..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

if big z got a dead arm and he is only getting pushed back 2 games?! and harden is getting 10 days rest! imo big z should get the same amount of time, zambranohas pitched way more than harden all year he went through that streak where he pitched 110+ pitches for at least 5 starts then he was on a pitch count for afew starts after coming off of the DL he needs some rest at least sit him out this coming series

i know harden is sensitive but he is dealing right now he was on the dl earlier this year and has been on a strict pitch count almost his whole career, time tolet him loose while zambrano and dempster sit back for few a start or two.

either way hope our big 3 is back to full strength soon

I'm not worried yet...now if Milwaukee comes in and sweeps that 1st 3 game set...then I'll have some sweat beads rolling down my face

Ty Wigginton is the hottest player in baseball
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm not worried either way. If the Brewers some how come back, we still have the Wild Card.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Cards might not win another game the rest of the season.
You seriously need to keep your mouth shut, your team hasn't ever won jack !*#*. You're pissing up the wrong tree Ty. You think I bug outon Cubs fans, I will make it a mission to consistently !*#* all over the lousy teams you pull for
laugh.gif

okay ummm.. long holiday weekend is over now, cubbies. can we get back to work tonight please?

time to drink of of that reality juice. We are not the team to beat, like how the media darlings' proclaimed us to be. Which is why I always ignored themedia's claim as the Cubs being the best team in baseball, with the best record, aka the team to beat. I've always said that we have lots of areas toimprove. Don't get me wrong, we're a very good team, but we need to get better. The gap btw where we're at and where we want to be isn't thatbig, but it speaks volumes on the difference factor.

Sorry if I sound so negative, it's just that, I refuse to believe the hype. Yes this is probably the best Cubs team we've seen in a while. Probablybetter than 84. Probably better than 69. But imo the Angels, Rays, and the defending champs are the teams to beat. We're not up there with them, yet. Notthat far off though. We haven't done anything to make myself believe and feel like this is a dream season in the making. Sorry, but I'm all about theresults in the end. I have high expectations and I want this team to go far. I only care about what happens in the end. The end results.

Oh yeah, and Bob Howry is a bum. Trade him, cut him. Expel him out of Chicago. Illinois. *** bum.
smh.gif

Last night was damn frustrating. How many times did we have Houston on the ropes and we couldn't get that one big hit to finish them?
mad.gif

Lee with that DP in the 8th was just dreadful.
smh.gif

But we all knew our sched would be tougher in Sept. That's fine, we need to play good teams if we are going to see what we have for the postseason. But Z better get right, we need that dude.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Last night was damn frustrating. How many times did we have Houston on the ropes and we couldn't get that one big hit to finish them?
mad.gif

Lee with that DP in the 8th was just dreadful.
smh.gif

But we all knew our sched would be tougher in Sept. That's fine, we need to play good teams if we are going to see what we have for the postseason. But Z better get right, we need that dude.
frown.gif

To lose to Oswalt on Monday was one thing....but to watch last night unfold was frustrating indeed.

Agreed CP - when D Lee hit into that DP he threw down his helmet right afterwards....I thought for sure that was when the tides were gonna change.

And Zambrano now officially has me worried. He wasn't bad last night but he wasn't dominant either. He seemed merely average. Something CLEARLY iswrong. He is getting his arm examined today - I do think he has something more than "tired arm".

.. and now zambrano is hurt. greeeaat.

its better we work the bugs out of our system now rather than in sept/october. hopefully this is just a speed bump.

I know WildKcat, First Born, Zo, Stringer all got their gifs/pics at the ready of a panic button being pushed.
laugh.gif
They just waitin for Z's examination to gopublic.

But hey, Beckett went and saw Andrews and it turned out to be nothing too too serious, maybe we'll have the same luck with Z. *crosses fingers*

Why do we always stink in the first have but play great in the second half?
we would be winning the central if we werent horrible the first 4 months

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Why do we always stink in the first have but play great in the second half?
we would be winning the central if we werent horrible the first 4 months
%!%?
roll.gif

Only 4 months huh? You'd be winning the central if the season was only a month long? Great.
laugh.gif

Well, at least the Mets are helping us out so far today. Hopefully Dempster is tired of losing.
nerd.gif

zambrano needs more than 2 extra days of rest like i previously stated he is our ace and has earned some extra time off idk why they only give him 2 extra dayswhen they said he has a "dead arm"

and ive said it earlier in the year and i will say it again even though i know it will not happen now...but aramis 3. lee 4.

my case

aramis 77 rbi with runners in scoring position
lee 25 double plays this season
aramis 23 rbi with a .300+ average in the 7th inning or later

he is just the main run producer for the cubs right now he is the best player to be put in the position of 2 outs with bases loaded.

but aramis was playing that "uggla" defense last night

Last month should be interesting, hopefully the baby bears will pound on the Brewers 6 times or so, giving the Cardinals some kind of shot at the playoffs.

Look, I know it's a long shot, but stranger things have happened.

I know WildKcat, First Born, Zo, Stringer all got their gifs/pics at the ready of a panic button being pushed.
laugh.gif
They just waitin for Z's examination to go public.

But hey, Beckett went and saw Andrews and it turned out to be nothing too too serious, maybe we'll have the same luck with Z. *crosses fingers*

10915ec2e841091474aebbc32ddd846ef585bd8.pjpg

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

laugh.gif
They just waitin for Z's examination to go public.

10915ec2e841091474aebbc32ddd846ef585bd8.pjpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was waiting for this.

Back
Top Bottom