much recently and all it got him was a single.
indifferent.gif

This team is so much a pleasure to watch. We have like 8 MVP's, but no mvp candidates.
laugh.gif
Serious, none of them should be in the top five except MAYBE Ramirez, but Sorihas been huge, Lee has been solid, Aramis of course, De Rosa has been HUGE, Jimmy has been a great pick up so far, Soto is the roy and has been terrific, Fukuhas been good, I mean, the whole damn team.
pimp.gif
The pitching staff isjust as solid, starters, mid relief, closer, they've all been good.

Cotts hasn't pitched good at all in a while.
smh.gif

Werth doesn't like us or something.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Looks like our streak is over.
tired.gif

as much of a cox-ughker you are I'd have to agree that the cardinals season is over.......brewers still aren't gonna do anything and I'm startingto see the cubs are forreal.

I just can't stop thinking that the cubs are still gonna fail once again

Milwaukee won again, Cubs lost again.....uh oh....this is why I don't predict anything in August.

Back
Top Bottom