..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Originally Posted by JCH3

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by CP1708

I know WildKcat, First Born, Zo, Stringer all got their gifs/pics at the ready of a panic button being pushed.
laugh.gif
They just waitin for Z's examination to go public.

But hey, Beckett went and saw Andrews and it turned out to be nothing too too serious, maybe we'll have the same luck with Z. *crosses fingers*

10915ec2e841091474aebbc32ddd846ef585bd8.pjpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was waiting for this.

laugh.gif

Thank you Born, I knew you would come thru.

What's up with Dempster getting two outs in an inning and then giving up runs?
sick.gif

Come on man, you never lose at home.
tired.gif

I don't know what to post/do. I'm almost speechless. We look like a totally different team out there. Like a Dusty team.

Idk, but if we somehow, someway, ch__e down the stretch in September, then it would be official. This would top them all. 69, 84, 03,04. idk man. We might be(insert the dreaded word that starts with a C) How can Big Z, somehow get injured? The man is not even 30. I understand Harden's "discomfort".

Yeah it's not official, but I am 99% sure that Z is hurt. My gut feeling. Why would he miss his scheduled MRI?

There's no fan that has it worse than Cubs fan. That is 100% true and I dare someone to prove me otherwise.

Have we ever faced Randy Wolf? I mean damn, this dude been suckin all year and he lookin like Cy Young tonight.
sick.gif

Possible sweep unless we pull off one of our patented miracles.
nerd.gif
frown.gif

Thank god for the Mets, otherwise I'd be cutting myself.

I can't begin to express my frustration. What the !*#! man.

I hate how the stros do just enough to keep me interested... we'll probably catch st louis and philly... then lose a bunch...

28 Blown %!%+#!@ SAVES!!!!
As far as I am concerned, our only weakness is our bullpen. It disgust me to see our starting pitchingand position players give it their all only to watch some piece of +@*$ douche bag who doesn't have to pitch more than 1 inning throw it all away.
smh.gif

Have we ever faced Randy Wolf? I mean damn, this dude been suckin all year and he lookin like Cy Young tonight.
sick.gif

Possible sweep unless we pull off one of our patented miracles.
nerd.gif
frown.gif
amazingly, and it only sounds "Cub-like", we did. Earlier this season he was pitching for the Padres before they dealt him to the Astrosb4 the trading deadline. At San Diego he started against us, AND WE TAGGED HIM FOR 4 PLUS INNINGS AND 7 RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

It only sounds like us...."cub-like" occurences. smh...

It's offical. Time to panic. Harden has discomfort and won't pitch until wednesday. Big Z is hurt, and he doesn't want us fans toknow, nor do the Cubs org. I know you can rely on one guy, but Z is the ACE of our staff. You cannot replace a Carlos Zambrano.(maybe Johan or Lincecum lolcan). He is irreplacable. Show me a team that won it all without their ace? None I tell you.

I just got off the phone from my friend. He thinks we can still make the playoffs. I gave him a dose of reality. "Who cares about the playoffs if wecan't win it all. I don't give a F about making the playoffs if we're another one and done early, quick exit.

I always held my ground, and patience with this team. I refused to believe the hype and thought it was too good to be true unless we play like how we did fromApril to August...in OCTOBER. It seems unbelievable, and eerily spooky that September is looking like it will all fall apart. I smell it. You know when a bigthunderstorm it approaching. I feel like that, is coming.

Hey I'm not too worried til I hear about Z's and Harden's arms. If I hear they're done, then I worry, til then, hell, we could lose thedivision, get our guys some rest, and still get the wild card and make a run in the postseason as long as everyone is healthy.
pimp.gif

We get an off day tomorrow, series with the Reds, off day Monday. Let's get thru that and see where we are. I mean we lose 5 straight right after winning7 straight and everyone is worried, yet we lost like 2 games off our lead. We'll be alright. Every team goes thru a bad stretch, lets do it now insteadof October.
happy.gif

When the f*^* did I become the optimist?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HtownRox14

I hate how the stros do just enough to keep me interested... we'll probably catch st louis and philly... then lose a bunch...

co-sign, but hey its nice to sweep the cubs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Brewers lose 3 in a row and only lose a game in the WC lead to the Phillies and Cards. Stupid Cardinals.
You are really trying to instigate aren't you?
indifferent.gif

maybe its time for a team meeting or for us to have a brawl or someone to get ejected to spark some fight back into us.

i say team meeting...it doesn't bother me that we have lost 5 games in a row...it bothers me that we were shut out twice in a series.

MLB scoring committee rules against Sabathia

MILWAUKEE -- Upon further review, the play stands.

Major League Baseball's scoring review committee ruled Wednesday that official scorer Bob Webb did not err when he decided that Pittsburgh's Andy LaRoche singled against Brewers pitcher CC Sabathia in the bottom of the fifth inning of Milwaukee's 7-0 win on Sunday.

Sabathia tried to make a barehanded pickup of LaRoche's softly hit grounder, but dropped it. Webb immediately ruled it a hit, explaining he watched LaRoche out of the batter's box and the runner was two-thirds of the way down the line as Sabathia was picking the ball up.

Webb said Wednesday night when reached at home that he was grateful for the kind words by MLB and also understood the Brewers' efforts to advocate for a potential historic game.

"There can and will be differences of opinions in scoring plays," Webb told The Associated Press. "Everyone else who is discussing it, it's in a context of a no-hitter or not a no-hitter. I have to look at the play outside of context, whether it's a no-hitter, a cycle or not a cycle, or for a batting title, for the integrity of the game."

On Wednesday, the committee viewed footage of the play in question and considered the documentation presented by the Brewers.

But the committee ruled that Webb's judgment was not "clearly erroneous," which is the standard set forth in Official Scoring Rule 10.01(a), and did not meet the criteria for reversal.

If the call had been reversed, it would have been the second no-hitter in Brewers history after Juan Nieves' performance on April 15, 1987 in a 7-0 win against Baltimore.

Instead, Sabathia joins a list that includes Skip Lockwood (1972), Jim Colborn (1973), Moose Haas (1985), Danny Darwin (1985) and Teddy Higuera (1987) for one-hitters in Milwaukee's franchise history.

Webb has been a major league official scorer for 20 seasons.

"The way the ball came off the bat, it was spinning, and it went to the left of the mound with a left-handed pitcher going to get it. It's a difficult play," Webb said at the time. "The definition requires standard effort, and that would have taken more than an ordinary effort. The runner was well down the line."

The Brewers clubhouse had cleared out after the ruling had come down. Milwaukee manager Ned Yost had originally called the decision a "joke," but general manager Doug Melvin said that the issue should be closed now.

"We appreciate the opportunity offered by the league to have plays reviewed. While we had hoped for a different outcome, we understand that an official scorer's role is very difficult," Melvin said in a statement. "We thank Major League Baseball and the committee for taking the time to consider our request, and we continue to move forward with a focus on winning games down the stretch."

Melvin backed off his comments earlier in the week that he might lobby for changes to the way official scoring decisions are made, but acknowledged that representatives of both teams push scorers on controversial calls.

"There's tremendous pressure to get it right," Melvin later told The Associated Press. "But we have to move on."

The Brewers lost to the New York Mets 9-2 on Wednesday and are 0-3 since the one-hitter. Sabathia, who was traded from Cleveland to Milwaukee on July 7 and is 9-0 in 11 starts, has said all along he should've made the play.

"If I put the glove down and make the play, it wouldn't be a big deal," he said following the game against Pittsburgh. "If they change it or they don't, it's not going to change much, really. If they change it or if they don't, I'm fine."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Great news, +$%* C.C. and the Brewers
laugh.gif

Well i am glad the Cubs are getting this out of their system now. Tank goodness the Brewers are losing too, otherwise i would be seriously stressing.
Here is to hoping everyone gets/stays healthy.

laugh.gif
The brewers begging for a no hitter.
laugh.gif

It was in the friggin fifth inning, nobody was complaining when the call came down then, why would they try to change it after the fact? Bunch of douches overthere.
roll.gif

Go Stros', Eight and counting, about time they start playing like they are capable of. And 3 shutouts in the last 5 games, impressive.

laugh.gif
The brewers begging for a no hitter.
laugh.gif

It was in the friggin fifth inning, nobody was complaining when the call came down then, why would they try to change it after the fact? Bunch of douches over there.
roll.gif
Well put
laugh.gif

I agree with Tylerdub. Let sget this out of our system in Sept, not Oct.

Z will be fine. I bet he misses a couple starts. But worst case scenario, they shut him down the rest of the season to save him for the playoffs. He isn'tdone for the year like some rumor sites/bloggers are posting this AM. He has a tired, fatigued arm. The MRi today will confirm that.

As for Harden, they are just being precautious. He's fine.

Last night was ridiculous. Dempster pitched good; offense couldn't buy a hit.

now lets all breathe a collective sigh of relief...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Zambrano gets shot for inflammation, rotator cuff tendinitis[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: September 4, 2008, 3:16 PM ET

CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs ace Carlos Zambrano has right rotator cuff tendinitis and inflammation, an MRI confirmed, a blow to Chicago's chances of winning the World Series for the first time in a century.

Zambrano received a shot of anti-inflammatory medication and hopes to return to the rotation next week.

General manager Jim Hendry said Zambrano is to start throwing again when the team begins a series in St. Louis on Sept. 10. If all goes well, Zambrano would start at Houston in the following series.

Zambrano, 13-5 this year, left his start Tuesday night against the Astros after five innings, saying he did not feel well. He was examined Wednesday by team orthopedist Dr. Stephen Gryzlo.

Zambrano is 1-1 in his past six starts and has made it past the fifth inning only twice.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

i agree with the sporttalk radio honchos. Shut Zambrano down, and if possible(meaning that the playoffs/division is secure in 2 weeks), shut down Harden. Therest will do them some good, no doubt.

Only use Zambrano if our playoffs(meaning if we lose out on the division, and are in the wildcard race to the final week of the season) are on the line. Idon't care about the division, anymore. Wildcard, division, it's just about getting there now.

Back
Top Bottom