NY METS 2011 POST: Jose Reyes wins National League Batting Crown

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

carlos_beltran_of1stday05_MG_7016.jpg

While I'm happy Ollie/Louie are gone, as long as this ({}) is still on the roster we can't move on to the future. Can we all accept the fact that the Beltran signing turned how to be hugely disappointing, since he really only gave us two years of great baseball?

more like 3 1/2 years but still disappointing. thats the problem with giving out big contracts like that. im hoping Johan bounces back otherwise its the same story.
Some of his numbers look better than he reall was though...No leadership, always a choker in big moments, whenever we were in our late season collapse never felt like he was doing anything to carry the team especially...I've just never been a fan of the guy, and him keeping the bat on his shoulder in '06 will ultimately some of his career as a Met to me.  This team just needs such a radical change in the way the team is operated to me Beltran is the guy that represented how stupidly we operated this past decade.

While I'm happy Ollie/Louie are gone, as long as this ({}) is still on the roster we can't move on to the future. Can we all accept the fact that the Beltran signing turned how to be hugely disappointing, since he really only gave us two years of great baseball?

more like 3 1/2 years but still disappointing. thats the problem with giving out big contracts like that. im hoping Johan bounces back otherwise its the same story.
Some of his numbers look better than he reall was though...No leadership, always a choker in big moments, whenever we were in our late season collapse never felt like he was doing anything to carry the team especially...I've just never been a fan of the guy, and him keeping the bat on his shoulder in '06 will ultimately some of his career as a Met to me.  This team just needs such a radical change in the way the team is operated to me Beltran is the guy that represented how stupidly we operated this past decade.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Yeah, Beltran has to go.

Johan next.

I love the guy but as I said a year or 2 ago, we wasted his prime years here. No sense in keeping him around to be part of a rebuilding effort.

Unfortunately, he may never return to dominance though.
tired.gif
Unlike Beltran, Johan is a leader and with our young arms we're gonna need a vet with experience to lead them. He may never win those Cy Youngs again, but he'll be at least as dependable as Pedro towards the end of his time in Boston.

Yeah, Beltran has to go.

Johan next.

I love the guy but as I said a year or 2 ago, we wasted his prime years here. No sense in keeping him around to be part of a rebuilding effort.

tired.gif
Unlike Beltran, Johan is a leader and with our young arms we're gonna need a vet with experience to lead them. He may never win those Cy Youngs again, but he'll be at least as dependable as Pedro towards the end of his time in Boston.

i was hyped when he came over. it was the right move to make at the time to make this team relevant again. he had the tools and showed them once he got that first season here out of the way (like im hoping Bay will do this year). Wainwrights curveball could have froze anybody. it was FILTHY and as much as it sucks, im not blaming Beltran as much as most other people do.

it does seem he is being babied with his knee but im not an athlete so i dont know what kind of pain he's actually in. all im asking is that we can get something for him by the trade deadline.

i was hyped when he came over. it was the right move to make at the time to make this team relevant again. he had the tools and showed them once he got that first season here out of the way (like im hoping Bay will do this year). Wainwrights curveball could have froze anybody. it was FILTHY and as much as it sucks, im not blaming Beltran as much as most other people do.

it does seem he is being babied with his knee but im not an athlete so i dont know what kind of pain he's actually in. all im asking is that we can get something for him by the trade deadline.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Yeah, Beltran has to go.

Johan next.

tired.gif
QFT...Johan is a smart enough pitcher to still be effective even if loses his top stuff, especially in this stadium.

Yeah, Beltran has to go.

Johan next.

tired.gif
QFT...Johan is a smart enough pitcher to still be effective even if loses his top stuff, especially in this stadium.

Originally Posted by Proshares

You guys think you would have turned out any better signing Vlad instead that offseason?
Vlad would've never signed here. He hated being in front of a camera.

You guys think you would have turned out any better signing Vlad instead that offseason?

One at bat should not define his legacy, when our only trip to the playoffs he was one of the few who had clutch hits after clutch hits, guy was knocking home runs out the park and maintained his playoff reputation (albeit a short one). It's one thing to not like him thats fine, but thats an unfair judgement.
Unfair to judge one single at bat when the offense (except for Beltran and Delgado) as a whole let Suppan and Weaver dominate them. Yeah we didn't have Pedro and Duque starting and we lost Duaner Sanchez, but they still could have won a ring.

That's baseball for you.

One at bat should not define his legacy, when our only trip to the playoffs he was one of the few who had clutch hits after clutch hits, guy was knocking home runs out the park and maintained his playoff reputation (albeit a short one). It's one thing to not like him thats fine, but thats an unfair judgement.
Unfair to judge one single at bat when the offense (except for Beltran and Delgado) as a whole let Suppan and Weaver dominate them. Yeah we didn't have Pedro and Duque starting and we lost Duaner Sanchez, but they still could have won a ring.

That's baseball for you.

laugh.gif
 That wasn't the question smart %*!.

laugh.gif
 That wasn't the question smart %*!.

smart baseball decisions from the front office?
eek.gif

SHUGES wrote:

Johan next.

Johan is NOT next. With 4yrs./$97M left on his deal I don't think he's going anywhere. Sure a few teams could afford him but with all the injuries who would really take that risk? Despite the many offseason surgeries, Johan always manages to comeback and be effective. He doesn't get the run support he needs but I believe we will see a resurgence of the Mets offense this year with or without him so I'll be happy to keep him.

smart baseball decisions from the front office?
eek.gif

SHUGES wrote:

Johan next.

Johan is NOT next. With 4yrs./$97M left on his deal I don't think he's going anywhere. Sure a few teams could afford him but with all the injuries who would really take that risk? Despite the many offseason surgeries, Johan always manages to comeback and be effective. He doesn't get the run support he needs but I believe we will see a resurgence of the Mets offense this year with or without him so I'll be happy to keep him.

Wow, the Yanks would be desperate if they really went after Perez.

And I think you guys are confusing what I'm trying to say about Johan.

He's been great for us. And I DO think he'll still be an effective pitcher.

But what I'm saying is that he shouldn't have to be a part of a rebuilding effort.

He's been a good guy for us. Might as well reward him and trade him to a contender once he shows he can pitch well again.

And we all know that won't be for another year, maybe 2.

Back
Top Bottom