NY METS 2011 POST: Jose Reyes wins National League Batting Crown

Wow, the Yanks would be desperate if they really went after Perez.

And I think you guys are confusing what I'm trying to say about Johan.

He's been great for us. And I DO think he'll still be an effective pitcher.

But what I'm saying is that he shouldn't have to be a part of a rebuilding effort.

He's been a good guy for us. Might as well reward him and trade him to a contender once he shows he can pitch well again.

And we all know that won't be for another year, maybe 2.

Ive lost hope after the past couple of seasons....it amazes me...our roster looks GREAT on paper, name wise...but the team just under performs
30t6p3b.gif

Ive lost hope after the past couple of seasons....it amazes me...our roster looks GREAT on paper, name wise...but the team just under performs
30t6p3b.gif

If we are going to rebuild then those ticket prices needs to drop....NOW.

What do we do about Reyes? If he's going to want a 100M contract over like 6 years, then I have no problem with him leaving.

3 year contract? Fine by me.

What do we do about Reyes? If he's going to want a 100M contract over like 6 years, then I have no problem with him leaving.

Would you want to be out of serious contention but have Reyes streaking from March to June to swap him to help rebuild the farm?

Would you want to be out of serious contention but have Reyes streaking from March to June to swap him to help rebuild the farm?

If Reyes tells the team he wants a 6-7 yr contract with Crawford money and its May, I would be ALL for trading him at the deadline to make the team deeper.

I love Reyes but he is too injury prone for such a long term commitment.

If Reyes tells the team he wants a 6-7 yr contract with Crawford money and its May, I would be ALL for trading him at the deadline to make the team deeper.

I love Reyes but he is too injury prone for such a long term commitment.

If Reyes plays well to start the season best believe I would sell high on dude...Reyes used to be my favorite Met but his inconsistencies have worn thin over the years. I just think this team needs to rebuild, I just can't see anyway we'll be better than Braves/Phils over the next few years

If Reyes plays well to start the season best believe I would sell high on dude...Reyes used to be my favorite Met but his inconsistencies have worn thin over the years. I just think this team needs to rebuild, I just can't see anyway we'll be better than Braves/Phils over the next few years

Get some arms and you'll be on your way. I personally think the Phils window will be two years tops. I'd be more worried about the Braves & Marlins for the future.

Get some arms and you'll be on your way. I personally think the Phils window will be two years tops. I'd be more worried about the Braves & Marlins for the future.

Marlins are always THAT team who will always be dangerous and they never finish beyond 3rd, something is always missing with that team. And even if they do contend for that one season out of 10, they will break them apart the following year.
laugh.gif

Long term I will always worry more about the Braves.

I'd sell HIGH on Reyes if by the break we have a .500 record. I'd rather have high profile players at the power positions like corner outfield than a streaky SS, but I wouldn't mind building a team around speed with that Field we have here.
sick.gif

we had some good starting pitching performances last season, but with Bay out and Reyes being hurt always, the offense looked awful for long stretches and Ike hit that rookie wall for a bit. I am looking forward to see Ike, Thole, Niese, Mejia, etc continue to develop.

Marlins are always THAT team who will always be dangerous and they never finish beyond 3rd, something is always missing with that team. And even if they do contend for that one season out of 10, they will break them apart the following year.
laugh.gif

Long term I will always worry more about the Braves.

I'd sell HIGH on Reyes if by the break we have a .500 record. I'd rather have high profile players at the power positions like corner outfield than a streaky SS, but I wouldn't mind building a team around speed with that Field we have here.
sick.gif

we had some good starting pitching performances last season, but with Bay out and Reyes being hurt always, the offense looked awful for long stretches and Ike hit that rookie wall for a bit. I am looking forward to see Ike, Thole, Niese, Mejia, etc continue to develop.

but if Reyes comes out on all cylinders to start the year, do you really wanna see him go?

i would rather try and get an extension signed by the trade deadline. if we cant work out a fair deal, THEN test the trade waters.

we can get some good years out of Reyes/Pagan/Wright at the top of the order. if Ike reaches his potential and can hit clean up behind that, you cant say thats not a dangerous lineup to start with.

but if Reyes comes out on all cylinders to start the year, do you really wanna see him go?

i would rather try and get an extension signed by the trade deadline. if we cant work out a fair deal, THEN test the trade waters.

we can get some good years out of Reyes/Pagan/Wright at the top of the order. if Ike reaches his potential and can hit clean up behind that, you cant say thats not a dangerous lineup to start with.

You really want to give Reyes Crawford money and 7 years, and then RELY on him to be on the field for a majority of that time?

Risk is too big IMO, he is injury prone to begin with.

....and I would be extremely sad to see him go but lets not act like we would not get some good talent back if we DO move him, or get a draft pick if he just signs elsewhere.

You really want to give Reyes Crawford money and 7 years, and then RELY on him to be on the field for a majority of that time?

Risk is too big IMO, he is injury prone to begin with.

....and I would be extremely sad to see him go but lets not act like we would not get some good talent back if we DO move him, or get a draft pick if he just signs elsewhere.

i would look at the contract Rickie Weeks signed as a starting point if they actually try to negotiate during the season. 5 years/ 50 mil for a middle infielder who can play both sides of the ball, hit at the top of the order, and are coming off injuries entering the prime of their career.

i think Reyes would have to have an MVP type season to get Crawford money.

i would look at the contract Rickie Weeks signed as a starting point if they actually try to negotiate during the season. 5 years/ 50 mil for a middle infielder who can play both sides of the ball, hit at the top of the order, and are coming off injuries entering the prime of their career.

i think Reyes would have to have an MVP type season to get Crawford money.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Reyes injury prone? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Outside of 09, when basically everyone was out, Reyes has been fine. This franchise made a huge mistake by not signing Reyes this off-season, when we could of had him for AT WORST 6yrs/14 mil, now he'll have a huge year and we'll won't be able to afford him. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Reyes injury prone? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Outside of 09, when basically everyone was out, Reyes has been fine. This franchise made a huge mistake by not signing Reyes this off-season, when we could of had him for AT WORST 6yrs/14 mil, now he'll have a huge year and we'll won't be able to afford him. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom