..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

There's no way Z DH's.

We're deep enough and don't want to risk a fluke injury.

I was kidding man, joshin around cuz of the way Z likes to hit.
laugh.gif

Joe got a pretty good point about sitting Harden vs Mil, or the Phils, or the Mets. But we don't have a 20 game lead, we need to get all the wins we canto get there first. Worry about tendencies later.

St Louis Vaginas
Crying over us taking our shirts out after we win in tribute to Cameron's dad.
Then crying that we watched our homers last series.
Now Pujols crying because Villanueva was happy to get out of the jam.
Good god what a group of little babies. Enjoy watching us in the playoffs. Garbage team.

mks33, no doubt.....but I have to say Zach Duke is a good young pitcher....big win nonetheless.

tylerdub, I did the Lakeview Baseball Club once. It was cool - the view is so far away, its kinda hard to watch the game. U sit on actual bleachers whilepeople serve you. Its all you can drink/eat with premium food/beers, as opposed to just Bud Light & Old Style....this Fri I am doing the Sheffield BaseballClub, about two houses south of the one I did. I'll take pics!

arog - love the "sweep" pic!

I have to agree with truthmain on his rotation. Dempster earned the second spot. I personally loooooove Harden and think he is a better pitcher, but Demp at 2and Harden at 3.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

St Louis Vaginas
Good god what a group of little babies. Enjoy watching us in the playoffs. Garbage team.
laugh.gif
What the heck happened?

St Louis Vaginas
Wow......i love this hostility
roll.gif
...let's get it on damnit !!
roll.gif

I'm happy the Cardinals won
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

If Zambrano keeps struggling he will not be the our #1 pitcher. Dempster's that guy. Hopefully, this becomes a non-issue and Big Z gets his act together.He's agreed that his mechanics have been off lately, and there's no way in hell he DH's when he pitches......that would mean the Cubs make it tothe _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, and we shall not speak of that.

St Louis Vaginas
I usually have respect for your posts, but....no. Let's try to subside some of your ignorance.

First off , garbage team? I am not sure about that. Perhaps somebody is a little upset that their bullpen is almost as bad as ours and blew it tonight?
laugh.gif

1. The shirts thing - Did not know it had something to do with Cameron's dad? Care to elaborate (seriously, I want to know why)?
2. Staring down Homers -
laugh.gif
Everybody does this in the MLB, especiallyPujols. You won't hear me complaining there.
3. Villanueva v. Pujols - It looked like Vollanueva was specifically targeting the Cards dugout in his celebration, I think that's why Pujols got mad.
4. Playoffs - "Playoffs? We talkin' bout Playoffs?"
5. St. Louis Vaginas? You got to be a little more creative, bro.

But I see where it comes from, I would be pretty mad if STL blew a game to a "garbage team" too.
nerd.gif

even if them taking out their shirt is to tribute camerons father.....he should be the only one doing it.

from the outside looking in, it looks like they are trying to show them up or something.

~nd I hope the brewers enjoy this semi successful year, renting C.C. for 3 or 4 months won't help them next year

this is going to be a fun series watching two offensive teams with great pitching go at it

hopefully im out of class by first pitch.

LETS GO CUBBIES!

Hamels vs. Dempster. Will be a good game, if the rain holds out. Supp to to t-storm from the afternoon on. Its humid and overcast downtown right now, feelingripe for a downpour. Maybe they play two tomorrow!

I am amped up for this series. 2 good playoff teams going at each other. should be fun!

My fantasy draft is tonight, I probably wont catch the first 7 innings.
frown.gif

^ lol u can do both!

this is a huuuge series.. i'll be going down to my mom's house in philly just to watch it around a bunch of phillies fans.

i just hope we can clinch early in the midst of playing all these good teams. our starters are gonna need a rest before the playoffs start.

will be a good series. cant wait to go back to chi this weekend. may even catch the last 2 games of the series.

sons of #$*%%%%. FK!! This better be a slap in the face and a wake up call if we want to go far and take the playoffs seriously this time around. We look likelast year in the NLDS, in terms of hitting. No disrespect to the Phillies pitcher(he's damn good), but if we can truly contend, and we need to contend, wehave to hit and start hitting soon, against these better pitchers. Everytime a brand name pitcher goes out there and pitches, we somehow cannot hit.

There are no Pirates, and Nationals come postseason. Nothing but quality, good to great competing teams in October. It gets harder. Take the opposition moreseriously. Hopefully this is a wake-up call and we can somehow, find a way to adjust and not swing away all the time. Contact!!!!

I'm not saying out-hit or out-slug the opposition everytime or in the postseason, but we should hold our own like how they're doing. And it doesn'tlook like that now.

A-RAM!!!!! That's what I'm talking about. Maybe they heard me.
tongue.gif
But I wasn't bashing the Cubs. I just wanted them to break open and hit.

41923136.jpg

41923116.jpg

Instant Grand-ification
Cubs Beat Phillies 6-4

Aramis Ramirez's grand slam capped a five-run eighth inning Thursday night, and the Cubs won their sixth straight game in dramatic fashion, rallying for a6-4 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies.

The surging Cubs moved to 34 games over .500. Ramirez sent the roaring 40,362 fans at Wrigley Field into a tizzy when he drove reliever Chad Durbin's pitchinto the center field bleachers to complete the comeback.

The game marked the first time instant replay was available for boundary home run calls, but it wasn't used.

Behind a strong performance from Cole Hamels, Philadelphia had a 4-1 lead heading into the eighth. Hamels had given up just a run and fivehits in seven strong innings before the Phillies' bullpen collapsed.

Philadelphia was coming off a tough loss to the Mets on Wednesday night when it also failed to hold an eighth-inning lead. But this one was worse.

Cubs starter Ryan Dempster, who'd pitched out of trouble all game, gave up a leadoff double to Jayson Werth in the sixth, walked Pedro Feliz and thensurrendered a go-ahead RBI single to No. 8 hitter Carlos Ruiz. Hamels sacrificed, Jimmy Rollins hit a sacrifice fly and Chase Utley followed with an RBIsingle, his third hit of the game, to put the Phils up 4-1.

But reliever Ryan Madson gave up three straight hits to start the bottom of the eighth. Pinch-hitter Mike Fontenot homered leading off to make it 4-2, AlfonsoSoriano doubled and moved to third on Ryan Theriot's single.

Durbin (5-3) relieved and walked Derrek Lee to load the bases with no outs. Ramirez then hit a 1-0 pitch deep into the seats -- Philadelphia center fielderShane Victorino hardly moved as the ball left the bat -- to give the Cubs the lead with his 24th homer.

With the loss, the Phillies dropped a full game behind the idle Mets in the NL East. The Cubs lead Milwaukee by 61/2 in the NL Central.

Bob Howry (6-4) pitched the eighth for the win. Kerry Wood gave up a leadoff single to Rollins in the ninth and a long warning track fly ball to Utley beforegetting his 28th save in 33 chances.

The Cubs tied the game 1-1 in the fifth when Kosuke Fukudome beat out a single behind second and Mark DeRosa drove a 1-2 pitch into the right-field corner fora run-scoring triple.

The Phils got to Dempster for a run in the first but left the bases loaded. Utley doubled, moved on a grounder and following a walk to Ryan Howard and scoredon Victorino's single. But after walking Werth to load the bases, Dempster fanned Feliz.

Philadelphia had second and third in the fifth after an Utley single and double by Howard but this time Dempster struck out Victorino. Notes: Phillies LHPScott Eyre returned to Wrigley Field for the first time since being designated for assignment by the Cubs on August 5. "I'm anxious to see what kindof reaction I get," Eyre said before the game. ... Phillies starting pitcher Joe Blanton will face an ex-Oakland A's teammate on Friday when the Cubssend Rich Harden to the mound. The pitchers, who were both traded in July, chatted behind the batting cage before the game.

Back
Top Bottom